[Ivanissaccs] Excessvanity - Note appeal about Lying

Appeals which have been closed.
excessvanity
Byond Username: ExcessVanity

[Ivanissaccs] Excessvanity - Note appeal about Lying

Post by excessvanity » #518113

BYOND account: Excessvanity
Character name: Neon V and Retired Sexbot
Ban type: Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician And Banned from the server
Ban length: 1 week for role and 24 hours for server
Ban reason:Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician for 1 week - Set the hallway air alarms to siphon as a non antagonist then repeatedly lies about it in ahelps even when presented with the logs.
Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - Set the hallway air alarms to siphon as a non antagonist then repeatedly lies about it in ahelps even when presented with the logs.
Time ban was placed: 2019-10-02 23:07:05 and 2019-10-02 23:07:18
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 120582
Your side of the story: Annotations and references at the end.
Last Wednesday, after dying due to a strange object mishap, followed later by a short stint as a borg, I was approached by Ivanisaacs. He questioned me about setting the hallway scrubbers to vent on a green shift while a non antag. Spawning as a Purged Borg, I had been careful not to self antag and follow escalation laws. The only place I had vented was the upload room after removing harmlessly a crewmember from it.(1) I admitted it to Ivanisaacs I had done so, as I was told by the Purged AI to not let them be enslaved again. I had not harmed anyone, contained the venting to upload and gotten deactivated almost immediately anyway. They then began quizzing me on an earlier instance which I was unfamiliar with.(2) I initially told them it must have been a mistake while clicking on an air alarm. They then said that I had manually set all the scrubbers to vent, which I vehemently denied. After a few back and forth of me telling them I hadn't and them presenting me logs I couldn't explain, I was understandably banned. This led me down the rabbit hole that are the logs, to figure out why they indicated I had vented the hallways. My first death, as the engineer Neon V, was to a strange object. The server only indicated it was a badly made illegal tech.(3) Instead of generating corgis, it blew me up and unbeknownst to me, messed up with the scrubbers nearby.(4) As seen in reference (2), both instance happened exactly at 22:12:55.
Why you think you should be unbaned: While Ivanisaacs was right that I had turned those scrubbers to vent, I had done so unknowingly and could not explain it until I looked at the logs. I believe the remaining engineering ban and the notes should be corrected on my account. I did not self-antag willingly and on the extremely rare instances I have had to talk with an admin, I have always recognized if I was in the wrong and could explain myself. Also, I will be more careful with any EXPERIMENTATOR made items. If any further information is needed, do no hesitate to ask me.

(1) https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... atmos.html 22:54:20 [0x20075e2] (100,154,2) || AI Upload Chamber Air Alarm was turned to Panic Siphon mode by excessvanity/(Retired Sexbot)
(2) https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... atmos.html 22:12:55 [0x2006891] (88,134,2) || the Central Primary Hallway air scrubber #1 was toggled to siphon mode by ExcessVanity/(Neon V)
(3) https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... entor.html 22:12:55 [0x200a797] (0,0,0) || the badly made illegal tech Explosion relic used by ExcessVanity/(Neon V) in Medbay Central (101, 109, 2)
(4) https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... /game.html [2019-10-02 22:12:55.545] EMOTE: 22:12:55.545] EMOTE: ExcessVanity/(Neon V) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Medbay Central (101, 109, 2)

Edited for typos and formatting.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Re: [Ivanissaccs] Excessvanity - Note appeal about Lying

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #518161

Well hot damn.
It seems I was very much mistaken and I appologise for the inconvenience to yourself, I'll hop online soon and remove the note/any bans that are still active.
excessvanity
Byond Username: ExcessVanity

Post by excessvanity » #518188

No hard feelings. I couldn't explain my behavior and I completely understand the position you were put in. It was only a short ban anyway.

Thank you for the quick response!
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #518420

If only all sides were always this amicable. Resolving this thread.