[Coconutwarrior97]Man_Shroom - Lizard Deportation Station Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

[Coconutwarrior97]Man_Shroom - Lizard Deportation Station Ban

Post by Man_Shroom » #501185

Byond account and character name: Man_Shroom playing as Larry Spankenhiemer
Banning admin: Coconutwarrior97
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Dayban from the server AND a weekban from head of staff roles
Ban reason and length: Reason: As the captain ordered all lizards be deported to lavaland, I saw several lizards be forced onto lavaland, heavily interfering with their round. Organized grief as a head of staff is not allowed.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-27 21:10:16 My timezone is EDT
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I was on Bagil
Your side of the story:
I ready up at the beginning of the round, hoping to play another round of my favorite action adventure MMORPG with rogue-lite elements. As the game starts, I notice that I am the captain of this round. Quickly I begin to sweat nervously, wondering what my gimmick will be for this round. At this point a lizard roboticist PDA's me asking to be promoted to Research Director. I PDA him back telling him that Nanotrasen official policy is to prohibit lizards filling heads of staff roles. Suddenly an idea pops into my mind, I will uphold corporate policy and prevent lizards not only from head of staff positionsm but from ALL positions aboard my station. I declare through a Captain's Announcement that lizard's must be deported back to lavaland to spend their lives living amongst the mining staff and their ashwalker brethren.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I uploaded a law to the AI stating that lizardmen are to be NONHARMFULLY detained and sent to lavaland WITH their items. I make it clear to the local security force that they are not permitted to harm or otherwise injure any illegal lizard immigrants and that they will be punished if they do. Finally, I establish an elite anti-lizard task force to locate and detain any lizards hiding out in the station, and similarly told them not to harm or otherwise inconvenience the deportees. I also periodically checked in on the gulag and mining base to make sure the new arrivals were settling in to their new home
I know that events like this can be somewhat disruptive to the way that most rounds on the station play out, but I genuinely believed it was an interesting gimmick that could have created some new opportunities for players. The lizards could have worked with the ashwalkers to create their own utopia, or to break back onto the station and start a civil war. The crew could have decided to rise up against me due to me being a cruel tyrant, or they could have banded together to create a haven for humans, mothmen, and plasmamen. I think the round could have played out in a lot of interesting and fun ways, and that admin intervention wasn't necessary.

unban me bruh
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Coconutwarrior97]Man_Shroom - Lizard Deportation Station Ban

Post by bobbahbrown » #501189

This ban occurred on round 111734 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #501203

There is a past headmin ruling on this outlined here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 00#p348261 . Which states, ""Do not mass organize grief when you are in control of the security force".
Considering you used your position as captain to organize the security force into a gestapo, to deport lizards, this falls under that ruling.

Additionally when I was looking through the say logs at the time I determined many of the players you deported were quite unhappy with the situation, or resisted:
Spoiler:
9[20:48:43] BrianBackslide/(Boops-The-Snoot) (Brig (112, 167, 2))
"Because the cap is a shit"
8[20:47:26] BrianBackslide/(Boops-The-Snoot) (Bar (130, 130, 2))
"Fuck those primatives. I'm not going"
-----
[2019-06-27 21:04:03.905] SAY: AltiarSaint/(Kai-Ru) "HELP!" (Brig (99, 166, 2))
[2019-06-27 21:04:18.790] SAY: AltiarSaint/(Kai-Ru) "I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING" (Brig (96, 168, 2))
[2019-06-27 21:06:52.480] SAY: AltiarSaint/(Kai-Ru) "Let me go" (Labor Camp Security (23, 36, 5))
Deporting a bunch of people because they are lizards is being a dick. It is also a form of round removal, since you are forcing them off the station away from the jobs they actually wanted to play that round.

On those grounds I am denying this appeal.

Logs retrieved from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 111734.zip
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #501377

It seems that your entire reasoning for this is "it was my gimmick and it was a fun roleplay opportunity." We don't allow you to write off doing things as "my character is just crazy" when they still break the rules. You in a position of high authority severely impacted these players rounds, and if they had formed a lynch mob to kill you I wouldn't have been surprised for a second.

This ban should serve as a good reminder that you shouldn't be having fun at the expense of other people, a violation of rule 1 (unless you're an antagonist of course).