Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

[Atlanta-Ned] MacBlaze - Note Appeal - Rule 8 Violation

Post by Blase » #493040

Byond Account: MacBlaze

Character Name: Tritium V

Note Admin: Atlanta-Ned

Note: Rule 8 Violation

Note Reason: ERPed at end of the round by emoting sexually as I was being beaten to death with a stun prod and cuffed.

Time note was placed: Around 5:40 PM Central Daylight Savings Time

Server you were playing when noted: Bagil.

Your side of the story:
I was working as an atmosian plasmaman, stepped onto shuttle tiles that were blown away but still worked when I walked on them, got flown to the pod pickup shuttle, found someone there who decided to beat me to a pulp with his stun rod after I said Hi. Since It was the end of the round I decided to be annoying and spam sexual shit at him, I forget that admins see all chat, so I was spamming him too. He bwoinked me the next round and I was given a note for rule 8 violation, very fair on his part, considering rule 8 violations are a permaban.

Why you think the note should be changed:
I am totally and completely aware of rule 8, and It is my first note since November or earlier, and my first (!!!) note at all. The !!! is the emote I saw next to it, which I assume means the highest severity. I did ERP, even if it was a joke. I assumed ERP was covered under EORG at the end of the round, and many people in OOC responded saying similar things after I questioned it. Atlanta-Ned proceeded to mute OOC, stifling conversation about the topic. I admin helped it and asked for context to be given. Even though rule 8 was a justified note, I feel that context should be given. He proceeded to tell me that I had committed a violation of rule 8, which I said I understood, I just felt that it would be awkward and affect the future judgment of admins on me if they saw that kind of breach of conduct without any information. I do not wish for the note to be removed, I just wish for a small blip to be added that says something about the end of the round or how I claimed I thought it was covered under EORG. If this is pointless and won't affect any admins judgment of me, as that is the thing I am worried about, please tell me and I won't care anymore. I believe I was misled by people to believe that ERP was allowed at the end of the round. I must insist I had no intention of breaking the rules, and that I only did this because I thought it was allowed under EORG. I realize it is not.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: [Atlanta-Ned] MacBlaze - Note Appeal - Rule 8 Violation

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #493180

Blase wrote:If this is pointless and won't affect any admins judgment of me, as that is the thing I am worried about, please tell me and I won't care anymore.
This is in fact pointless. The only way this note will be factored into any future admin actions regarding you is if you violate rule 8 again. Which I assume you won’t, because it’s the kind of thing you have to go out of your way to do.

Unless a headmin has a differing opinion, this appeal is denied.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

Post by Blase » #493186

Alright, thank you.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #493495

Blase wrote:I forget that admins see all chat, so I was spamming him too.
Just so you know for future reference, it's not just admins that see all chat- it's all ghosts (that haven't changed their settings to turn seeing emotes and such while dead off) too. You spammed with ERP messages not only an admin, but every dead person on the server as well.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #493630

I agree with Ned's decision. The note will only affect you if you ever do something like this again.
Locking the thread.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try