Appeals which have been closed.
Flyguy076

[NecromancerAnne] Flyguy076 - One day ban

Post by Flyguy076 » #497540

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Flyguy076, Franklin Edwards
Banning admin: NecromancerAnne
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Play
Ban reason and length: Randomly killed the RD for early launching in a cult round, One day (24 Hours)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-11 05:55:13
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I was playing as a Purified Construct, and I was very confused. i didn't even know these existed at this point, let alone their alignment/rules. When the shuttle arrived, I saw that it launched early. The first person I saw at the comms console was the RD. At this point, I had no idea that it was a cult round and I was very angry about the shuttle being launched early. So, I attacked him and other crew members jumped in too.
Why you think you should be unbanned: There is little to no instruction in-game about purified constructs, so I thought it was free range. I don't want to have a ban in my admin notes over this.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Flyguy076 - One day ban

Post by MortoSasye » #497544

Full ban reason below:
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #498952

Hi. Thank you for appealing and I apologize for the delay. I've been on again/off again sick for the better part of a week. Today included but I can't delay this any further.

While we were talking in ahelps you provided me several reasons you decided to attack the RD, all of which were conflicting and all of which didn't really make a whole lot of sense. When you claimed that he emagged the shuttle while you were a cult construct, I really did believe you were either straight up lying or being dishonest. On reflection, having only so many hours and the purified constructs being a brand new mechanic at the time, there is maybe enough to justify being confused, especially with cult being a bit esoteric to a new player. I can understand the confusion now.

That said, a player was still killed for doing something quite standard for cult rounds, an early launch, which is still not acceptable behavior for anyone even if you were confused or got it wrong or didn't know any better, especially meta tactics against the cult. You made a mistake, which anyone can, but you still got a player killed for invalid reasons and with no chance of revival just before the round was ending. The ban is still valid as far as I can tell, as you've made similar mistakes before in recent history about jumping to conclusions and getting people killed because of it. If you have any confusions of this nature in the future, you should probably contact us first before you do something that might land you in hot water. Since the ban has elapsed, I will only change the note to reflect fairly understandable confusion leading up to the incident, but I still believe the ban is valid. A headmin can of course rule otherwise or chime in.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #499078

A friendly reminder to ahelp if you're unsure about your capabilities or limitations in your current situation. An admin will tell you if you have any special prohibitions in your current state.

Locking this thread now as it's resolved.