Darkgenerallord Seanthehobo - Bans of Brothers

Post by hiynastrike » #502594

Seanthehobo or Guy Fieri
Darkgenerallord
Banned from playing
Banned for 24 hours for accidental combat
10:00PM or so
Bagil

So I'm not Seanthehobo, I'm his friend Hiynastrike/James Lizardman. So Sean is very new to the game and I play with him. After the round my discord gets blown up. About a situation where he's banned. He got into a situation where he was attacked by a golem wielding a toy sword that did little damage to him. Sean not knowing that the sword was a toy plus the bloodsoaked and guts strewn atmosphere led him to take a stand. Fumbling with a .357 revolver retaliates and fires on the golem. The Golem files a ticket that he did 0 damage and that Sean attacked first. Sean talks to the admin and the only response he gets is basically "You should know how to play detective and you're at fault" with further inquires met with threats that he shouldn't try to ticket the golem player back.

My Friend is not a greifer or a random murderer and this attack was self defense and seeing him just outright banned for what happens in this game every day is downright unjust. Please consider unbanning him
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Re: Darkgenerallord Seanthehobo - Bans of Brothers

Post by Darkgenerallord » #502646

While Sean should be making this appeal himself, I don't really care. However, this appeal is leaving out a couple of important details.

First, this is not a server ban. It's a role ban for Security with a duration of one day. The ban reason is: In summary, shot a golem to 14 health because they were dragging an oxygen locker away, and they had prior hit them with a carp toy. There were twelve seconds between the carp toy hit and the shooting, and you would have critted them if you had not missed. You're definitely not ready for security roles and the authority associated with them, please take a day off. In the future, I recommend playing security officer instead of detective until you are more experienced with the game, as it is a more advanced role. Please avoid nearly killing people as a role of authority for little real reason.

I'll get the logs later, so this'll be off of memory.

The golem ahelps after being shot by Sean to near death, 14.6 health. When I asked Sean why, he said it was because of two things. First, he had hit him with a carp, and second that he had been stealing. When I asked what he stole, Sean said that the golem had been stealing an oxygen locker. When I said this was a public access locker and thus he couldn't steal it, Sean said that he had also taken an oxygen mask from him. I couldn't find any logs of the golem shoving or stripping Sean of this mask, and he dropped this argument shortly after. He goes on a tangent shortly after where he tries to get me to deal with some other situation first and then accuses me of personal bias. I return to the main point at hand shortly after, the shooting after being hit by a toy carp.

The toy carp does 0 damage, and the golem hit him once. Between this hit and the shooting, there was a gap of twelve seconds. I would have been more lenient if it was a legitimate split-second decision, but I think twelve seconds is enough of a gap to realistically notice that it was a toy before unloading a full clip into somebody. If you can't, then you should probably play a role without easy access to lethal weapons and authority. As such, I banned Sean from Security roles for a day, and a recommendation to play Security Officer as a simpler but similar role to gain more experience.

Sean frankly felt like he was making excuses with the stealing thing, and was antagonistic in PMs, so I'm against lifting this unless you can explain some of this in a more positive light. My recommendation of playing Security Officer for a while before Detective remains. It's a pretty short role ban, all considered.
Tism

Post by Tism » #502648

detective was one of the first people I was messing with by just biting them a few times with the carp plushie then myself to show them it isn't dangerous he then unloaded 5 shots into me reloaded and then kept following me until I lost him in a crowd. later that round he kept shooting at me even despite me not even biting him. I don't recall ever dragging or stealing any locker if he mistake me running into a locker as stealing then that's on him.
he shouldn't be playing security roles this early on if he can't even tell if his health is actually being effected by a toy fish that the welder is also using on himself.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #502699

The round that this jobban was based upon was round 112684 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)