Deepwoods
Byond Username: Deepwoods

[Imsxz] Deepwoods - An apology for gross stupidity

Post by Deepwoods » #526505

BYOND account: Deepwoods
Character name: William Moore
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: 4[22:17:01]Deepwoods/(William Moore) (Space (215, 120, 7)) (DEAD) "get banned in style." 3[22:16:57] Deepwoods/(William Moore) (Space (215, 120, 7)) (DEAD) "Fuck it" 2[22:16:55] Deepwoods/(William Moore) (Space (215, 120, 7)) (DEAD) "Gonna go to Charlie grab all the weapons, come back, and mow down some changelings" 1[22:15:37] Deepwoods/(William Moore) (Research and Development (112, 98, 2)) (DEAD) "I'm going to go to charlie station, get the weapons, and come back shooting" appeal when you grow up and learn to channel your anger into something productive rather than griefing. after the above logs, took all the charliestation spawners and suicided with each of them, then logged off. Clearly needs some time away from the game, has anger outbursts that influence their behavior in game with an extremely negative impact on the experience for other players.
Time ban was placed: 2019-11-20 22:25:43
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 124098
Your side of the story: I raged, ranted in DEAD chat, and then committed mass suicide as every member of the Charlie Station crew after getting my traitor round cut short via 3-4 changelings working together to box me in and body me to death in maintenance. Despite making empty threats I in no way attempted to physically interfere with the shift occurring on the station proper. I regret my actions as well as my own mediocrity, not simply because I was penalized for them, but because of the negative impact they had on the experience of others. My stupidity led to my death that shift, and my stupidity continued onward leading to this ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've taken the ban as an opportunity to step away and steady myself and have made sure to delay any thought of making this appeal until I had served at least a full 24 hours for each suicide. I do not intend to repeat this mistake.
References of good conduct: I've been chilling out in Discord for the duration of this ban. I've attempted to use this time constructively. I was hesitant to make this appeal, but have been spurred on by the urging of others and a degree of confidence that I can act with propriety moving forward.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: [Imsxz] Deepwoods - An apology for gross stupidity

Post by imsxz » #526512

Apology accepted. Originally I was going to wait at least a month, but your conduct in discord combined with your clear regret for your actions in this appeal have convinced me otherwise. I’d like to thank you for how gracefully you’ve taken the ban as well - I can think of a lot of other players that would have just cussed me out over it or caused a lot of drama. I won’t be able to lift it personally until tomorrow, I’ll bug some online admins to unban you. If you aren’t unbanned when I’m back at my computer I’ll lift it myself, feel free to ping me a few times if it seems like I’ve forgotten to do it.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Imsxz] Deepwoods - An apology for gross stupidity

Post by Hulkamania » #526965

Friendly reminder that being as honest as possible about your conduct and the ban that took place is the best way for it to get handled quickly and efficiently on the appeal side.