(NecromancerAnne)Tortoisen - Ban Appeal and Missunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
Tortoisen

(NecromancerAnne)Tortoisen - Ban Appeal and Missunderstanding

Post by Tortoisen » #500078

Byond account and character name: Tortoisen and Anna Miller
Banning admin: NecromancerAnne
Ban type: Talking on ooc about ic stuff
Ban reason and length: Died as wizard, immidiatly began yelling in OOC about IC stuff, was told to stop before admin intervention by players, logged off
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Died as wizard, even though I was coming in piece, gave 2 messages in OOC about that I came in piece and that was unnecessary (I aknowladge that mistake) then went afk to cook some dinner, came to play, see I got banned for a day
Why you think you should be unbanned: It he was a misunderstanding and a mistake of mine, then I missed a warning from admin then got banned. The least I can do is not to do anything alike to my mistake and then read up on chat rules
Last edited by Tortoisen on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: (NecromancerAnne)Tortoisen - Ban Appeal and Missunderstanding

Post by bobbahbrown » #500084

This ban occurred on round R111157 around 2019-06-21 ~17:00 UTC (src, statbus, scrubby)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: (NecromancerAnne)Tortoisen - Ban Appeal and Missunderstanding

Post by NecromancerAnne » #502111

Hi. I added this ban while playing at the time and when I tried to message you, you had already left. So I figured you ragequit out of frustration and I had actually been hoping another admin would be on to handle the situation but there wasn't. And given we were cracking down on this behavior, and you were told by people to not talk about the round in OOC multiple times and continued, I dropped a more lengthy ban to get you talking here.

The ban was largely to get you to slow down and examine what you did wrong. Ranting in OOC because of salt is a good way for us to not take pity on you for breaking the rules. In addition we were (and still are) in a period of high focus on IC in OOC. I would hope you read those rules thoroughly since they're important to prevent people gaining knowledge about the round out of character and spoiling the fun for literally everyone in the round.

The ban is entirely justified and well and truly elapsed. So it can stick. A headmin can rule otherwise. If what you said is true I would hope you have appropriately revisited the chat rules and understand what you did wrong, and avoid it in the future. I don't think I've seen anything similar from you since so I would like to this has worked out in the end.