Appeals which have been closed.
adrianflyx

[<Peoplearestrange>] <Dorian Banks> - Typical shit administrator ban

Post by adrianflyx » #521152

BYOND account: <adrianflyx>
Character name: <Dorian Banks>
Ban type: <Server/Role/OOC/etc>
Ban length: <Permanent, 5 days, etc>
Ban reason: <At round start, turned SM emitters on, didn\'t setup any of the rest of the engine then imediatly went AFK in a locker. Obvious troll is obvious.>
Time ban was placed: <Around 18:20 UTC time.>
Server you were playing on when banned: <Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <122333>
Your side of the story: <I spawned in as a Station Engineer, proceeded to gear myself up and then went to turn on the emitters so that the SM will generate power, i turned them on so that nobody would have to, after that i needed to have a chat with my girlfriend, which is the reason i hid in the locker and went AFK, i come back to a permanent ban, which is an obvious exaggeration..>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I turned on the emitters, which should be turned on considering there was a full set of engineers when the round started so there was plenty of people to maintain the SM, i understand that i could have let somebody else do it if i knew that i was going AFK, but i didn't know that, my reason for going AFK was urgent and came out of nowhere, so i quickly hopped into a locker and locked myself in so no greytider would steal my ID or proceed to throw me into a disposal.>
References of good conduct: <i've only been playing on Fulpstation, TG and Beestation as of lately.>
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Re: [<Peoplearestrange>] <Dorian Banks> - Typical shit administrator ban

Post by OhChildflayer » #521159

Just an FYI: If you don't respond when the admin tries to message you about something, they'll often give you a permaban just so you'll come to the forum and explain. It is not necessarily a reflection of how severe they think your fuck up was.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #521267

It's also worth mentioning that turning on the emitters before setting up the SM cooling loop is just about the worst possible thing you can do as an engineer at roundstart.

It is in no way helpful and can be only interpreted as evidence of one of two things: blind incompetence or deliberate sabotage.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #521285

Hi there, you know whats not a great way to start a ban appeal? A title like that!

Anyway moving forward, as others have said I did indeed perma you because I wanted to get you to explain the situation. Turning on the emitters with no cooling loop VERY quickly will cause the SM to delaminate, though you'd know this if you'd read the wiki. It was only actually rectified by another engineer who happened to notice it a few minutes later after the core was almost at 60%.
I gave you a good few minutes to reply and given you'd locked yourself in a locker and gone afk it appeared to me to be a griefing tactic.

Two things you need to understand, if you're going to go AFK don't start a process that can spiral out of control and ASSUME that someone else will fix it. Not only is it a dick move it also makes you look like a griefer.
If you understand what you've done wrong I'll be willing to reduce the ban. Given your previous record, incredibly disrespectful and aggressive attitude, I must warn you that you are treading on extremely thin ice... you keep this up and I won't be surprised if another admin straight up rule 0 perma's you. Take this as a warning.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
adrianflyx

Post by adrianflyx » #521291

I understand your frustration, and i understand my mistake here.

regarding the title, it's a joke obviously, i thought nobody would be offended since a similar title is even present as a title example "[petethegoat] blindinggriffin - bullshit ban"

i seek forgiveness and ask for a complete un-ban, i will love you big time if you decide so.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #521292

This isn't a joke, this is an ban appeal.

Either way, I'll reduce your ban to a day given no one actually got hurt.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #521593

Side note: we don't ask that you behave politely to administrators but at least avoiding outright insulting them when asking for a ban is probably a good idea.