[Arianya] ZanderDowdall - Perma ban

Post Content:

Byond account and character name: ZanderDowdall/Alex Dowdall

Banning admin: Arianya

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma Ban

Ban reason and length: Perma Ban

Time ban was placed (including time zone): MGT 2019-02-02 15:07:52

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Lost an antag role to admemes (Blargety). Ahelped and asked if I could get spawned in as old cyro ghost role next round. Blargety agreed, but disconnected at some point between the end of that round and the next. I observed at roundstart. Found out Blargety was disconnected, and ahelped to see if anyone could help. I saw that Ariyana was online, and ahelped explaining the situation. Didn't get a response, ahelped two more times with no response. I made the other account "GodDamnItBlargety2" and logged on and became an old cyro. Ahelped Ariyana and explained again, included that this was an alt for the purpose of playing old cyro for this round. She banned me anyway, but as far as I can tell, didn't understand/listen to my side of the story. She said in the ban report that "I dont know what conversation you had with Blargety, but the ghost role ban isn't waived cause you feel like it".
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't intend to make the account at first, and spent 10-15m trying to get the admins attention with ahelps before resorting to making the account. I ahelped right away when I logged in explaining the situation, but said explanation was ignored.
Last edited by ZanderDowdall on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: Ban Appeal (ZanderDowdall)

Post by wubli » #499568

I'm using my peanut posting pass as a Head Admin to laugh at the fact you didn't once spell her ckey properly
[riyana]
Banning admin: Ariyana
And now I'm replying for real.
Are you sure you're permabanned? Our db says that you're not, what was banned was the alt ckey.
Still, I gotta say, it was a pretty dumb move, but I wouldn't permaban someone over it. Just make sure you don't ever do something silly like that again!
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
ZanderDowdall
Byond Username: ZanderDowdall

Post by ZanderDowdall » #499571

Sorry, Didnt see the reply. Yeah I got perma'd. tried logging on just there. My brother's account "Ze Doctor" was recently unbanned, and he has been playing (Sparingly, he still has exams to do). I cant log in tho. It's an IP ban, and John had to get his account removed from it
ZanderDowdall

Post by ZanderDowdall » #499586

OOF I didn't spell it right at all.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #499587

We have ways of identifying accounts other than just IP address, that's why you and your alts accounts are banned, and your brother isn't.
Your permaban is for making a second account to evade a ghost role ban that had been applied on your account. Admins not replying to your ahelps is not an excuse for evasion.
Why exactly do you think you should be unbanned?
ZanderDowdall

Post by ZanderDowdall » #499592

I wasn't making the account to evade the ghost ban, Blargety had agreed to spawn me in as a ghost role next round instead of an antag token, as I lost an antag round to admemes. The reason I made the account was because the Blargety had disconnected, and the other admin was not responding. I didn't intend to use it as a continuous thing, I specified this with the Ahelp when I logged on with the second account. I understand that what I did was quite stupid, but it wasn't perma-ban worthy.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #500829

Hi, sorry this took me a while to get to. I forgot about it with RL stuff.

In essence, you're unbanned, but please don't go around making alts in order to pester admins or the like. By what I recall from nearly 5 months ago, Blargety never actually promised you squat and just told you to go Charlie Station if you wanted. They were also an AdminCandidate at the time so even if they had promised it it wouldn't be really appropriate to give to you, a person with a ghost role ban.

Stick to one account. Don't use alts because your entirely non-essential ticket got ignored/missed/whatever.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #501382

This is resolved and I'm locking it now.