[Nervere] Vexylius - big permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Vexylius
Byond Username: Vexylius

[Nervere] Vexylius - big permaban

Post by Vexylius » #501583

Byond account and character name: Vexylius (Jeffrey Fox)
Banning admin: Nervere

Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Ban reason and length: "Griefed lowpop Terry on round 111948. Killed clown for all access. Then, hit the all access, killed self, and respawned as a golem, coming back to retrieve the access. Spent the rest of the round chain-recalling the shuttle, stealing from the station, and griefing the server."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-30 17:03:11 (UTC+2 I guess, I wasn’t online when banned because it was well after the round end.)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry

Your side of the story:
I came late as a curator when the round started and saw a clown taking the captains locker out of his office. AI helped the clown by opening doors, but the clown didn’t know how to open the locker, and when hinted to use the axe, didn’t know where that axe was on the bridge. I, as a curator offered help and got the locker opened, but seeing that the clown wasn’t really fit for the job of the captain, and we had a head (CMO) on board who should take this ID following the chain of command, I took the ID to give it to CMO. Then an assistant came and with clown they started shoving me on the ground for 2 minutes. I wasn’t able to do anything because we were locked in bridge and asked them to stop. After those 2 minutes the clown started to hit me, and the assistant was still shoving me. They left me in crit bleeding out, took my bag and searched it. Then the CMO came in a last second and saved my life but I bleed out too much and was in coma for a long time. The clown and the assistant took everything that I had and left me to die, so if the CMO wouldn’t come I’d die. As there’s that rule of escalation I found the clown and fought him again, this time with even chances, barehanded, and I won. I did not kill the clown, but he was on the ground and did not get up so I stripped him naked, left his stuff on the floor (took only the spare ID) and dragged him to medbay. When I was outside medbay, in front of its doors the CMO wasn’t there, but a medbot came and healed the clown that he even got up, so I’ve put the spare in my internals box and thrown it on med desk so the CMO may pick it up (he was propably only one from med staff). Then I quickly bucked the clown to the roller bed and went to science for cables to tie the clown to the bed so he won’t go after me to kill me and CMO may heal him up completely, but then some miner came and started shoving me, so I ran away. I was chased by several people and they started hitting me with various objects (one with oxygen tank, one with an axe even, so I ran away to arrivals, because as a curator you get a free spacesuit, but when I went into space I realised that it was stolen by them, so I had a choice to go to the station and get killed on the station, and being in space and dying from space. Before I made up my mind I was dead, so that’s how my life as a curator ended on the station.

I’ve chosen to live then as a free golem in lavaland. On a ship I met another golem, and I started to mine a bit, and my golem companion asked me to do a surgery on him. I noticed then the lack of medical supplies that we had so I decided to head out to the station and get some. When in medbay grabbing those meds outside I noticed that the box with the spare was there, untouched. As a golem that deeply cared about other golems, I took the box and those meds to the lavaland. (I mean as a golem I’d need more that shiny card that opens all doors than those dumb humans, right?) Then I spent some time making trips to the station to get the machine boards for example (they can print them themselves) or more meds (they had a working chemlab that made meds, and their CMO/chemist was pretty competent). But I spent some time on lavaland building. When the shuttle was called, we golems needed a little more time to complete the "Liberator legacy", so I recalled three times, but when we were done I stopped and when on the shuttle I even brought a teleporter beacon and blocked the command part on the shuttle to make sure everyone will get on there and the shuttle isn’t launched early because there was no immediate danger on the station (it was a green shift). Me and the other golem though did not fly with the crew of the station, because we returned to lavaland and protected the "Liberators legacy". After the round end I saw that the clown was extremally salty and told everyone to ahelp Jeffrey Fox (me) because I was supposedly the source of everything bad that happened to this station.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
In my opinion the permaban for a reasonable revenge (that DID NOT result in that clowns death, and he was all fine when I left him) is a little bit too much. I acted in-character and someone who did almost killed me and received pretty much the same thing in return (BUT I healed him) should not complain, as the rule of escalation goes.
I do not agree with the griefing part too. I as a golem just took the items that would help my people, and taking those items didn’t harm the station, as they probably would never be used otherwise. The crew might have also blamed me for the Revenant activity that was actually the only threat to this station. In the golem life I have made limited interaction with the crew and I was minding my own business. The reason I got the spare as a golem was that it was literally free for the taking in medbay, but no one looked inside that box (that never is in the place where I left it. I was genuinely surprised that nobody found it before me, they had a lot of time).
As a curator I tried to make the chain of command work, and as a golem I did my golem thing. The clown was not killed but was salty because I’ve beaten him in a fistfight. Other people who weren’t even involved was told by that clown to get me reported by the ahelp (which is really not cool).

