[themidnightrose] Vandanna - Note Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Vandanna
Byond Username: Vandanna

[themidnightrose] Vandanna - Note Appeal

Post by Vandanna » #527538

Given there were no formatting rules for Note Appeals, I hope adapting the ban appeal formatting is acceptable?

BYOND account: Vandanna
Character name: Nessa Bethany
Note Severity: Medium
Note reason: In round 125146, they got a polymorphed cleanbot to emag another borg, then killed the borg when it was upset about being flashed and emagged.
Time ban was placed: 1:10-ish EST, I think?
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil-1
Round ID in which ban was placed: 125146
Your side of the story: First of all I am really, really sorry I missed the admin’s message. Between lots of post round chat, being driven around Centcomm, and thinking the noise that I heard must’ve been a Byond message, I didn’t see the message. I had to leave literally right after to go to the bank to get my rent check, so if the admin tried to contact me again I probably missed that too. I’m very sorry. So, to try and lay out the full course of events, I had a pAI in this round that asked to be placed into a clean bot, then asked to let a magic carp polymorph it into a borg, specifically a syndie mediborg. Once it was this, it dragged me onto its back and I pretty much let it do what it wanted. On the shuttle, it emagged another syndie mediborg, then complained that the other borg wouldn’t listen to it. I wasn’t sure how that was handled, so I just agreed it was kind of dumb. When the shuttle suddenly errored out to Early Launch, my borgo claimed that the other borg must’ve emagged the shuttle for hijack, which given the other thing that had happened, seemed reasonable to me. So, when my borg suggested we kill the other borg, I agreed. I trusted it, because it had been a good companion. I honestly didn’t mean any malicious intent, and don’t think my borg did either, and am sorry for missing the message and making this more complicated than it needed to be.
Why you think your note should be amended: I made a mistake, but I did not intend anything I did maliciously nor did I have direct control of many of the actions described.
References of good conduct: N/A

I’m very sorry for the trouble, I wish I hadn’t made this more complicated than it needed to be. That was not my intent.
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: [themidnightrose] Vandanna - Note Appeal

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #528361

I mostly did the note to get your attention after the fact since you missed the initial bwionking I did on you. While you are correct that most of the actions you did were not in your control, I will remove the note the next time I am at my computer.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: [themidnightrose] Vandanna - Note Appeal

Post by Karp » #529214

The relevant note appears to be removed. Resolving.