[NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal redux

Post by deedubya » #516936

Byond account and character name: DeeDubya

Banning admin: NecromancerAnne

Ban type: Server

Ban reason and length: "Ban baiting" 1 day

Time ban was placed: Aug 19 2019 11:48PM PST, round 116464

Server you were playing when banned: Sybil

Your side of the story: See previous two threads for all the details relating to the events that occurred and the relevant logs: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23648 https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=23663

Why you think you should be unbanned: According to this topic, notes are to be appealed/repealed/modified if it meets one or both of the criteria listed: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13422 This note meets both of the criteria listed. I'll go over the ban reasoning itself and break down exactly how it is both factually incorrect and is unjustifiably harsh to my standing in future interactions with administration. If you require evidence to back these claims, all the relevant logs, statements, and arguments are in the previous two threads.
Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - Broke into chemistry and was subsequently beaten up by the chemists. Ahelped it despite being a breakin and were healed by a chemist. When they broke in again they were killed and they ahelped again. This is pretty banbaity mate, they followed escalation and you just need to accept that you lost.
Broke into chemistry - False. Walked through an open door. Was barely in there for a few seconds, didn't touch anyone or anything.
was subsequently beaten up by the chemists. - Lie by omission. "beaten up" is not the same as "murdered".
Ahelped it despite being a breakin - Still not a breakin, and how is ahelping non-antag murder against the rules? I made sure to check for the antag moodlet before I sent the ahelp, so I did my due diligence here.
and were healed by a chemist - Finally something true, but doesn't excuse the blatant rule violation. "Healed" is only partly true by the way, as I had to be defibbed, meaning I was dead. As I recall Fasa Al Kharim did most of the actual healing, not the chemist - although that last bit isn't entirely relevant here and I may be wrong on that detail.
When they broke in again - False. Walked through an open door, again.
they were killed and they ahelped again - True. Justified by the fact that the first ahelp had gone unanswered, the chemists had stolen my gear, and the fact that I thought they had violated escalation again. The last bit turned out to be untrue, as I accidentally put one of the chemists through a glass table. Meaning the second kill they did was completely valid. I don't contest my validity on the second kill, only the accusation and punishment of my assumed poor conduct.
This is pretty banbaity mate - Complete misrepresentation. I ahelped because of what I believed to be a clear rules violation, same as I always do. I have never attempted to banbait or even killbait in all the years I've spent playing this game.
they followed escalation - Half-truth: They followed escalation during the second confrontation, and I assume this is only because the admin in question brought up the issue to them. The first incident was just 100% unjustified non-antag murder, and is the primary reason I was sending ahelps to begin with.
and you just need to accept that you lost. - I do not care that I died twice. The entire reason I walked into the chemist office was to commit suicide and log off. I never cared that I died, I almost never care if I die. If you care about dying in this game, you should probably play another game entirely. I cared that someone clearly and blatantly broke the rules while two admins were on and that my ahelp regarding the situation had gone unanswered.

It's been well over a month since the initial appeal was refused. I've attempted to appeal based on motive, and was brushed aside. Someone unrelated to the incident saw how I'd been wronged, and made a complaint on my behalf. That complaint got brushed aside as well. I attempted to privately reason with the admin in question, as I reasonably believed they held a grudge against me for some reason. This also went nowhere, and made it clear to me that even if they did admit they handled the situation poorly, they had zero intent on correcting the matter themselves in any way. Considering it's been quite some time since the original appeal was processed, my case is far more concrete and based in fact rather than emotion this time, and the fact that there's been a change in administration since the original appeal, I'd appreciate if this was looked at again and resolved properly this time.

"but deedubs it's not a big deal, get over it" I take slander to my character extremely seriously, especially if it's done from a position of power and has the capability of negatively affecting my future interactions with the administration. Nobody should stand by idly when they're being falsely accused of something they didn't do, and having motive attributed to them that they clearly weren't displaying.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal redux

Post by NecromancerAnne » #517030

I'm going to go ahead and close this appeal right quick because this is the third attempt within the span of two months you've appealed the literal, same note. We do not have a cooldown period between non-permaban appeals. You have seriously pushed the limit on such an allowance and frankly this is getting extremely silly. Nothing has changed still and I honestly don't know what you're looking to accomplish with having ANOTHER attempt at appealing this note.

I will, for the sake of complete openness, simply just put up the conversation between the two of us that I took to be only casual conversation but for you seemingly as official correspondence between us on an administrative matter. That was not what that was, because our business had been handled TWICE already, so why on earth would I think you would choose to appeal a third time? But if you want to bring it up then sure, whatever.

Here are the logs.
Spoiler:
As you can see, I only reiterated what I admitted in the original appeal and did not, in fact, admit to have made a mistake in totality for the entire ban. I only screwed up in procedure in the sense that I didn't directly contact you immediately after you ahelped and when I had already began investigating. That's it. Stop twisting the truth to fit you delusion. You are deluded. You vomit absolute garbage and have next to no self reflection because you believe, in some fucking misguided way you believe you're a martyr dying on some hill against the bad banbots. I'll say it again. Get the fuck over it. And fuck off.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal redux

Post by Hulkamania » #517451

If you appeal this same thing again despite being denied this many times, further administrative action on the forums may be taken against you due to your inability to follow the rules.