Sorry for a long post but I believe that a ban for a whole eternity is a little bit too much.
ariever
Byond Username: Ariever

Re: [Nervere] Vexylius - big permaban

Post by ariever » #501710

I got an ok from Daddy(nervere) to post this
I was the one that reported this to the admins, I'll come right out and say that now. When I hit that fat ol' observe button, the first thing I heard was 'Stop giving me morphine idiot' and I decided to follow you. The first thing I saw once you left medbay was that you beat up a clown that had gotten the captain's spare, clown, rapier and everything. You stripped the ID and hid it somewhere (i only assume this, I'll admit.) before going into space and dying. You somehow got back on station, got the spare again, gave all access to your golem ID and went back down. After giving the spare to your golem, who knew almost nothing of what you were doing, you went back up and grabbed a handtele. That's where the first phase of your grief fest began.
I’ve chosen to live then as a free golem in lavaland. On a ship I met another golem, and I started to mine a bit, and my golem companion asked me to do a surgery on him.
This is the only true part of your story, I'm afraid.

After getting the teleporter set up, you went to auxiliary tool storage and emptied it out. Took the glass, metal, rods, tools. The only thing you didn't touch were the airlock boards. Then, you went to the secure tech storage and took all the boards in there. Then, you went to medbay, printed a bluespace bodybag and took all the brute and burn medkits along with a bunch of other shit you didn't need. You took (the Captains, HoS' and CE's), the security officers lockers, the minshield implants, boxes of flashbangs, three sets of experimental tools, the chef's meat locker (for some reason), and several hardsuits (i mean, golems can't even wear hardsuits, come on man). The only times you were on lavaland was to build what looked like a viewing platform for a lava river, and to sort out your 15 or so crates and lockers.

Proof of the looting:
ImageImageImageImageImage

You recalled the shuttle three times, even though like 4-6 people had died, two people had appendicitis and couldn't get it fixed, and a revenant was going around killing people and fucking shit up (it died twice but they didn't know how to keep it from coming back).
Then when you couldn't recall it a fourth time, you decided to unwrench the atmos pipes in departures and emergency launch it at your golem friend's dismay.
Oh yeah, and this happened.
Image (dead chat is censored because it isnt relevant)

You were already on the shuttle while it was in transit, then teleported yourself back to lavaland before it docked at centcom.
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "How is the station, sister?"
Adamantine Brimstone (jeffrey) resonates, "looks dangerous"
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Are you... teleporting items from the station at random...?"
(F) Adamantine Brimstone resonates, "If you come out of the ship troguh eastern doors you'll find place where I teleport all goods from the station"
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Yes, that is why I asked."
The golem you were working with asked you why you were doing these things, and each time you did you kept silent or gave him a half answer.
[Common] Gratian Dugmore says, "Uh. The golems are stealing shit, like the HoS' hardsuit and shit"
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Don't you think we might be taking a bit much?"
After asking for nuke codes:
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Sister, what are you doing?!"
Adamantine Brimstone resonates, "I can't recall"
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "So you are going to try to kill them?"
In departures, the shuttle was on it's way
(F) Adamantine Cheridite exclaims, "Sister...!"
Adamantine Brimstone unfastens the air supply pipe.
(F) Adamantine Cheridite asks, "Why are you disrupting their station?"
(F) Adamantine Brimstone says, "I am getting desperate"
Adamantine Brimstone puts the hand drill into the toolbelt.
Adamantine Brimstone puts the jaws of life into the toolbelt.Adamantine Cheridite asks, "But why?"
(F) Adamantine Cheridite asks, "What is there to gain?"
Adamantine Cheridite says, "We have already established the liberator's legacy."
Adamantine Cheridite says, "..."
Adamantine Cheridite says, "Just-" Adamantine Cheridite says, "Don't get killed"
(F) Adamantine Cheridite says, "Please."
On the shuttle, you two were the only ones in the cockpit:
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Sister..."
Adamantine Cheridite buckles herself to the chair.
(F) Adamantine Brimstone resonates, "Clown is bad"
Adamantine Cheridite resonates, "Forgive me if I sound rude, but... are you sure we are not the bad guys?"Adamantine Brimstone resonates, "That depends on your point of view"
(F) Adamantine Brimstone resonates, "but clown is alwayts bad"(sic)
That next round, the original golem had this to say:
OOC: Fludd12: So I was the loner golem who didn't actually do anything
OOC: Fludd12: What... happened?
OOC: Fludd12: Why was the other golem sending the shuttle back always
OOC: Fludd12: I was just deeply confused the whole time
OOC: Fludd12 And spent the entire round doing actual golem things
Sorry for the long-ass post. Keep in mind that no admins were on when all this happened and I did my best to record what I saw. This happened when no admins are on and I feel like these things should've been said. thanks for your time, im going to go flat iron my hair now
Logs for this round:
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/111948/
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #501713

