delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

[RSlite] Delaron Ereborn - Viro Perm job Ban

Post by delaron » #526039

BYOND account: Delaron
Character name: Delaron Ereborn
Ban type: Virology Job ban
Ban length: Permanent? Think it was in reality only 1 month
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Virologist permanently - As a non-antag virologist made a virus with confusion, disfiguration and Deoxyribonucleic Acid Saboteur and shot people with it. This is not an acceptable behaviour for a non-antag virologist. Please re-read our rules and appeal it on the forums if i got something wrong.
Time ban was placed: 2019-08-31 05:23:30
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 117477
Your side of the story: So the primary reason I rolled virologist and made a virus that made peoples faces melt and become unidentifiable was I picked up the face blindness flaw and as a measure of angst or depression for the character wished everyone else knew his pain. It was a rp concept that I executed on without weighing the full effect on the player base. By included DNA saboteur I made it way more problematic than it needed to be.
Why you think you should be unbanned: So the note states it was a permanent job ban. However I think only a month was applied since I was able to roll viro without issue. I agree with the temp ban since the gimmick was less funny to the player base than I have envisioned. However in case the ban was meant to be permanent I would like to appeal and not be considered for ban evasion. In general I don't aim to grief or cause undue hardship to the players when non antag. This was more or less a sloppy RP reason and poorly executed. Granted no death occurred and it was more a source of annoyance but I also ensured the cure was easily made (mannitol). I still understand that isn't the intent behind the job and will continue to improve my play style to match the intended environment the admin team wants to develop.

References of good conduct: I have unwittingly played viro since then and played the role properly only created a healing virus while also providing cures for the random ones that spread from events.
RSlite
Byond Username: RSlite

Re: [RSlite] Delaron Ereborn - Viro Perm job Ban

Post by RSlite » #526115

Yeah, it was supposed to be just a month ban so it's probably just roleban wording weirdness. You are not evading, don't worry, gamer.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #526934

delaron wrote:By included DNA saboteur I made it way more problematic than it needed to be.
Just so you know for future reference, even if your virus didn't have the confusion or DAS symptoms in it, you'd have still been bwoinked for the non-neutered disfiguration symptom in your virus if you had done this under our current virology policies.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... st#p503703
Last edited by ATHATH on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #526935

ATHATH wrote:
delaron wrote:By included DNA saboteur I made it way more problematic than it needed to be.
Just so you know for future reference, even if your virus didn't have the confusion or DAS symptoms in it, you'd have still been bwoinked for the non-neutered disfiguration symptom in your virus due to our current virology policies.

We generally do not update bans retroactively with rule changes, so this should be irrelevant.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #526979

PKPenguin321 wrote:
ATHATH wrote:
Just so you know for future reference, even if your virus didn't have the confusion or DAS symptoms in it, you'd have still been bwoinked for the non-neutered disfiguration symptom in your virus due to our current virology policies.

We generally do not update bans retroactively with rule changes, so this should be irrelevant.
Hence why I said "for future reference".
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #527658

Appears to be just an inconsistency between the ban and the note;

Ban:

Note:

I think the easiest solution is to edit the note to make it inline with the ban. Though as the original banning admin is no longer an admin it has to be OK'ed by the heads/game master.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #527723

Don't worry about doing simple corrections like that that are just typo mistakes, especially if the banning admin points out that it was a mistake that needs to be corrected. The note has been fixed.