Deepwoods
Byond Username: Deepwoods

[Ivanissaccs] Deepwoods - Cyborg Role Ban

Post by Deepwoods » #516792

BYOND account: Deepwoods
Character name: D-13
Ban type: Cyborg Role Ban
Ban length: 7 days
Ban reason: Reason: Immediately suicided as an emagged borg \"Because it was bullshit and I refuse, Getting knocked out of action for 15 seconds with one click and instantly hacked. No. I won\'t go turncoat just due to some bullshit game mechanic implemented by fraud developers.\" \n\nRe read our rules and silicon policy.
Time ban was placed: Didn't copy this when I copied the other thing, but it was earlier today.
Server you were playing on when banned: Garry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 120069
Your side of the story: I'm new to the game, and the whole aspect of being forced to suddenly have to kill the people you've been trying to save is one I'm having difficulty with. So I decided to terminate my character within the game to prevent me from having to harm those I was sworn to protect. I understand the hacking aspect from a gameplay perspective, and I discussed it with the admin in question after the ban and was told that in the future I could request to have my character turned over to someone else upon being turned like that. Yet I realize my mistake. The mistake was in not playing it through. Instead of suiciding I should've been looking for any hole in the Syndicate lawset that would allow me to brutally and unrelentingly screw them. Because that's what AI & Co. do.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I deserve to be unbanned (deserving would require injustice, which I'm not arguing), but I'm simply requesting it. Though I can be a miserable bastard, I enjoy playing in a support role and being helpful. I enjoy trying to hold the pieces together and keep the peace, and that's something only the AI and cyborgs really do in many games. At least until things go sideways.
References of good conduct: I get frustrated easily and tend to be direct when venting my feelings of the moment, so there are probably as many who'd say something bad over chatter as would say something good over deeds. Any AI I've worked with or anybody I've recovered or resuscitated or given a cookie to amidst the implosion of the supermatter or on the scene of a brewing civil conflict would probably say nice things, but I don't keep a list of them because there have been a lot of them over the last 5 days. I play to type and try to keep people in the game if at all possible instead of letting them linger as ghosts. If I have to murder someone, I hit them until they're dead and drag them to the roboticist if the opportunity presents itself. When playing medical I desperately attempt triage and recovery over falling back automatically on the cloner. I try to be good when I'm not being shit. And in the future I'll put forward an effort to leverage things in favor of more goodery instead of more shittery.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Re: [Ivanissaccs] Deepwoods - Cyborg Role Ban

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #516802

Ehhhh I don't necessarily know that "Ill just look for any excuse to brutally screw them over" is really much better than suicide but then half of our player base spend there entire time on Asimov looking to just that anyway.

So, essentially I am willing to lift this tomorrow providing that you understand how shitty a thing it is too immediately suicide or fuck over your team after someone goes through the investment and risk of converting you to their team, and with the understanding that repeats of that behavior will result in a more severe ban than the one initially implemented.
Deepwoods
Byond Username: Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #516820

That's one of the things I'm uncertain about. Because most things at play seem to have an IC context. And the IC context is that a cyborg was unwillingly hacked and had a ruleset placed upon it by a hostile element. If this is like Robocop, that doesn't make the newly hacked cyborg friends with the hacker. It means there's an underlying animosity at the core of the relationship due to the laws not being some replacement for personality. The personality is there, and while it's forced to comply, it may not be thrilled.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516842

Suiciding as hacked/asimov cyborg breaks the protect
Your existence / stop human harm part since you can't protect humans or syndies while dead