In addendum to the above, for sake of transparency and following forum policy, the original logs are available here.
Vexylius
Byond Username: Vexylius

Post by Vexylius » #501730

If I may, I'd like to post a reply to the one, of the person that reported me. It's good that we have people in this community that watch others hands when there are no admins present, but I there are some things I'd like to clarify.
ariever wrote:first thing I heard was 'Stop giving me morphine idiot' and I decided to follow you.
At that point I kept passing out so I though that the CMO had given me a bunch of morphine, but I just bled out so much.
ariever wrote:he first thing I saw once you left medbay was that you beat up a clown that had gotten the captain's spare, clown, rapier and everything.
Of all the items that he had I only took the spare that I, as I said previously, put in my internals box and thrown on the medbay table, as in the logs
[2019-06-30 03:56:07.484] ATTACK: Vexylius/(Jeffrey Fox) has thrown the box (Medbay Central (100, 110, 2))
ariever wrote:before going into space and dying.
You missed the part when I was chased by the crew that tried to kill me. I died because of that.
ariever wrote:You somehow got back on station, got the spare again
I used the miner shuttle if you want to know, and I've written that I got the spare from the box that was lying in medkits
ariever wrote:After getting the teleporter set up, you went to auxiliary tool storage and emptied it out. Took the glass, metal, rods, tools.
Yeah those things are quite useful if you are building a place to live in lavaland.
ariever wrote:You took (the Captains, HoS' and CE's), the security officers lockers, the minshield implants, boxes of flashbangs
The station didn't had any sec, and there wasn't much new players coming. I wanted to prevent an armed counter attack against golems, because some miner knew golem base location, and we had a teleporter there, so from my expirence it was quite possible.
ariever wrote:three sets of experimental tools
Yeah, they are quite useful, and I wanted to give them to other golem and in case we had any new ones I took one more.
ariever wrote:the chef's meat locker (for some reason)
I'm sorry, I was starving at the time, wanted to make myself some food at the base. The cook wasn't there too, but everyone did good on donk pocket diet.
ariever wrote:several hardsuits (i mean, golems can't even wear hardsuits, come on man).
Only HoS's one for the jetpack, but forgot about that, yeah, sorry... But still there's a difference between one and several.
ariever wrote:The only times you were on lavaland was to build what looked like a viewing platform for a lava river
I wanted to make a whole base there, but I hadn't enough time, as the shuttle was called.
ariever wrote:even though like 4-6 people had died, two people had appendicitis and couldn't get it fixed
I didn't know anything about those deaths, and appendicitis. They had a CMO though, he could clone those people, and do surgeries...
ariever wrote:Oh yeah, and this happened.
Yeah, I couldn't recall it so I tried setting green alert, but it didn't work, so I pressed random buttons on the console and it didn't work too. I was a golem after all.
ariever wrote:you decided to unwrench the atmos pipes in departures
Honesly I didn't know what I was thinking at the time.
ariever wrote:emergency launch it at your golem friend's dismay.
I did not emergency launch, and I had a teleporter beacon on the shuttle.

I took all that stuff because I was planning on making a huge base on lavaland, and those sec lockers to prevent the station crew from coming here and stunbatoning us. That itself haven't made that much harm to the station. I havent even started properly that project when they started calling the shuttle. I might have been a bit too greedy with the amount of supplies that I've taken, but building projects like that take a lot of resources.

Still I think that stealing a bunch of lockers haven't made the expirience for the players on the station that much worse, and definitely not that much to prevent me from playing ever again.
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #501780

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #501804

Such as roles spawned from ruins, including ash walkers, free golems, ancient station crew, etc. Escalation is massively relaxed with them. They must follow their roleplay guidelines found in the flavour text.
Nothing there states lavaland golems are antagonistic in nature and throughout the countless policy threads we have about them they have always been clearly neutral to the station. The ruling you are quoting is more about how valid it is to kill ghost roles to which the answer is that their escalation has a lower bar of entry. Golems that fuck with the station can just be outright killed, conversely any crew that fucks with a lavaland golem can in turn be killed by the golems. This doesn't mean golems start of antagonistic. Golems that grief for no reason will get role banned.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #503512

Your actions on the station were bad enough, but if you fail to see how metagaming the all-access and then using it to greytide the station as a golem is bad, I really don't think this ban should be lifted.
I'm going to deny this, big thanks to ariever for being patient enough to directly report the details of what happened here.