Appeals which have been closed.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

[Nervere] tarchoonvaagh - note removal

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #494917

Byond account and character name: tarchoonvaagh - Tharcoonvagh Hawker
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Engineering
Ban reason and length: Ran into the SM roundstart on a round we were testing a new gamemode. Player claims to have not known this was against the rules. Player has lots of jobbans for lots of thing, at this point any future bans should be a permaban.
This ban (BanID #39575) was applied by Nervere on 2019-05-21 18:07:46 during round ID 108911.
The ban is for 14 days and expires on 2019-06-04 18:07:46 (server time).
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ^
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: It was a WIP Disaster round, before start I forgot to hit observe, but don't wanted to miss anything, so quickly ran into the SM. Then got bwoinked.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Nervere stated that rules say that you will get banned for this behaviour. I wanted to check, reread the rules (https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules) and it doesn't say that. I found the rule in the Guide to the SM (https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_the_Supermatter). As an engi, I even told him that I never do complicated things, such as the SM, only solars, mechanic things or just regular engi work. That's why I never met that rule. I don't really care about the jobban, only the note. Also, the permaban warning might be because Dax did not remove the Detective fuck up stuff, three !!! notes. Sorry for the misunderstanding, next time I will ask before doing shit like.... running into the SM. Also also, this Disaster mode is pretty good - might require some polishing.
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Wed May 22, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Nervere] tarchoonvaagh - note removal

Post by Dax Dupont » #495013

Running in the SM causes it to prematurely start and generally cause delamination.

Also I'll remove the additional note, but since people read the notes instead it would not have factored in this.

That said a day ban + job role ban will always leave two identical notes.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #495087

Also, the permaban warning might be because Dax did not remove the Detective fuck up stuff, three !!! notes.
If this sounded like an offense, then sorry, it was not intentional.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #495410

Hi! Nervere is on a break so I'll handle this appeal.
The note is fair. By running in the sm you caused its delamination, which ends in griefing as a non-antag. So yes, it IS against the rules.
You have 453 connections, in which you've managed to get 7 bans, including server and role. Honestly, I don't believe it's so weird that you're on thin ice.
I have decided to deny this appeal. Other headmins can overturn this if they'd like.

As for the Disaster gamemode, here's the feedback thread!
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #495470

Look, my point is, that the running-into-the-SM rule is in the Guide to the SM, that I did not read. It is not in the general rules. Like I said I don't want to do complicated things (like the SM), that's why I did not read that page. I did not want to intentionally cause delamination.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #495493

That is included in the note. It is acknowledged that you claimed you didn't know.
Admins ignoring when you make a mistake depends on how well you're standing. If you're a player that rarely causes troubles, we're more likely to believe you genuinely didn't know. If you have multiple jobbans for being irresponsible, it's not weird it won't be believed. Still, Nervere chose to mention that you said you didn't know.
I don't really know how else can I help you, the note seems fair to me.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #495505

Okay, thank you for attending this appeal.