Cannibaloid

[MrAlphonzo] Cannibaloid 30 min ban for saying "np"

Post by Cannibaloid » #498237

Byond account and character name: Cannibaloid / Coreen Leichter

Banning admin: MrAlphonzo

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temp Server Ban

Ban reason and length: Netspeak 30 minutes

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 01:19:52 server time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Seth overflow on station hall thingy, can't remember full name

Your side of the story: I was thanked by another person for doing something and by reflex I responded back to them "np" which stands for no problem. I generally think of netspeak as more of the "owo uwu" shit that ERPers do and it didn't even occur to me that "np" would be considered as such, especially since in a text heavy game it's often convenient to use abbreviations to say things faster.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, there's only like 15 more minutes to the ban but I was hoping to be unbanned fast enough to rejoin the round where I was considering I was an antag and was doing quite well in the round. But the round may have already ended by now so I don't think there's much point to that. My complaint is more that the whole netspeak thing seems to be a bit too extreme and doesn't take into account the context. Like I'd understand completely banning someone ERPing, doing netspeak constantly, or going full l33t or tHiS. But I was just trying to be polite to another person and did it by reflex one time.
Cannibaloid

Re: [MrAlphonzo] Cannibaloid 30 min ban for saying "np"

Post by Cannibaloid » #498239

Got unbanned and rejoined to find myself on escape shuttle so at least I saw the ending but failed due to not stealing research nodes. Yoinked the plut core though. Feel free to close this.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #498242

No.

Event hall has a serious problem with netspeak, and I spent a sizeable portion of the round being generous and handing out warnings, until it reached a point where it was obvious the warnings were not getting through to anybody.

I sent out several announcements warning everyone that I was cracking down severely on netspeak, and even gave examples to what netspeak was.

Unless you are somehow playing on your phone, you have access to an entire keyboard, and there is no reason to take any shortcuts, especially in a game that is RP-oriented.
Low-RP is not no-rp.

I'm sorry, little one.

[youtube]HXeS-x00ydE[/youtube]
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #498856

If the administrator gives a large message announcing that something will be handled harshly, don't be surprised when it gets handled harshly.

Locking this thread now.