[MortoSaseye] Xscha - Banned 2 days

Post by fatmonkey26 » #496973

Title/subject:
[MortoSaseye] Xscha - Banned 2 days

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Xscha, unsure of character name
Banning admin: MortoSaseye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server ban
Ban reason and length: 2 days, ban for two no reason killings and leaving before explaining
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 23:59:05 Pacific Daylight Time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagilstation
Your side of the story: I wasn't there to explain my side, I thought what I did was okay when I did it, so I left. I think the only two killings I did were the quartermaster, which he was pissed off I broke into cargo to use an autolathe. him and his cargo technician would constantly attack me when I went near cargo, to which I abated and stayed away from cargo. I then went back to my bar, and then gravity went out. I went up in the hallway and the QM saw me, he used a fire extingisher to navigate and kept assaulting me. after he hit me a couple times and a security officer actually just waltzed by and saw it, I did kill him, and yes, I admit to trying to hide the body, because I'm sure he would have kept chasing me. the second kill, I am unsure who that was, but I think it refers to the assistant/whatever job he was who came in and shoved me over the tables a couple times. I then shot him with a poison dart and chased him away. at that point a couple guys killed me, I think one a traitor, and he dragged me t
o arrivals to space me. I figured my game was done due to being space so I left.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I genuinely was just doing self defense, honestly the guy being real dumb and just shoving me a bit I probably was excessive, but like I said I just shot him with poison dart and didn't slug him like the QM and let him walk off to med, I guess he must have died and do apologize for outright killing him, I still believe that is self defense, but if that doesn't, I'd at least like a ban reduction to one day instead of two.
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Re: [MortoSaseye] Xscha - Banned 2 days

Post by Cw3040 » #496974

Escalation Policy wrote:If a player wrongs you(theft, attacks, etc), you may retaliate. If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator. If you are concerned about being "kill baited" then consider calling security, using non lethal means to subdue your opponent, fleeing, or otherwise working things out (talking them down, getting your stolen items replaced, etc)

You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you can't completely destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think it's unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed.
fatmonkey26

Post by fatmonkey26 » #496978

Cw3040 wrote:
Escalation Policy wrote:If a player wrongs you(theft, attacks, etc), you may retaliate. If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator. If you are concerned about being "kill baited" then consider calling security, using non lethal means to subdue your opponent, fleeing, or otherwise working things out (talking them down, getting your stolen items replaced, etc)

You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you can't completely destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think it's unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed.
not sure why you quote this, but I wouldn't post this appeal if I didn't think I was within the escalation rules
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #497064

I will reduce this ban to a day for overescalation. This is due to the fact you deescalated after tresspasing into cargo, and got attacked again by them, which makes them the instigator in the second conflict; however, you DID try to hide their body, and while you were not obligated to clone them, preventing the person from being cloned after only fighting once is a no-no. If they had continued to chase you after being cloned, the story would be different.

You also injected someone with 30 units of plasma for pushing you which made them go into crit and thankfully they got saved by another player in time.

The note and ban reason will be changed to the following: Killed one person, and almost a second one. The first case was valid, however, they tried to hide the instigator body inside a locker to prevent them from being cloned. In the second case, it was over escalation; they shot someone with 30 units of plasma which sent them into critical, only for pushing them against a table.

Please read our escalation rules again and try to memorize them; remember that also trying to kill someone for absurd reasons, like them pushing you against a table a couple of times, is awful behavior.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: