Appeals which have been closed.
Fronsis
Byond Username: Fronsis

[NecromancerAnne] Morgan Strange - Permaban

Post by Fronsis » #500773

Byond account and character name: Fronsis / Morgan Strange

Banning admin: NecromancerAnne

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban

Ban reason and length:''Was metacomming with Prophed to bomb their own department as the department head (Prophed the chemist). Admitted this was also a metagrudge from a previous round because he didn't like the players the chemist bombs killed. This gross behaviour is completely unnaceptable. (BanID #40546) ( Round ID 111043 )
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-20 05:43:50 (My timezone is GMT-3 My forum account states a different one in my profile since i couldn't find/remember mine and just used a one that's relatively near (Venezuela)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Bagil

Your side of the story: After having losing streaks on another videogame i decided to join for a classic round of SS13, as the ban reason states, from the shift before, a couple of Mothman got formed (One guy started cloning empty shells of himself and created around five or six of him that started to hanging around across Medbay) and they started to gather around Medbay performing surgeries on themselves and just in general occupying cryo/stasis beds, i tried to talk with them or reach team but got ignored everysingle time, at one point i decided to use the door control to trap them there, but eventually realized it was all pointless since sec was not responding and they decided they were gonna operate the guy that was missing a limb at the moment (which i tried to but the bed and all spaces were occupied by Moths/another doctor), can't recall anymore of that shift but eventually the round ended. A new one started in which the first thing i saw the original Mothman do was to go clone himself probably to start to do the same, accompanied by another moth and a human, all doctors from the department. I just went into clonebay and decided to grab the empty shell and put in inside one of the cloning machines that the genetist use (They were no genetist in that shift if i recall correctly) And i should've quitted it there but unfortunately later on the round they were constantly occupying surgery/cryo/stasis and claiming they were doing experiments and of course again not obeying orders, i would say that the straw that broke the camel was when a really injured guy came, which of course they could tel since he was bleeding and was probably at less than 20% of his health, to test the Mothguys and see if it will be worth it to call security and get them out of medbay, eventually i patched myself the guy and decided to call my friend to make me a granade which i throw in the middle of them severly injuring the moth and the human since they were still ''experimenting'' with an empty cloned body, grabbed the human doctor and killed her and after a couple of minutes which i can't recall correctly what specifically extra behaviour led to the second granade to be made, it was thrown at the middle of Cryo where one of the mothman was getting healed after the first one and that's where it blew up leaving a hole that took way too long to get fixed, eventually got contacted by Anne and started chatting, admitted about the metacomming and unfortunely i treated Anne with disregard, trying to act like an smartass by saying that the others where also metacomming and they also should be looked upon to or searched (Which, i do not know if that ended up happening or if it was 100% accurate, at this point it's no more relevant.) and decided to quit the conversation early on by even saying that i wouldn't even attempt to appeal this and saying some nonsense things.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, i was considering to appeal months away from this, since if i'm being honest what happened was unnaceptable and as Anne marked also gross, considering i was Head of the department. And if this were in the hands of a centcom official i would be REALLY lucky if i were just sent into the gulag for life instead of getting shot in site, proceeding to the erase of all files in the network that has my name on it and throwing my naked body into the space to never be seen again. Clearly what i did was in effect based of an already bad mood caused by other game that got carried into the two shift i participated in that day in the station, and if we consider the timezone and being sleepless it was all a formula to me ended up getting angry and asking my friend chemist for the bomb instead of rationalize everything and act in character, and of course thinking that the freedom in regards of RP that TG offers it's an excuse for behaving like there are no rules at all which, they are and i didn't rationalize in the moment, i'm mostly appealing today, instead of months aways particullary for two reasons:
The main one, is that this is the second time and admin talked through the PM system ( First one was when i was learning and i was reminded that i shouldn't talk about the current round in OOC) and the second time being this.
And the second one is that i in fact, i'm not a veteran player but neither a new one, i have a couple of months into the server in which most of them were as Morgan Strange and being a CMO so i'm sure most frequent AI players/Heads/Medical staff can vouch for my conduct and roleplay i choose to state this because if i were to do this appeal, let's say in 8 months, probably no one would remember the name and will only be based on logs, i've always tried to keep myself as constantly learning from the game (since i'm still not a professional or veteran at all) and seeing all the situations that can happen in Medbay is a rather enjoyable experience which is why, i've mostly played the same role with the same name at the same hour in different occassions.
After stating this two reasons the only things that i can add is that n these five days i've been playing other servers with more medium roleplay and high roleplay since i've seen that's been suggested in other permabans appeals by admins to get a better experience and a better understanding on how everything works compared with /TG/ and how to personally improve one's gameplay but obviously i can't prove a vouch and it's actually impossible to get the full experience and correct understanding in such a short period of time as five days, he only ones that would be able to vouch for me would be the more recurrents AI/Heads/Medical staff that i've had the opportunity to share experiences with.

Of course i completely understand that this isn't a case of ''Okay, it's your first big offense we''ll leave you with just a slap on the wrist and have fun!'' i've comprehend that the consequences that metacomming brings are not worth it along side of attrocious and ruins the actual experience of SS13 for me, my friend/s and the other players and if it should be used it would be for teaching with noticing an admin first, instead of just getting carried away with it and forgeting about the existance of the rules. And no need to mention about making a big hole in the department i'm supposed to look after and killing the staff that's under my charge, that's up to no debate and the point has been made clear without a doubt, i just wanted to express these thoughts that've been in my head since the ban took place and that in fact the only thing that could back me up would be the vouch of the previously mentioned persons that would end up being like ''Normal/Good CMO'' , Overall i will continue playing in the course of these upcoming months on other servers with medium-high roleplay to have a fully experience in the potential that SS13 can offer if played properly (Specially me being a person that's interested in this new genre) and with my friends. Whatever ban lenght(IF reduced) the Anne/ the Head Admins will decide for me and my friend (I'm not sure if i can vouch for him or if he will need to make another thread but he's been with me on the other servers experiencing the different difficulties that they offer) it will be accepted and I'm gonna carry that weight.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Morgan Strange - Permaban

Post by NecromancerAnne » #500792

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Metacomming to gain any measure of an advantage is against the rules, and that's what you did. Griefing your department and putting holes into the station in order to do so is against the rules. Metagrudging players is also against the rules. Conspiring with another player out of the game to do this is the icing on the cake of a laundry lists of things you did wrong. I wasn't even going to look at an appeal by you or Prophed until I see some recommendations from another server for good behaviour at least within the the span of 6 months, but you've dropped it now so unfortunately due to policy you can't appeal again for at least a year.

Headmins can rule otherwise, but come back within a year with at least one other server's vouchers, usually headmins, saying you can behave and not do this again.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Morgan Strange - Permaban

Post by Hulkamania » #501380

If NecromancerAnne doesn't wish to lift it due to the things you've said here i'm not inclined to do so either.

Metacommunication is something we take very seriously and it's something that can severely impact the game itself, giving a player an unfair advantage over another.

As has been said, appeal this when you return and preferably come back with a history of good behavior on another server.