CrazyClown12
Byond Username: CrazyClown12

[IvanIsaacs] Ivan is a cunt

Post by CrazyClown12 » #516724

BYOND account: CrazyClown12
Character name:
Ban type: Server
Ban length: One Day
Ban reason: I can't log in to view reason as I am banned.
Time ban was placed: 25/9/2019
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed:
Your side of the story: AI attempted to stun me repeatedly against multiple law 2 orders. AI then refused to state laws, confirming that it didn't even want to pretend to not be rogue. I tried to reset the AI to asimov instead of killing it (which would have been easy as I was an engineer with a chem dispenser and I had already set up my gamer gear at roundstart) and decide to unsubvert it instead. When I go to unsubvert it someone dressed as the captain immediately disables me into crit, he clearly knew my location from working with the subverted the AI so I killed myself and the captain as he had clearly subverted the AI which was antag behaviour.

Act like an antag and get treated like an antag is a rule. The captain was clearly working with a subverted AI, who attempted to flash me repeatedly via a borg and refused to state laws. When I tried to unsubvert the AI, the captain magically knew my location. Subverting an AI is fundamentally antag behaviour. There is an argument that 'It wasn't really subverted it was just valid hunty' which falls flat for several reasons. For a start, the AI had the hallmarks of a fuly subverted AI. I had no way of knowing that the AI wasn't trying to kill me, it was just trying to chain stun or whatever. Secondly, the AI never made it clear.

As the AI did not communicate with me at all, despite me telling it to, I assume the reason is that I'd previously restored the AI to asimov. There is no space law against changing the AI's laws so that is a complete stretch that they could detain me, and is shitter behaviour on behalf of the silicons who took 'enforce space law' to mean 'You are the captain's personal valid hunters, hunt down anyone who may do what he doesn't like. This is literal subversion and is textbook acting like an antag. The fact that when I went to where the AI was previously the Captain knew instantly where I was shows that the captain was working with a subverted AI. There is no way around this. Either the act like an antag get treated like an antag rule exists means that the captain was literally valid.

Obviously as an admin IvanIsaac's is clear to enforce or ignore the rules as they are, but ignoring the rules as written opens him up to accusations of admin shittery. I am accusing him of exactly that. I would go as far to say that you are a cunt that gets off on your own power at the detriment of the rules you are supposed to enforce. My dad was diagnosed with cancert two days ago and I wish it was you instead, as you clearly get off on being a cunt and ignoring the rules as written. Nothing in the rules says that Captain's are immune from the rules and can subvert the AI with leeway. This was valid because subverting the AI is antag beheaviour, and if you act like an antag then you get treated like one. Further to this, I don't believe the AI was following its laws as I do do not know what laws it is supposedly enforcing. I had already reset the AI to Asimov once, as it had previously stated that its laws weren't asimov. Unsubverting the AI is not remotely against space law (I can't believe I am even talking about space law in an appeal, but here we go) but the AI decided to read its law and decide to interpret is 'You are the captain's personal valid hunter'. IvanIsaacs decided to give me a day ban because when the Captain subverted the AI, I defended myself the only way that was possible (Beyond removing the subverted AI from the round. But I did not wish to do that, only to unsubvert it. Unlike the Captain and AI, I am not a shitter).
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: [IvanIsaacs] Ivan is a cunt

Post by Reyn » #516734

CrazyClown12 wrote:BYOND account: CrazyClown12

Ban reason: I can't log in to view reason as I am banned.
For refrence, attempting to connect while banned displays your ban reason, even if you cannot log in fully. They did that so you can see your ban reason.

Sorry for the mini peanut, just want to help.

On a side note it's also in poor taste to call the banning admin a cunt in the title of the appeal.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #516757

Headmin ruling is that using bombs against antags is not allowed unless doing so imediately ends the round, and as such should definitely not be used by a non-antag to gib the Captain during an arrest
I am sorry to hear about your family predicament however and hope your father recovers, please ensure you provide a calm supportive atmosphere to foster his recovery
See you on the server tomorrow, appeal denied.
CrazyClown12
Byond Username: CrazyClown12

Post by CrazyClown12 » #516764

Reyn wrote:

On a side note it's also in poor taste to call the banning admin a cunt in the title of the appeal.
Peanut Post, Bye bye!
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #516768

Locking topic to prevent it becoming a nuclear waste dump fire.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #516845

For posterity, full ban reason:
Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - Set off a suicide bomb after the Captain had detained him. Allegedly beleived the AI had been subverted and therefore the Captain was valid because he didnt know the AI's lawset. Suicide bombs are not your first resort when presented with arrest.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #517189

For future reference: Weapons of mass destruction while fun should not ever be employed with any level of regularity as a crime fighting measure. The previously cited headmin ruling is 100% accurate, and on more than one occasion have we seen players who's first and last line of defense are massively destructive devices.

There's a lot more to the game than making people go boom.