Ban length: permanent
Ban reason:
Time ban was placed: ^
Server you were playing on when banned: not sure
Round ID in which ban was placed: ^
Your side of the story: ill just memetext it from what i can remember
>playing as ai
>some person whose name i forget has a history of not liking me
>tries ordering me to do some stupid shit (cant remember what, maybe let into armory or something)
>tell them to fuck off
>they get pissy and yell over radio
>ignore them
>soon find them hacking into sat
>tell borg to stop them
>borg goes up and does nothing
>tell hos
>hos comes in, leaves
>borg deactivates my turrets and allows them in (i think?)
>they card me and put me into a potato
>get 200% mad
>ask someone to order me to kill them over radio
>someone does, i do
>they apparently ahelp cuz they dont get to act smug and keep taunting me
>hulk bwoinks me and we have a personal conversation
>we come to an agreement that it would probably be good for me to take a break from the game
>tells me once i have to come back
so i did
Why you think you should be unbanned: took a break for a long while and recently thought that coming back might be fun, so im here to request the unban as i said.
References of good conduct: havent played any ss13 since ban time
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkmania] Deitus - returning after a break

Post by Hulkamania » #525260

This ban was not about the individual moment, it was just the straw that broke the metaphorical camels back.

In this case the "camel" is the amount of people willing to even give you a half-assed second chance, and the number of straws on that camels back are totaling 100 notes and 92 bans. Granted the ban system counts being banned from a department as an individual ban for each job in that department, this is still an insanely high number compared to even some of the worst players who have ever had the displeasure of gracing our servers.

Why do I even have the slightest bit of confidence that you've changed as a person in your amount of time gone, particularly with zero vouchers that you've been well behaved on other servers?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #525280

as i've said before a large number of those bans are worded poorly and / or outright false, which my appealing of them left me on post approval for appeals. but thats subjective and slightly beside the point.

to answer your question, however, you don't. like i said i've not played any space station since i received the ban so the only things i have to offer are my word and subsequent actions should the ban be lifted. if that isnt enough then there's not really much i can do about it, like i said i just got a hankering for ss13 the other day so i though i'd poke my head in to ask for a repeal as the note said i should.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #525318

You spoiled endgame in a hut post and should never be forgiven for it honestly. I'll never forget and you should never be unbanned simple for this reason alone.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #525341

NikNakFlak wrote:You spoiled endgame in a hut post and should never be forgiven for it honestly. I'll never forget and you should never be unbanned simple for this reason alone.
This said spoiler WAS tagged as a spoiler, there is still no good reason to post spoilers.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #525348

Boris wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:You spoiled endgame in a hut post and should never be forgiven for it honestly. I'll never forget and you should never be unbanned simple for this reason alone.
This said spoiler WAS tagged as a spoiler, there is still no good reason to post spoilers.
That was edited in later by a mod i believe
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #525349

NikNakFlak wrote:
Boris wrote:
in case this meme post that was posted in the subforum specifically for meme posts is somehow actually relevant, the text was originally spoilered by me but then further edited later. but i dont really see how its relevant to the appeal, unless you're just taking the piss in which shame on me for not realizing
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #525417

CitrusGender edited the post to add the
Spoiler:
tag to it.
It was plain to see before he did this.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #525460

Deitus wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:
Boris wrote:
in case this meme post that was posted in the subforum specifically for meme posts is somehow actually relevant, the text was originally spoilered by me but then further edited later. but i dont really see how its relevant to the appeal, unless you're just taking the piss in which shame on me for not realizing
the TEXT. not the title, the TEXT. in the POST. though again, i still fail how this has anything to do with the current appeal.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #525601

Deitus wrote:
the TEXT. not the title, the TEXT. in the POST. though again, i still fail how this has anything to do with the current appeal.
They're talking about your actions on this community as a whole which is relevant if you are to return to it.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #525766

MortoSasye wrote:
Deitus wrote:
They're talking about your actions on this community as a whole which is relevant if you are to return to it.
they're talking about a low-effort meme post made nearly half a year ago in the forum specifically designated for low-effort meme posts. like i'd get it if i had made it in one of the regular forums, but as it stands its like getting angry that i took a shit in a public toilet. if we're seriously using hutposts as a barometer for whether a person should be in the community or not then i should be far from the top of the list of people who would be banned.

even if you do want to try and die on this hill, the ban was for server notes, not forum behavior. the ban said to take a long break and appeal "when im ready." i took a long break, and i appealed because im ready.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Post by Hulkamania » #525928

While I did make the note with the implication that you should come back when ready, I'm really not sure you are. A big issue is that the "notes are false" thing isn't something I can speak for, all I can say is that those that you did appeal and didn't get overturned remained on your record and must be taken as being legitimate.

The only reason you didn't get banned sooner is because people kept giving you minor notes and bans instead of pulling the trigger outright, you had many many chances to change but found new ways to very slightly push the envelope until you got noted, starting the process once more.

As of right now I'm not comfortable unbanning you on merit alone. I'm willing to reduce the usual "wait a year on a ban appeal" if you're willing to explore other servers during that timeframe (staying relatively active on at least one of them) to show that you will bring that new positive attitude to /tg/. Is that something you're willing to do?
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #526097

Hulkamania wrote:While I did make the note with the implication that you should come back when ready, I'm really not sure you are. A big issue is that the "notes are false" thing isn't something I can speak for, all I can say is that those that you did appeal and didn't get overturned remained on your record and must be taken as being legitimate.

The only reason you didn't get banned sooner is because people kept giving you minor notes and bans instead of pulling the trigger outright, you had many many chances to change but found new ways to very slightly push the envelope until you got noted, starting the process once more.

As of right now I'm not comfortable unbanning you on merit alone. I'm willing to reduce the usual "wait a year on a ban appeal" if you're willing to explore other servers during that timeframe (staying relatively active on at least one of them) to show that you will bring that new positive attitude to /tg/. Is that something you're willing to do?
the notes weren't overturned because I was banned from ban appeals.
>b-but you were spammi-
i was following the proper format and laid out my arguments for them properly, there's no word minimum and low-effort notes merit little in the way of why they should be removed. if you want robustin-style essays on rules then make it a requirement.

as for the offer, i've never been on other servers so i cant speak to whether im even allowed on them. i might check them out later but otherwise ill just wait for the year mark and appeal again.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Post by Hulkamania » #526960

Copy that. If you put down a few months elsewhere just come back around that time, else we'll see you in a year.