[DaxYeen] Arathian Kebabopoulos - head permaban / 2d Normal Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

[DaxYeen] Arathian Kebabopoulos - head permaban / 2d Normal Ban

Post by Arathian » #500363

Byond account and character name: Arathian / Arathian Kebabopoulos

Banning admin: DaxYeen

Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban from heads (with note to appeal after 3m) and 2d server-wide ban.

Ban reason and length: Abused his position as RD to dehumanize HoP. Ended up killing HoP. Has previous incident of abuse as RD. (not exact wording but the gist of it. I can't copy paste the thing).

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 10:16:51 server time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry

Your side of the story:

I am fully appealing both bans. I know a lot ahelped, but they lacked the context.

I initially went to bridge to ask for AA. I saw hop in his office with the door open. I entered, hop immediately exited. I called hop back into his office, he came back after ~15s and was surprised to see me in it (I guess he did not see me enter initially?)

I asked hop for AA. he checked my card, then refused. Said I should ask the captain. Captain walks in, I start typing, HoP batoned me. I tp'd away (reactive tp armour) into the bridge. I immediately walked outside the door and asked him what the fuck that was about. He stunned me again and started dragging me while insulting me. I flashed him and told him what the fuck are you doing. Then he got up, batoned me again etc etc This whole bs lasted about 2m.

I left, told him to go fuck himself. He then continued to insult me for some considerable time.

I decided to kill him based on that. It was not because he denied me AA. I would have just asked the captain, and if captain also said no, whatever. I have been denied AA plenty of times without escalating in the past. He attacked me MULTIPLE times and IC insulted me MULTIPLE times.

My plan was to kill him, strip him, clone him and "demote" him. It was never meant to be a permanent death. In that, I subverted the AI specifically to kill the HoP. I harmed no other player in any way, even if they got in the way.

Besides that, I have never abused my position as RD (or any other head) before. That part of the note is untrue as far as I cal tell. I do not believe a permaban from being a head is warranted.

Finally, HoP did not die. I fully intended to kill him, but he did not end up dying. At least not directly from me.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I believe I escalated the situation, but at some point, using harmful methods is justified from IC shittalk. if that wasn't the case, then 2 non-antags would never be allowed to harm each other since neither is technically allowed to hit the other first. When the actual confrontation happened, I was hilarious underpowered compared to the HoP with access to a laser gun. Just because I didn't attempt to harmbaton him on the spot doesn't mean the situation was "solved".

If he didn't baton me, then shittalk me continuously, for minutes after, I would have let it go. he then continued to antagonize me after that.

The whole thing was solved IC. he killed me in the end and I killed him (I guess?) back. That should have been that.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [DaxYeen] Arathian Kebabopoulos - head permaban / 2d Normal Ban

Post by Dax Dupont » #500365

The abuse of the RD position was indeed a misread on my part, I''ll lower it to a month headban because it's still pretty severe head role abuse in my opinion.

It's still really bad escalation over a a few stuns and being insulted.
Arathian

Post by Arathian » #500367

Dax Dupont wrote: It's still really bad escalation over a a few stuns and being insulted.
i wasn't called a ass once and thrown off. It's not my first round of ss13. I have been insulted/stunned etc again. It was continued hostility and a prolonged slapfight. I also very surgically aimed at killing the hop while adding a way to re-humanize him afterwards once I was done 'demoting' him.

obviously things didn't go according to plan, but I never intended to permanently take him out of the round.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #500369

The events that caused this ban occurred in round 111337 on 2019-06-23 (src, statbus, scrubby)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #500372

bobbahbrown wrote:The events that caused this ban occurred in round 111337 on 2019-06-23 (src, statbus, scrubby)
I didnt notice it originally but
09:00:17 ATTACK Arathian/(Arathian Kebabopoulos) has attacked [�Head of Personnel's Office vent pump #1] with the telescopic baton (97, 133, 2) Head of Personnel's Office
09:00:19 ATTACK Arathian/(Arathian Kebabopoulos) has attacked [�Head of Personnel's Office vent pump #1] with the telescopic baton (97, 133, 2) Head of Personnel's Office
09:00:20 ATTACK Arathian/(Arathian Kebabopoulos) has attacked [�Head of Personnel's Office vent pump #1] with the telescopic baton (95, 133, 2) Head of Personnel's Office
09:00:20 ATTACK JarekTheRaptor/(Loves-The-Lizards) has attacked *no key*/(legion) with survival knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60) (145, 27, 5) Lavaland Wastes
09:00:21 ATTACK Silanus/(Dmitri Vladislav) has stunned Arathian/(Arathian Kebabopoulos) with the telescopic baton (NEWHP: 100)

you started trying to hit the HoP first.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arathian

Post by Arathian » #500378

<DELETED>
Last edited by Arathian on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #500382

It's the first things with either one of your ckeys that has any relevance? can you show me what happened earlier?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #500403

Reactive armor hits don't seem to get logged, I'm retracting my earlier post, though it had nothing to do with the original ban reason.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #500616

Reactive armor hits get logged as if the attack had hit the person wearing it. The teleport and the fact that no damage was done by the attack sadly doesn't get logged.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #500622

Denton wrote:Reactive armor hits get logged as if the attack had hit the person wearing it. The teleport and the fact that no damage was done by the attack sadly doesn't get logged.
I'll fix that sometime next month