Madman
Byond Username: MadmanTheold

[Ambassador Magikarp] Wesley draudy - staff of changing griefing

Post by Madman » #503290

Byond account: Madmantheold

Character name: Wesley Draudy

Banning admin: Ambassador Magikarp

Ban type: Permanent Ban

Ban reason and length: After being told I was going to give him a 2 day server ban for randomly staff of changing, he Proceeds to mass staff of change the crew. Very cool, Appeal this when you don't feel like griefing. (BanID#39156) 2019-05-06 16:48:06 Round ID 107780)

Time ban was placed : 2019-05-06 16:48:06 MST

Server you were playing when banned: bagil

Your side of the story: Playing as a engineer is not easy when you have to set up super matter am i right... Back to the story , i was working on the super matter setting everything up then, there where reports of wizards on the station, then out of thin are the wizard teleports, in engineer i called out that the wizard was in engineering, a Robot player & sec come in to engineering when the wizards fires off bolts destroying the super matter cooling filters and 95% of pipes when they came in the wizard teleports to the chiefs engineering office to get a way but get flash by the robot droping him and his bag sec took the wizard and left the bag i check the bag and found the staff of changing... I ask on the radio if any one wanted to be changed then some one ask to be changed into a Xenomorph. After that the super matter was fucked all most 90% of it was destroyed and the core was self-destructing. so i when a round the station till i stopped at the near the bar and changed a medic, i really don't know who i changed but the player on the escape shuttle in mid way there i do feel bad that i bricked the round for people having fun...

Why you think you should be unbanned:it has been 1 mouths, i do feel bad a bout it and to make a reference i feel like (Family Guy's Buzz Killington) for killing all the other player's fun time by changing them and all i am asking is, that i did a lot of wrong, but this sever has some good people a great community & staff. This is the only forms i joined to appeal my ban so this is my first for me so please be brutally honest.

(Also please note that my spelling & grammar Suck)
Attachments
pic of the ban
pic of the ban
Last edited by Madman on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Max jets] Madmantheold - staff of changing griefing

Post by bobbahbrown » #503302

This ban occurred in round 107780 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Madman

Post by Madman » #503306

bobbahbrown wrote:This ban occurred in round 107780 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

Is there a problem ?
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #503419

Madman wrote:
bobbahbrown wrote:This ban occurred in round 107780 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

Is there a problem ?
Nope, Bobbah's just being helpful and providing links to the logs for the round in question.
Madman

Re: [Ambassador Magikarp] Wesley darudy - staff of changing griefing

Post by Madman » #503421

capn_monkeypaw wrote:
Madman wrote:

Is there a problem ?
Nope, Bobbah's just being helpful and providing links to the logs for the round in question.

O then Thank you then.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: [Ambassador Magikarp] Wesley draudy - staff of changing griefing

Post by Karp » #503574

The main concern I have with this was that the original 2 day ban was lighter than the amount of people you randomly transformed. At the point i was told you you were going to be punished for the self admitted incidents you took it as a reason to start randomly staff of changing people because you were going to be banned anyways. At that point you had a note warning you not to kill/injure other people "for fun" with weapons as a nonantag, and doing it again kinda seemed like you didn't learn your lesson back then. We have rules around unjustified attacks against people with dangerous items that can permanently change, impair, or kill them without their consent to prevent a majority of the station from ruining the game experience. My real question here is "Do you understand why I upgraded your ban to a perma after you took it as incentive to blast as many people as you could with your Staff of Change bolts on the escape shuttle once you knew you were going to get banned anyways and do you understand why I initially wanted to tempban you to discourage randomly transforming people?"

the note/ban where you were warned previously on this:
"As a non-antagonist assistant, flamethrowered multiple people for the "fun of it", and then in response to people attempting to stop him. Told in very strong terms not to do this sort of thing again."
Madman

Post by Madman » #503610

Karp wrote:The main concern I have with this was that the original 2 day ban was lighter than the amount of people you randomly transformed. At the point i was told you you were going to be punished for the self admitted incidents you took it as a reason to start randomly staff of changing people because you were going to be banned anyways. At that point you had a note warning you not to kill/injure other people "for fun" with weapons as a nonantag, and doing it again kinda seemed like you didn't learn your lesson back then. We have rules around unjustified attacks against people with dangerous items that can permanently change, impair, or kill them without their consent to prevent a majority of the station from ruining the game experience. My real question here is "Do you understand why I upgraded your ban to a perma after you took it as incentive to blast as many people as you could with your Staff of Change bolts on the escape shuttle once you knew you were going to get banned anyways and do you understand why I initially wanted to tempban you to discourage randomly transforming people?"

the note/ban where you were warned previously on this:
"As a non-antagonist assistant, flamethrowered multiple people for the "fun of it", and then in response to people attempting to stop him. Told in very strong terms not to do this sort of thing again."
Yes i understand that the actions that i did warranted a higher Ban and being Perma-baned was the right move by your part, but i still feel that i still have a long way to go and being baned, You have time to think back on your actions, but yes i got a list or my "ban rapsheet" of all the wrong i did on the sever and to the player's, I did serve my time for them and others, and looked back at my childish actions, some more then other's... But i hope this plea well help my conscience. My Fate is in your hand's am i worthy of redemption?
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #503805

be free and enjoy the game, but please don't take a "You're going to be banned" as a blank check on your actions until you get banned from the game
Madman

Post by Madman » #503815

Karp wrote:be free and enjoy the game, but please don't take a "You're going to be banned" as a blank check on your actions until you get banned from the game

Noted. That my actions have consequences but have i not payed for my actions...