[HommandoSA]-Isy232-Old Note Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

[HommandoSA]-Isy232-Old Note Appeal

Post by Isy232 » #523258

Before you even start reading, I'm not appealing the whole note, just the part that says I have a history of overescalation.

BYOND account: Isy232

Character name: Kryndald Geobbles (I think, I only really use that name but I dont remember, it was about a month ago).

Ban type: Command Role Ban.

Ban length: 1 Week.

Ban reason:
Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 1 week - As captain, got into an IC fight with the CE which escalated into the CMO and an engineer being shuttle gibbed. The CE was a valid kill, but shuttle gibbing the CMO and engineer was a step too far. Has a history of overescalation. He had access to non-lethal means to deal with the CMO and engineer, and there was no reason to gib them once they were dead. Seriously reconsider how you deal with conflict in this game.

Time ban was placed: 2019-10-14 05:55:30 (Server Time)

Round ID in which ban was placed: I don't remember and viewing admin remarks from ingame does not give me this information.

Your side of the story:
First off, I admit, this time I went too far and could have handled this situation better so I accept the fact that I was command banned for this incident.

My issue is that this note establishes that I "Has a history of overescalation".

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I have a long history of warns but I also have 765 hours (alive time in view tracked playtime from ingame). And few of those warns are related to over escalation. Before this note, I'd say 3 of my warns could be related to over escalation.

So 3 warns sounds like a history, but over 765 hours?, that's 1 over escalation warn per 255 hours of playtime? If you want to go chronologically I've been playing here for a bit over a year.

I only want the bit that mentions "Has a history of overescalation." gone as I feel in the future this would be precedent for very harsh punishment for future incidents.

I didn't appeal this when it happened because I was fairly burned out of the game at the time.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Re: [HommandoSA]-Isy232-Old Note Appeal

Post by HommandoSA » #523264

Round ID: 121390
statbus
scrubby

A single instance of overescalation would give you a history of overescalation, wouldn't it? By my count I'm seeing 5 instances where you overescalated, and that's being conservative. While I don't believe the note is inaccurate I'd be willing to remove that part if you want.
I have a long history of warns but I also have 765 hours
This is the real issue that's gonna bite you in the future. Your note / ban history is much longer than most other players with that amount of time invested into the game and I'm not counting duplicate note entries. I gave you a warning over PMs before I applied the ban, I want to make sure you remember it. Do not put yourself in the crosshairs of an admin for a long while. You have a lot of time dedicated to the server, I don't like seeing people get banned, let alone perma'd. With that kind of time I imagine you're here in good faith, you just respond very poorly to IC conflict. Now that you've come back from a break and you've gotten over your burnout you can think with a little more clarity when dealing with other players.

Appeal accepted
Anything else you want to add before this gets locked?
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #523268

Nothing else to say really, I'm happy with this outcome.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #523271

Locking this then.