BYOND account: BrokenHeadPVP
Character Name: Ivan Sokol
Ban Type: Server
Ban Lenght: Permenant
Ban Reason:
Time ban was placed: 2019-12-21 08:46:04
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 126258
Your side of the story: I spawned as a bioweapons scientist on lavaland when to experminet with some chems, however i had to leave somewhere asap because of IRL reasons and before i went to the chem lab at the start i saw a bridge and cap gloves and some equipment stolen so due to the syndicate lavaland base text in the spawner menu stating that the base needs to be prevented from falling into enemy hands i decided to start the self destruct sequence. when i was reading the ban reason a couple of hours later the admin who banned me claimed that i only had 800mins or 13.3h of playtime eventhoug last time i checked i had athleast 5x or more times than that .it was probably just showing the total playtime on terry, because i used to play alot on the event hall. the admin also claimed that i had 2 large scale grief notes however the last time i checked the admin notes tab i didnt see anything of that nature there for me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because i belive that the admin who banned me used some false information to justify it however i woud be perfectly fine if the ban was reduced to 1 week.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [FloranOtten] BrokenHeadPVP

Post by bobbahbrown » #530089

Relevant links: (src, statbus, scrubby)

This player inhabited the ghost role at 8:23 UTC~ and armed the self destruct at around 8:42 UTC~, so about after 20 minutes of being in the role.

Code: Select all

[2019-12-21 08:23:19.241] GAME: brokenheadpvp/(Jamie Hill) Client brokenheadpvp/(Jamie Hill) has taken ownership of mob Jamie Hill(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Syndicate Lavaland Dormitories (189, 80, 5))
<snip>
[2019-12-21 08:42:44.160] GAME: brokenheadpvp/(Jamie Hill) has primed a self destruct device at Syndicate Lavaland Primary Hallway (201, 78, 5) for detonation (Payload: large bomb payload). (Syndicate Lavaland Primary Hallway (200, 78, 5))
It does appear the lavaland base was boarded by the crew just prior to or during the very first minutes of BrokenHeadPVP being on-board that base. The player who we have evidence of being on the base was James Ningle, the shaft miner.

You will note below that Android in crew/(James Ningle) re-connects, and hence we get the helpful message showing us that he was present in the cargo bay of the lavaland base around 8:25~ UTC.

Code: Select all

[2019-12-21 08:25:33.965] GAME: Android in crew/(James Ningle) Client Android in crew/(James Ningle) has taken ownership of mob James Ningle(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Syndicate Lavaland Cargo Bay (202, 88, 5))
[2019-12-21 08:27:57.604] SAY: Android in crew/(James Ningle) (priority announcement) "hello crew, sadly comms down but I would like to give you syndie gear from lavaland at medbay" (Bridge (107, 134, 2))
...the admin who banned me claimed that i only had 800mins or 13.3h of playtime eventhoug last time i checked i had athleast 5x or more times than that...
I can't speak for the admin in question but it may be helpful to consider they may have been referring to your time as a ghost role, or that specific ghost role.
brokenheadpvp

Post by brokenheadpvp » #530094

i think that it also might have had to do with the fact that the servers got downed some time ago as an admin on discord told me
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #530096

I'll unban you. Please don't disconnect immediately after you do something like self destructing, as it makes you unable to defend yourself.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!