Mike Stocker, OOC ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Talosmiles
Byond Username: Talosmiles

Mike Stocker, OOC ban

Post by Talosmiles » #506492

Byond account and character name: Talosmiles, Mike Stocker
Banning admin: Peoplearestrange
Ban type (What are you banned from?): OOC chat (And dead chat for some reason)
Ban reason and length: Banned from Roles: OOC permanently - IC in OOC "OOC: Talosmiles: This round was a shitfest" Continuing to ignore warnings
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-08-06 15:36:59 (Don't know timezone)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Ssethtide EU event server
Your side of the story: I said in OOC This round was a shitfest" and was told I was recieving an ooc ban. I asked why, and was told my ban would be increased to permanent for ignoring warnings, even though I never did anything else.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I know that I shouldn't really say anything about the round in OOC, no matter what it is.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Mike Stocker, OOC ban

Post by bobbahbrown » #506495

Please edit the title of your post to include the banning admin's name, conforming to the posted template.

This ban occurred in round 115273 on Event Hall. The banning time in the OP is in UTC. (src, statbus, scrubby)
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #506497

Relevant logs

Code: Select all

[2019-08-06 15:32:18.056] OOC: Talosmiles/ "This round was a shitfest" (Aft Primary Hallway (108, 81, 2))

[2019-08-06 15:34:01.395] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Peoplearestrange/->Talosmiles/: Don't talk about the round in OOC until its over (IC in OOC)
[2019-08-06 15:34:36.225] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Peoplearestrange/->Talosmiles/: Infact you've been warned twice before. Doubleing the ban
[2019-08-06 15:34:46.425] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Talosmiles/->Peoplearestrange/: Wait
[2019-08-06 15:35:26.122] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Talosmiles/->Peoplearestrange/: Hold on, I just said the round was a shitfest
[2019-08-06 15:35:50.995] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Talosmiles/->Peoplearestrange/: How does that qualify a ban?
[2019-08-06 15:35:52.454] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Peoplearestrange/->Talosmiles/: Still talking about the round. Ok infact I'll reduce the ban length and ban you from OOC instead
[2019-08-06 15:36:15.501] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Peoplearestrange/->Talosmiles/: IC in OOC is always a 15 min ban, generally doubles when you ignore it/repeat offend
[2019-08-06 15:36:41.557] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Talosmiles/->Peoplearestrange/: Look I just wanna see the end of the round, just give me that
[2019-08-06 15:36:52.782] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Talosmiles/->Peoplearestrange/: Then ban me
[2019-08-06 15:37:32.437] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Peoplearestrange/->Talosmiles/: You don't get to ask when your punishment kicks in, otherwise its not a punishment. You did something wrong, now you get your punishment
And relevent IC in OOC notes/bans:

Code: Select all

2019-05-01 17:38:43 | Events | Phuzzylodgik : Warned - Intentional IC in OOC.
2019-05-30 15:44:44 | Events | Gigapuddi420 : Banned from the server for 30 minutes - IC in OOC - OOC: Talosmiles: Cap is dead in space
2019-08-06 15:36:59 | Events | Peoplearestrange : Banned from Roles: OOC permanently - IC in OOC "OOC: Talosmiles: This round was a shitfest" Continuing to ignore warnings
Ok so not only were you a ghost so why couldn't you have used Dead chat like everyone else? I realise its not the biggest IC in OOC ever, but it still is IC in OOC. The issue here is that you've been repeatedly warned and banned for IC in OOC by different admins and you obviously don't care or seem to have any intention of stopping. IC in OOC has the potential to ruin rounds. Its a really simple thing to follow in not doing it. But you've shown that you can't over and over.
I'd be willing to reduce the ban to a couple of weeks if you can understand why its important to not talking about the round in OOC. If you do IC in OOC again after that though Im reapplying the perma.

As far as I can see you shouldn't be banned from deadchat though?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Post by NamesAreHard » #506505

As far as I can tell, OOC bans also ban from deadchat. It was the same when I banned someone from OOC as well.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #506565

NamesAreHard wrote:As far as I can tell, OOC bans also ban from deadchat. It was the same when I banned someone from OOC as well.
Well thats annoying as heck. I wonder if thats something we can get changed on the git?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #506917

If they reply to any of this I'll go ahead and make it a week OOC ban. I think that coming to appeal it at least shows you're understand of what was wrong.
But they need to reply at least...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #506920

this player is now permabanned, so i don't really think being OOC banned really matters much anymore
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #506923

Ha, imagine my surprise! Well I'll go ahead and lock this then.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box