[Wubli] Gismo Autismo - I did what I had to, and no one listened to my side of the story

Appeals which have been closed.
attila1017

[Wubli] Gismo Autismo - I did what I had to, and no one listened to my side of the story

Post by attila1017 » #500935

Byond account and character name: Byond: Gismo Autismo
Banning admin:Wubli
Ban type (What are you banned from?): "rule break"
Ban reason and length: One human, purge non-humans,quarantine,
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-26 02:05:45
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Event hall
Your side of the story:After the sec department was too incompetent to get to the bridge when I called them, (because someone broke in,) I anounced the demotion of the whole department. After no one came to the HoP desk, I told them I call in a deathsquad if no one shows up. (Later, I gave back the acces to the only guard that showed up.) After a while, the HoS joined the game and after I told him I want to demote his department, he revolted. While he was banging on my door with the warden and two other guards, I ran to the AI upload, because he has no acces to that and it was close. I put in the only human law, so the AI won't open the door for him. The HoS anounced that he is the new Cap, and seemingly everyone supported him. My idea was that I purge the station then call in a ERT to clean up. I gave the cance to the hos to stop the revolt and he refused, I also told him the consequences if he won't stop but he kept going, and I put in the purge order in the AI and the cyborgs, but later I died because the AI chamber was breached and the heat from the plasma fire got in. The quarantine was because somewhen mid round the CMO said that there is a deadly virus and there is no vaccine yet.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I did what I had to. The HoS pulled the self antag and I reacted correctly to a station wide revolt. And a few pepole actualy liked the aftermath. I don't know if the AI and the borgs got banned, but if it was someone's fault, then it's mine.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Wubli] Gismo Autismo - I did what I had to, and no one listened to my side of the story

Post by bobbahbrown » #501002

The events that this ban is based on occurred in round 111560 on Event Hall (src, statbus, scrubby), and the ban itself was placed in the following round, round 111568. (src, statbus, scrubby)

The player was playing as Jacob Fahrenheit, the captain.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: [Wubli] Gismo Autismo - I did what I had to, and no one listened to my side of the story

Post by wubli » #501007

I did what I had to.
Nope!
After the sec department was too incompetent to get to the bridge when I called them, (because someone broke in,) I anounced the demotion of the whole department.
Nope!
the HoS joined the game and after I told him I want to demote his department, he revolted.
Understandably!
I put in the only human law, so the AI won't open the door for him. The HoS anounced that he is the new Cap, and seemingly everyone supported him.
Understandably, again!
My idea was that I purge the station then call in a ERT to clean up. I gave the cance to the hos to stop the revolt and he refused, I also told him the consequences if he won't stop but he kept going, and I put in the purge order in the AI and the cyborgs.
You don't get to decide that, bud. They had more than a good reason to stop you and you thought killing the entire station over some feud with the security department was okay.
The quarantine was because somewhen mid round the CMO said that there is a deadly virus and there is no vaccine yet.
There is no need to do this, actually, but I am willing to forgive it.
I did what I had to. The HoS pulled the self antag and I reacted correctly to a station wide revolt.
Self antag? He immediately joined and you told him you'd demote his whole department because no one paid attention to you once. And then you thought it'd be okay to kill everyone just because you weren't happy with the security team, because they didn't show up once when you called them. I don't know what roleplay idea you had but making yourself the only human and purging the entire station as a non-antag is not okay, and I'm honestly amazed you thought it was. I should mention - this isn't just a server ban, this included a permanent ban from head roles, since you don't seem to know how to handle power well. I have no reasons to lift this ban and I hope you can think back on the way you acted and realize it wasn't proper.
I am denying this appeal. Headmins can overturn this if they'd like.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #501383

You tried to purge the entire station because of a prolonged incident about the security department, based around a guy who had just spawned into station reacting to things that happened before they did.

This is denied, the fact that you haven't recognized why the behavior was improper in the first place gives me no faith that you'd be any better in the future.