[NecromancerAnnie] <n4n0> - Overly emotional admin banned me before chance to follow direction

Appeals which have been closed.
n4n0

[NecromancerAnnie] <n4n0> - Overly emotional admin banned me before chance to follow direction

Post by n4n0 » #519022

BYOND account: n4n0
Character name: Phuk Nig-Urs
Ban type: Permanent
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Had the name Phuk Nig-Urs. Claimed they were asian and that their english wasn't very good. This isn't your only round on the server, so if you wanna be so blatant you can just head out to somewhere else
Time ban was placed: 2019-10-12 19:16:13
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil-1
Round ID in which ban was placed: 121272
Your side of the story: She approached me saying that my name was inappropriate, saying that if I did not change my name next round I would be banned. I asked her to explain in plain English why my name was inappropriate and she banned me immediately without even giving me a chance to change my name, as she said she would do. I don't understand why she would say I can change my name then ban me permanently without giving me a chance to change my name. It seems like a brash and emotionally-driven decision that is an abuse of power, the clear course of action would be to ban me if I didn't change my name next round upon being told that my name is inappropriate, which I would have done but she did not give me the chance to do after she said she would. If admins can just say "do X or I ban you" and then they ban you despite the fact that the time has not come to do X, what is the point?
Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban was entirely unjustified and was the result of an emotional lash-out by a less-than-adequate admin who will not be named. I was told "do X next round" and before next round even started I was banned for not following those directions. What is that? How could I have followed this subpar admIn's directions if I was not even given the chance to?
References of good conduct: It's a video game so I don't really know what "references" here means, I don't get payed to do this so I'm not involved in some kind of corporate hierarchy where I would have a boss to reference. I've played on the servers for years, recently as "Dick Bigman" but also as "Jerry Seinfeld" and "Jamal Laquan Oyeba III" for years prior to that. I feel that plenty of regulars on /tg/ servers, specifically Sybil-1, could recall these names.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: [NecromancerAnnie] <n4n0> - Overly emotional admin banned me before chance to follow direction

Post by Reyn » #519023

n4n0 wrote:BYOND account: n4n0
Ban reason: Had the name Phuk Nig-Urs. Claimed they were asian and that their english wasn't very good. This isn't your only round on the server, so if you wanna be so blatant you can just head out to somewhere else
Your side of the story: She approached me saying that my name was inappropriate, saying that if I did not change my name next round I would be banned. I asked her to explain in plain English why my name was inappropriate and she banned me immediately without even giving me a chance to change my name, as she said she would do. I don't understand why she would say I can change my name then ban me permanently without giving me a chance to change my name. It seems like a brash and emotionally-driven decision that is an abuse of power, the clear course of action would be to ban me if I didn't change my name next round upon being told that my name is inappropriate, which I would have done but she did not give me the chance to do after she said she would. If admins can just say "do X or I ban you" and then they ban you despite the fact that the time has not come to do X, what is the point?
Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban was entirely unjustified and was the result of an emotional lash-out by a less-than-adequate admin who will not be named. I was told "do X next round" and before next round even started I was banned for not following those directions. What is that? How could I have followed this subpar admIn's directions if I was not even given the chance to?
References of good conduct: It's a video game so I don't really know what "references" here means, I don't get payed to do this so I'm not involved in some kind of corporate hierarchy where I would have a boss to reference. I've played on the servers for years, recently as "Dick Bigman" but also as "Jerry Seinfeld" and "Jamal Laquan Oyeba III" for years prior to that. I feel that plenty of regulars on /tg/ servers, specifically Sybil-1, could recall these names.
Rule 3 Precident 1 subprecident 1 as well

Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids; other species may instead choose to use the default names assigned to them, such as those given through random names, or otherwise any name that is species-appropriate. Honorifics and nicknames are not allowed. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while in-game.

Excessively OOC is defined as names which are intentionally hard to read/spell, references to in-game mechanics or OOC terminology, and any form of nonsensical/bad-faith name (ex. Adolf Hitler, FAGGOT PUNCHER, Poop Boy, xXrobustspaceman420Xx etc).

Phuk Nig-Urs, being a corruption of "Fuck Niggers", Likely falls under the "Bad Faith" category.
n4n0

Re: [NecromancerAnnie] <n4n0> - Overly emotional admin banned me before chance to follow direction

Post by n4n0 » #519024

Reyn wrote:
n4n0 wrote:BYOND account: n4n0
Rule 3 Precident 1 subprecident 1 as well

Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids; other species may instead choose to use the default names assigned to them, such as those given through random names, or otherwise any name that is species-appropriate. Honorifics and nicknames are not allowed. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while in-game.

Excessively OOC is defined as names which are intentionally hard to read/spell, references to in-game mechanics or OOC terminology, and any form of nonsensical/bad-faith name (ex. Adolf Hitler, FAGGOT PUNCHER, Poop Boy, xXrobustspaceman420Xx etc).

Phuk Nig-Urs, being a corruption of "Fuck Niggers", Likely falls under the "Bad Faith" category.
I understand the logic behind this, my gripe is that the scatterbrained admin in question notified me that me name violated this rule and told me to change my name, and then banned me permanently before I had the chance to change my name. It's not as if I was told to change my name and then I didn't change it in the next round. I never even said I wouldn't change my name or something. I was banned in the middle of conversation before the round ended immediately after I was told I would have a chance to change my name once the round ended. It's nonsense.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #519025

I'm amazed at your sudden proficiency at english.
[2019-10-12 19:09:17.546] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen)->N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs): Your name is completely inappropriate. Please change it next round to something suitable.
[2019-10-12 19:09:48.662] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs)->NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen): Oh shit I thought this was /tg/ server srry
[2019-10-12 19:10:37.879] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen)->N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs): It is but we have a policy about reasonable, believable names. Please read our rules before playing. The button to find those rules is in the top right of the client.
[2019-10-12 19:11:56.613] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs)->NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen): But I'm asian, this is clearly a khmer name
[2019-10-12 19:13:26.704] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen)->N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs): If I see you with anything that is remotely similar to that name, it's not going to go well for you. Change it.
[2019-10-12 19:14:21.185] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs)->NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen): Could you please explain i nplain english why my english is not so good? i dont want to violate law if other name
[2019-10-12 19:14:50.666] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: NecromancerAnne/(Jodie Jensen)->N4n0/(Phuk Nig-Urs): Look, if you wanna play dumb I'm just going to boot you. Go play on Hippie mate. Your jokes will be more welcome there.
Because it would be a damn shame if you lied to me in ahelps, because we definitely take that pretty seriously. Suffice to say, I don't believe you have anything decent to contribute to the server, so I don't think I'll be lifting this and I don't really care to take you remotely seriously when you yourself demonstratively don't care to take our rules or my advice seriously. You're not funny, nobody thinks you're funny and I definitely don't find you funny. I'm denying this. A headmin can come in and say otherwise.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #519232

Resolving this.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: