Appeals which have been closed.
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

[NecromancerAnne] RobustAndRun - Banned for cocoa

Post by RobustAndRun » #526631

BYOND account: RobustAndRun
Character name: Salami Rigatoni
Ban type: regular + Botanist ban
Ban length: 3-day + permanent, respectively.
Ban reason:
Time ban was placed: See above.
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 124798

Your side of the story: I grew meth/bath salt tomatoes, but then some admin began fucking around with tools and made the entire station into catbeasts. I thought it'd be lovely to mass produce throwable cocoa.
A security officer began destroying my glowshrooms, so I told her to back off and she refused. I threw one at her and she beat me before disposaling me.
She came back later with a welder tank to destroy them - I threw a drug tomato (no cocoa) at her, she caught it, and threw it back at me while I got her with another one.

The following ensues:

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've logged hundreds of hours as a botanist, having a spat with one person who was destroying my shit doesn't count as targeted grief. I made the throwable cocoa to throw at metagangs far before the digg post. Nobody else got hit with the cocoa that round.
I should also add that nobody was critted. The drug tomato certainly caused addiction and vomiting, but many ate those voluntarily that round.
Last edited by RobustAndRun on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Re: [NecromancerAnne] RobustAndRun - Banned for cocoa

Post by zero the big boy » #526632

hi yes i'm that cat you threw the cocoa pod at and the reason i was destroying the glowshrooms was because i so humbly refer to them as "eyerape lagshrooms", i can't confirm wether or not they cause lag but i do know they hurt my eyes

i originally ahelped just to ask if i'd get lynched for destroying the shrooms and was told i can do it if they're out of the hydroponics bay, so, i do that and get cocoa podded and just whack you twice with two (nonharmies) stun batons before tabling and disposaling you and was about to leave it at that, i go and cure my nausea via sitting in medbay and eating that one drug that i think reduces the nausea, and go back to my hall cleaning before realizing they're fucking everywhere (here is exactly as to why i hate glowshrooms as much as i do) and see you pop out of botany

i ask you to throw another cocoa pod because i saw someone purrbation'd you (apologies if it was the mass purrbation button i was a cat so i couldn't tell) and wanted to catch it and throw it back at you to be funny, you of course throw the drugmatos and give me some pretty nasty brain damage, a second one would've actually caused me brain death according to the health analyzers, so during the cocoa pods and the memematos i was also ahelping to check if i could escalate to just smacking you, but after the glowshrooms had already spread i basically gave up with that

necromanceranne popped in at some point during the cocoa pods and then took notice because there's been multiple tickets, bans, and notes in past rounds about people metagrudging cats with chocolate shit so :shrug:

either way i'm just sharing my side of the story in greater detail or something so people don't have to log dive as much(?)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #526636

Hi, not addressing this entirely just yet but some of what you said sounds almost verbatum for shit in this post https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ebs_angry/, which was one of the earliest posts for organized botany based cat grief and since it's posting has resulted in a large influx of people doing basically the same thing. Many not even hiding their intent at all and just admitting this is what they're doing.

The fact that you even went as far as to say it's your specialty is hilariously reminiscent of this post here.

This isn't you. I know who this is. But if you've had the very unfortunate timing of your once special, unique cat griff tool being hijacked by an entire subsection of redditors than you truly are shit out of luck.

EDIT: Also this includes a permanent chef ban. Because the concentrated effort also includes chef players using cocoa and I have a strong feeling you'll try and sneak that past me.
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #526642

NecromancerAnne wrote:Hi, not addressing this entirely just yet but some of what you said sounds almost verbatum for shit in this post https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ebs_angry/, which was one of the earliest posts for organized botany based cat grief and since it's posting has resulted in a large influx of people doing basically the same thing. Many not even hiding their intent at all and just admitting this is what they're doing.

The fact that you even went as far as to say it's your specialty is hilariously reminiscent of this post here.

This isn't you. I know who this is. But if you've had the very unfortunate timing of your once special, unique cat griff tool being hijacked by an entire subsection of redditors than you truly are shit out of luck.

EDIT: Also this includes a permanent chef ban. Because the concentrated effort also includes chef players using cocoa and I have a strong feeling you'll try and sneak that past me.
I can't deny I've seen the post - what I am saying is that two permajobbans and a 72h for throwing pukey fruit at an admin's catgirl character is excessive.
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #526651

RobustAndRun wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:Hi, not addressing this entirely just yet but some of what you said sounds almost verbatum for shit in this post https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ebs_angry/, which was one of the earliest posts for organized botany based cat grief and since it's posting has resulted in a large influx of people doing basically the same thing. Many not even hiding their intent at all and just admitting this is what they're doing.

I can't deny I've seen the post - what I am saying is that two permajobbans and a 72h for throwing pukey fruit at an admin's catgirl character is excessive.
hey i really didn't mind but i also find catgirl bullying hilarious if i was in charge this'd at worst be a warning for distributing the death tomatoes

edit: chocolate's been nerfed to absolute dog shit so it takes literally hundreds of units to do any sizeable damage other than some puking so at worst like this was a couple minutes sitting and vomitting
really i feel like a perma is too much for this especially considering everyone was on mass purrbation so cat bullying was to be expected but i'm not the one that placed this ban so i can only suggest and propose input
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #526773

posting this as new evidence has come to light, this user was actually the redditor who posted the guide encouraging grief in the first place

/u/Obamajuana

the original post: https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ebs_angry/ rehost incase it gets deleted
a post by the same user: Image
that picture, rehosted because it might get deleted: original / rehost

you'll note in that image the round is 97019: (src, statbus, scrubby)

as the user is clearly a borg, and the only borg talking in local as seeen on the right is H0NKB0T, I don't think it's a stretch to say this is that user. Combined with the fact that there is an odd coincidence in this user getting caught in the same pattern posted by the user who posted an image which includes their character.

Hence /u/Obamajuana is most likely RobustAndRun

this is reinforced by the fact he didn't defend himself in discord at all when this revelation was noticed in discussion-general at approximately 00:33 on 2019-12-1 on the discord server
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #526861

lol
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #528460

Don't be a dumbass and encourage grief on the servers and then expect to not get banned for griefing on the servers.