[twaticus] goldenpoisen - permabanned

Appeals which have been closed.
goldenpoisen

[twaticus] goldenpoisen - permabanned

Post by goldenpoisen » #509403

Byond account and character name: goldenpoisen, I was playing under kanye weast
Banning admin: twaticus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permabanned from all tg servers
Ban reason and length: metacomming with pokemonbanger (my brother). I was permabanned
Time ban was placed (including time zone): around 11pm US eastern time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil, but the ban hit once we switched to sybil
Your side of the story: I decided to show my brother the basics of SS13 since I've been playing the game for a while and was prior never able to convince him to play it. We join bagil from the same IP as cargo techs mid-round and i start explaining how the controls work in the arrivals shuttle (using hands and backpack etc...) almost immediately the Admin messages me asking if I know a person called pokebanger. I had no clue who Tf that was since my brother did not tell me his beyond account name and so I said no. He then asked if I was playing with anyone else on my network and I told him I was with my brother showing him the basics. Meanwhile he had messaged my brother, who did not initially respond as he had no clue what to pay attention to on the screen and was not reading the chat. He gets quarantined on some part of the station and is instantly confused. I then tell him to check messages and see that the admin contacted him too, and so we responded telling him that I was explaining to him how to play the game and that we were mettacomming but weren't doing anything impactful or malicious. I thought the admin would be understanding or at least message back saying that this was not allowed and that one of us needed to disconnect, instead my account and IP were permabanned for metacomming.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing this game for a while and almost only play on Tg station, and have always followed rules to the best of my understanding and had a great time on TG servers. I knew that metacomming was not allowed but I thought it wouldn't be a big deal considering I was just trying to introduce my brother to SS13. I guess if i was really thinking ahead i would of just had him read the new players manual online, but i don't think he would have had the patience to do so considering it was already a pain to get him to try out SS13. I doubt he'll try to play again now so i don't think metacomming will be an issue going forward, right now I just wanna be able to play SS13 on TG station again.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [twaticus] goldenpoisen - permabanned

Post by bobbahbrown » #509410

The events upon which this ban was based occured in round 116783 on Bagil, on 2019-08-23. (src, statbus, scrubby)

Edit: for clarification, the other offending user's ckey is "Pok3m4nB4nG3r".
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #509419

Hello! The main reason this was turned to a permaban was because you both had left the game before we could resolve our ahelps. Our metacomming rule is taken very seriously and there are no exceptions, even for teaching a new player. Teaching a friend how to play using IC communication is allowed and is given some leeway regarding OOC in IC, like telling them "X to switch hands" in-game for example.

Since I dont believe you were acting in bad faith, I will be lowering this down to a week for both you and your brother. Please take this time to re-read our rules to avoid any more issues in the future.
goldenpoisen

Post by goldenpoisen » #509451

Thanks man, i appreciate you understanding see you all in a week lol