Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Beardbeard

[Lazengann] Beardbeard - Ban Appeal

Post by Beardbeard » #496399

Byond account and character name: Beardbeard/Sideburns
Banning admin: Lazengann
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game
Ban reason and length: Set the SM up to delaminate and then disconnected. Permanent.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 9:19 2018-7-17
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Dunno
Your side of the story: The reason is a bit misleading because I left after the round was over. This might have actually been applied like a day or two later, I don't remember.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was playing on the event hall yesterday while the ban database was down and I want to continue doing that.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: [Lazengann] Beardbeard - Ban Appeal

Post by Lazengann » #496408

Beardbeard wrote:The reason is a bit misleading because I left after the round was over.
This is wrong, you left during the round and another admin let a player hop in your body. Funnily enough, the player asked to be put in your body because he saw you sabotaging and assumed he'd get an antagonist role once he was you. You were playing as Paul Wall at the time. Enclosed are various screenshots that show context.

Sabotage. For quick verification that it was sabotage, jump to the coordinates of the two REMOVED pipes on metastation. You'll find they're the pipes for the cooling loop.
Spoiler:
The ahelp from the guy who took over your body.
Spoiler:
This screenshot shows the SM exploded well before the round had ended.
Spoiler:
I have no interest in lifting this ban at this time, given your long history and my personal experience with you. This thread will be taken over by the headmins who will review your case.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #496412

Oh okay I was thinking of another one then.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #496413

Anyway I want to play on the event hall.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #496483

Beardbeard wrote:I was playing on the event hall yesterday while the ban database was down and I want to continue doing that.
There's a better way of putting what you were doing yesterday: it's called ban evading.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #496493

Nervere wrote:
Beardbeard wrote:I was playing on the event hall yesterday while the ban database was down and I want to continue doing that.
There's a better way of putting what you were doing yesterday: it's called ban evading.
According to some people, you could play on the event hall as database was down.

Sure, you can call it ban evasion, but this is not the same as rshoe94 coming out of the woodworks with a new ckey, vpn, and other shit just so he can get on the server to blow shit up. This was the fault of the server being in bad conditions. It does not deserve the association with that, in my opinion.

also that sentence wouldn't make sense. "i want to continue ban evading" doesn't sound the same as "i want to continue playing on this server" since one implies grief and the other implies no grief.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #496495

Nervere wrote:
It is not.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #496519

Playing on the server - while banned - when the ban database is down is ban evasion. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
You got permabanned again super quick after you were unbanned the last time. I cannot count on my two hands how many times you’ve been "permanently" banned from this community, but at a certain point it doesn’t matter anymore.
Unbanning you in hopes you have changed is a fool’s errand.