Appeals which have been closed.
Ribbz
Byond Username: Ribbz

[Eaglendia] Bert Macland - 5 day ban, boh'd the shuttle

Post by Ribbz » #506005

Byond account and character name: Ribbz / Bert Macland
Banning admin:Eaglendia
Ban type (What are you banned from?): All Servers
Ban reason and length: "Well, you did it. (Shuttle Bohbomb as a nonantagonist Assistant during Traitorchan.)"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-08-03 06:11:03 GMT (i'm assuming?)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Sybil
Your side of the story: In all honesty I just wanted to do it once. I've only got to see a bohbomb happen once before and it caused a crazy instability area that took those who stepped in the area to be transported to some crazy spot on a different Z level and wanted to see if the same thing would happen if it was unleashed on the shuttle. Aside from that, I just really wanted to do a bohbomb once.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wouldn't necessarily request an unban but possibly shortening the length or allowing me to play on Bagil in the mean time. I know my actions ruined the gameplay for the players that round and I'm sorry I got tunnel vision on performing a bohbomb and let the enjoyment of all the other players go to the wayside.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Eaglendia] Bert Macland - 5 day ban, boh'd the shuttle

Post by bobbahbrown » #506017

This ban occurred in round 114959 on Sybil, the player was playing as Bert Macland, the assistant. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Ribbz

Post by Ribbz » #506020

Thank you Mr. Bee man person
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #506029

Heyo.

As an aside, the effect of BoHbombing was recently changed, and if you wanted to know this with certainty you could do so by peeking at the open-source codebase. The current revision of the BoHbomb effect doesn't change anything, though, as this would be non-antag griefing via what's essentially a weapon of mass destruction in game terms regardless of whether it was the current rift, the white tear, or the old singularity. Doing for the sake of knowing is also not a legitimate excuse here, as it would be possible to detonate the bomb in a space ruin, lavaland, the bomb testing site, or other areas where the effects of the BoHbomb on mobs and turfs could be ascertained posthumously by the user without harming station personnel.

Your particular BoHbomb killed a number of people, prevented most of the crew from escaping, and destroyed what was in my opinion a unique and rather creative build-your-own-shuttle that the crew was still having fun with (despite the fact that the round was a handful of minutes away from ending). While I do appreciate your honesty, both here and in our admittedly-short ticket, in understanding why exactly this was in poor form (this in addition to your pretty harmless history and relatively new status are why I didn't month- or permaban you instead), shortening your ban duration doesn't really do much to convey the concept that this type of behavior is frowned-upon. As of now, this appeal is denied. Just take the five days; play rationally when you come back, and wait for an antagonist round next time you pull a move like this.

Aside, /tg/station bans are from all servers. Player culture may differ between them but game philosophy remains the same. Take care.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
Ribbz

Post by Ribbz » #506033

Hey Eaglendia,

Yeah the reasoning for why I BOH bombed the shuttle is not a fair explanation, like I originally said I had that childlike wonder hit me and then I ran with the idea without a second thought. (Still isn't a good excuse)

I understand the severity of this and do appreciate you only applying a 5 day ban instead of a month or perma. I'll take my five days off as instructed and come back level headed.

Thanks for responding back in a quick and reasonable fashion, take care as well.