Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

[Ban Appeal][cedar bridge] libbysnow - command ban

Post by Reeeee » #511576

Byond account and character name: LibbySnow/ not sure what i was using
Banning admin: Cedarbridge
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Command
Ban reason and length:
Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - As Captain, left a supermatter shard in the middle of the hallway for people to run into it. Several did. Command roles require responsibility and you're not ready for that. Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-21 18:45:32 (does not list)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I have no defense to offer beyond "i did dumb"
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I may wish do these roles again at some point.
If my current behavior on bagel and note history does not suffice for the appeal, then, I have nothing to add.
*i will not be playing captain or hos with pacifism on if that's required from you*

Also following;
I wish to have a note lifted since we are here, it has literally no bearing on anything ATM since it says what it says IMO but hey, I saw it so might as well try to clean stuff from notes? If I fucked up by not making separate thread for this or it's supposed to remain to make these kinds of judgement calls easier, ignore this bit I guess.

2017-08-04 22:09:04 | Sybil | Kevinz000
Soulstoned someone who didn't want to be soulstoned as nonantag chaplain. Said they didn't know how it worked and it would give a prompt if they wanted to be sharded. Remove in a few weeks or make non-secret if they don't act up with this again.

*the part i edited is noted like this*
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Ban Appeal][cedar bridge] libbysnow - command ban

Post by bobbahbrown » #511635

This ban was placed on round 79076 on Sybil. The player was Mary Typhoid, the captain. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #511644

bobbahbrown wrote:Mary Typhoid
Thank you strange bee creature.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #512153

Spoiler:
I decided not to PM any headmins to boop the ruling forward, if that was a mistakies, I feel bad for it.
This seems least intrusive and biased method to ask to move on with this without asking someone specifically to make a ruling and apply bias because a PM exists on the matter, however unbiased.
I have outlined data that feels relevant that this moves from just cedarbridge's decision to headmins or something.
BASED SOLELY ON THE FACT I DON'T THINK HE WILL BE RESPONDING TO IT IN LOGICAL TIME FRAME.
If cedarmans does not play, dis be fine, i don't know why nor blame him for it, stuff happens.

But if "he's not been seen in 30 days" does not count for it, uuuuh, guess I'll just wait in limbo?
Thank for consideration.

Edit:
In spirit of full honesty, his forum profile did say; Last visited:Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:25 pm so he just didn't do anything while here?
Uh, i can't call foul on that but feels bad man.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #512326

I was out of town and unable to fully respond to this until now so apologies for the delay. I was pinged on discord around the start of the month and I've only recently returned to the country. That said, and given the timeframe of the original ban, I don't feel like the delay has likely prejudiced you too much.

Almost two years is probably good enough for a head ban. I can't actually speak to any of your recent history, but where I'm content that shit head-roles play will just reapply the original ban or longer I'm content to remove the ban once I'm home from work this evening. If I forget, ping me and remind me again tomorrow.

Regarding the notes: Generally speaking, those do go to their own thread for appeal, but I'll warn you that 1) Old notes are not default visible to admins, especially notes that old 2) note appeals typically only get granted where the note is itself misleading or factually untrue. I'm not seeing either of those in the current request regarding your note so likely creating an appeal for it would be futile and mostly pointless.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #512497

Ban removed. Go and sin no more.