[Eagleendia] Xivilai Anaxes - Permanent ban from all Science and Silicon roles - See previous ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

[Eagleendia] Xivilai Anaxes - Permanent ban from all Science and Silicon roles - See previous ban.

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #493146

Byond account and character name: Xivilai Anaxes Amaya Strange
Banning admin: Eaglendia
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: 1 week ban/perm science and silicon role ban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-05-04 05:54:20 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Was a week ago but - Cult round command crew decides immediately upon spotting a cultist to call a shuttle so I decide to commandeer the AI to help me recall it. Got a week ban and was fine with it. Hop on today find out I got hit with a second perma role ban? For 5 fucking jobs?
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not complaining about the week ban, but literally immediately into a 5 role perma? Come the fuck on.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Re: [Eagleendia] Xivilai Anaxes - Permanent ban from all Science and Silicon roles - See previous ban.

Post by Eaglendia » #493152

Heyo.

"Commandeering the AI to help you recall the shuttle" is a gross misrepresentation of what happened in this round and that you've said as much (and nothing else) here leaves me less than excited by the prospect of reducing this ban. Your uploaded law, foremost, had little to do with the shuttle call directly; rather, it was designed to essentially only-human the AI to you and your nonantagonist co-worker. The law applied was "Only silicons and augmented organics are human." This law upload resulted in the death of the Head of Security and a number of other crew members, and made life difficult for the survivors in attempting to bar them from re-entering the shuttle. The ban I applied was prompt given your demeanor in the ensuing adminhelp; when asked a serious question, you gave a joke answer ("I did it because machines rule") that suggests to me that you did it because you were bored and thought it was acceptable behavior for a nonantagonist, and followed up with a hyperbole that more thoroughly suggests a misunderstanding of silicons and escalation policy.

Had I taken time to investigate the situation more thoroughly I believe that my punishment might have been harsher.

The following is taken from your PDA logs earlier in the round:

Code: Select all

[2019-05-04 12:36:07.141] PDA: XivilaiAnaxes/(Amaya Strange) (PDA: roboticist PDA to Mainframe (AI)) "Open this door, AI." (Bridge (123, 134, 2))
[2019-05-04 12:36:58.478] PDA: XivilaiAnaxes/(Amaya Strange) (PDA: roboticist PDA to Mainframe (AI)) "Have the borgs kill humans until they recall the shuttle." (Bridge (111, 136, 2))
[2019-05-04 12:37:35.866] PDA: XivilaiAnaxes/(Amaya Strange) (PDA: roboticist PDA to Mainframe (AI)) "Allow them into your mainframe, stun them then kill them. I can use their ID to cancel the shuttle" (Bridge (116, 137, 2))
Attempting to mass recall the shuttle and kill anyone who stands in your way because you're not happy with how the round is playing out is not in the slightest bit acceptable as a nonantagonist. It shows a blatant lack of empathy for the other players in the round, a complete lack of understanding of escalation policy, and - in that what you're essentially doing is self-antagging in one of the most destructive possible ways - a complete disregard for server policy in general. Precedent would suggest a harsher punishment in light of this, but I'm not here to put you on trial for the immediate consequences of that round.

That said, you've been noted not too long prior to this for uploading a similarly-consequential AI law as a nonantagonist role as well, and I also applied this ban keeping in mind I've attempted to clarify misunderstandings in silicon policy to you a number of times in the week or so before this incident; in these situations, you've always insisted that you understand what's going on. After seeing this situation unfold with that in mind I decided it'd be best if you took some time away from silicons and the roles closest to them. In this moment, you're at best suggesting to me that you don't understand why this wasn't okay or that you did anything wrong at all, and at worst attempting to misrepresent the facts of your case. Either way, as stated, doesn't leave me excited to let you back near them so soon.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
XivilaiAnaxes

Re: [Eagleendia] Xivilai Anaxes - Permanent ban from all Science and Silicon roles - See previous ban.

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #493157

If you made it a month role ban I'd accept where you're coming from, but you instantly made it a perm AFTER a week long ban. I'm not saying I didn't do wrong - but I already took the damn week ban for it without complaining. What I'm annoyed with is you just stuck a perm role ban and are now following that up with "I decided it'd be best if you took some time away".
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #493159

Posts not updating as fast as I would like, but the reason I didn't bother elaborating on the events was because A - it was a little over a week ago and I don't remember half of the specifics and B - I'm not defending it, otherwise I would have appealed the week long ban. I'm only appealing the frankly ridiculous perma 5 role you added on top.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #493166

Analysis stands. To clarify, just in case I'm being misunderstood or it seems as if the additional ban was arbitrary: the roleban was applied as a part of and in the same session as your initial ban, just a few minutes afterward given a more complete analysis of the scenario and supported by other admins online at the time (as the roleban was applied after the server ban you wouldn't have been online to see it, so apologies if the information comes as a surprise). Given that a monthban, or a much longer server ban rather than just a roleban would have been appropriate, I'm going to say: go ahead and appeal this next month. This incident was undoubtedly a veritable constellation of not-good things; to not have copped a longer ban in the first place feels rather lenient to me.

Enjoy yourself; play responsibly in the interim, and show us that you understand how the game works.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.