[Discord - only #coding-general] Arathian

Appeals which have been closed.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

[Discord - only #coding-general] Arathian

Post by Arathian » #516213

Discord username: Arathian#9104

Banning admin: Oranges

Ban reason: Oranges thinks my opinions are dumb, or to quote: "you were blocked from coderbus because every time you open your mouth there you spew retarded comments with no basis in reality"

Time ban was placed: About 3-4 days ago. I didn't appeal it right away because I assumed it was a temporary thing for telling Oranges a thing he was saying was dumb so I assumed it would come off after a day or two. That is not the case.

Your side of the story: I said I didn't like what oranges was proposing. Oranges proceeded to perma-block me from a whole channel. That's about it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: #coding-general is for coding discussion and for code-related issues. I often discuss coding with people other than oranges. Oranges has NO obligation to hear what I have to say and there is a solution to never see what I want to say ever again. It's called blocking. Muting me from the entire channel because he thinks I am dumb or retarded or whatever is a gross abuse of discord privileges. He had me blocked before and I never tried to circumvent the block or message him privately or anything else. I have not broke any discord rules. "Oranges doesn't like my opinions" isn't a discord rule.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Discord - only #coding-general] Arathian

Post by Arianya » #516214

This isn't an admin matter, and the power exercised by oranges isn't an administrative one (he isn't an admin at time of writing) - the codebase has the express right (as noted by MSO) to block whoever they like from their discussion channels, whether that's #coding-general on Discord or the coding section of these forums or coderbus on IRC.

I would suggest taking this up with oranges by forum PMs, but regardless this isn't a matter any admin or headmin can rule on (and I severely doubt MSO would care to intercede)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Discord - only #coding-general] Arathian

Post by Hulkamania » #516870

Its worth noting that we spoke to oranges about this and he had no interest in lifting it. As such we have nothing more to add here