[DiamondSentinel] Old Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

[DiamondSentinel] Old Ban

Post by DiamondSentinel » #518064

BYOND account: DiamondSentinel
Character name: NOBLESSE (Maybe, I don't remember)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Perm
Ban reason: Can't copy, but was banned because I requested Tyrant and then was accused of ghosting
Time ban was placed:2017-10-11 02:57:30
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil?
Round ID in which ban was placed: 31306
Your side of the story: A tyrant lawset is only "harmful" if you use it to do so. I had zero intention of doing that. Regardless of that, I don't care about the silicon ban. What I care about is the ghosting issue. I was playing at the time with one of my IRL friends, RadioactiveMush. He introduced me to the game. I knew who he was because he used the same IC name he's used for a DnD campaign. He did not know who I was, however, as he had never seen me play AI. Furthermore, we were playing from the same router (we go to same Uni and were playing in the dorms). However, the admins were well aware of this fact as we had communicated that we'd often have the same IP address, and there was literally never a problem prior to this.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban was done with no evidence of ghosting. In fact, multiple staff members were aware of our status as being from the same router, but this fact was ignored during the ban. Regardless, I do not particularly care to come back to the server; rather, I'm just appealing in order to take place in the charity event.
References of good conduct: Yogstation - Trustback, Yogurtshrimp69, Fluffe9911.
SS13 Persistence - MahaSaka (albeit briefly, as I haven't played there for a good bit)
Ispiria
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [DiamondSentinel] Old Ban

Post by Arianya » #518072

Full ban reason:
As Asimov AI, requested Tyrant lawset literally six times during early round with no threats. Allowed an individual playing from the same IP address, who they were just warned not to metagame with in the prior round, into the upload to make the change after prompting them to change the laws. Called out "CAPTAIN THIS IS HARM" ICly twice before allowing the change anyway. When asked about it, stated "it wasn't harmful," which is in contrast to their IC call-out that it was harmful (despite their failure to prevent it from happening). Silicon ban escalated to permaban due to likely metafriending (knowledge that the person they were playing with was their friend) and prior behavior.
This ban was placed by feemjeem, who is no longer on the team, so the ban appeal will be handled by head admins.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [DiamondSentinel] Old Ban

Post by MortoSasye » #518321

We have decided to not accept this appeal.

We asked yogstation and ss13 persistence, and you haven't shown any sign of improvement during this time. Feel free to appeal this again in 6 months if you get a better record, but for now, you'll remain banned.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: