PrinceThespian
Byond Username: CataChaos

Lazengann (CataChaos) The Captain who ruined Christmas

Post by PrinceThespian » #530227

BYOND account: CataChaos
Character name: Thes Pian
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: As Captain on round ID 126401, cut down the Christmas Tree and pinned it on lawyer Kat Green, who was then executed by firing squad for ruining Christmas. This is considered poor behavior, please appeal on the forums at your convenience.
Time ban was placed: 2019-12-23 03:00:51
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 126401 is when the Ban note says this occured. Ban wasn't placed till 126405
Your side of the story: So I cut down the Christmas tree. I haven't played in a while, and I wanted to see what would happen. Kat saw me do it and tried to get me lynched. So in order to save myself I told Security it was in fact her who did it, and that she should be DETAINED. They took it upon themselves to firing squad her. I IMMEDIATELY went and cloned her. She had gone SSD by that point though.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
1) She had called me out in an attempt to get me lynched.

[2019-12-23 01:04:27.308] PDA: Uomo91/(Kat Green) (PDA: lawyer PDA to Everyone) "Attentions all crew, the Captain just ruineds christmas by destroyings tree." (Atrium (139, 164, 2))

[2019-12-23 01:04:32.510] SAY: Tyranicranger4/(Solara Morris) "Lynch hour" (Brig Control (203, 134, 2))
[2019-12-23 01:04:38.319] SAY: Xlink97/(Jeremy Thompson) "LYNCH CAP" (Robotics Lab (146, 74, 2))
[2019-12-23 01:04:42.159] SAY: Murderban/(John Lackey) "can we lynch the captain please" (Genetics Lab (162, 79, 2))

[2019-12-23 01:04:24.963] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Kat Green just cut down the christmas tree" (Port Bow Maintenance (141, 179, 2))
[2019-12-23 01:04:28.153] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "detain them" (Port Bow Maintenance (141, 179, 2))

2) I never cosigned her being executed. This isn't expressly true. I misremembered. My apologies. I let security execute someone who was SSD, and completely unresponsive. That being said I still cloned the person, and left them afk in a corner. Should they have desired to come back. In fact in that same round I made it clear to security they were not to execute ANYONE without my express approval.

[2019-12-23 01:18:05.600] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "You need my approval to kill anyone. If you guys murder prisoners ill have to demote you" (Central Primary Hallway (166, 148, 2))

3) Upon finding she had been executed I Immediately went and cloned her.
References of good conduct: I have nothing but my time on TG. I don't really talk to people outside of game.

Edit Ban wasn't placed 4 rounds after, but the next round. I was confused as to how the rounds were logged.
Last edited by PrinceThespian on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 14 times in total.
PrinceThespian

Re: Lazengann (CataChaos) The Captain who ruined Christmas

Post by PrinceThespian » #530228

I sincerely doubt its possible to get this overturned within the day that my ban is. So I'd like to make it clear I am appealing the note(s) that this would have caused to be placed on my account.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #530230

PrinceThespian wrote:Kat Green saw, and immediately reported me on general comms trying to get me Lynched. So in order to save myself...
Nope...

Code: Select all

01:04:24	SAY	CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Kat Green just cut down the christmas tree"
01:04:27	PDA	Uomo91/(Kat Green) (PDA: lawyer PDA to Everyone) "Attentions all crew, the Captain just ruineds christmas by destroyings tree."
I sent the PDA message because I saw you blaming it on me coming from a mile away, and as clearly evidenced above you had in fact already done so BEFORE I even managed to type and submit the PDA message.
PrinceThespian wrote:...I told Security it was in fact her who did it, and that she should be DETAINED. They took it upon themselves to firing squad her.

01:08:24    SAY    AbominationBanisher/(Saul Goodman) "oi, firing squad"
01:08:28    SAY    CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Sure"
01:08:29    SAY    CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "do whatever"
Here is you watching an execution that you caused, from conception to it being finished, and approving of it. You were standing next to security the entire time. There are also say logs of you saying you were going to surgically remove my ears and tail.

01:07:20	SAY	CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Im gonna remove their ears"
PrinceThespian wrote:I IMMEDIATELY went and cloned her.
Yes, how charitable of you to clone me after pinning a lynchable offense on me, and lying about it, as a head of staff, then overseeing my execution.
PrinceThespian wrote:She had gone SSD by that point though.
I had no further interest in playing in a round where people believed I had ruined Christmas gifts.
PrinceThespian wrote:Why you think you should be unbanned:

1) She had called me out in an attempt to get me lynched. Its not like I blamed it on some random cook.
2) I never cosigned her being executed. In fact in that same round I made it clear to security they were not to execute ANYONE without my express approval.
3) Upon finding she had been executed I Immediately went and cloned her.
1) False, there are also say logs of me seeing you trying to chop it down and asking you to stop, before you then did and blamed it on me.

01:03:11    SAY    Uomo91/(Kat Green) "STOPS"
01:03:17    SAY    CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "dont worry"
01:03:18    SAY    Uomo91/(Kat Green) "Don't ruins christmas."
01:03:22    SAY    CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "I wont"
01:04:24    SAY    CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Kat Green just cut down the christmas tree"
2) Also false.
3) Don't care, and you did not "find that I had been executed", you watched it happen in front of you.

Want to maybe try again from scratch here?
PrinceThespian

Post by PrinceThespian » #530235

Thank you for reminding me of the PDA message Kat. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't find the logs. I had thought it happened on general comms.

01:08:24 SAY AbominationBanisher/(Saul Goodman) "oi, firing squad"
01:08:28 SAY CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Sure"
01:08:29 SAY CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "do whatever"
[2019-12-23 01:08:41.645] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "clone em after tho" (Prisoner Education Chamber (216, 161, 2))
This is the full strand of dialogue. I opted this route because 1: You were unresponsive, and 2: they wouldn't let me take you. They kept dragging you away from me. I figured this would be the quickest route.

So 1) Is not false. But I suppose 2) is. My mistake. I forgot about that exchange. I let them "kill" you because I thought you were SSD. I had you cloned, and left you set up just as you were should you decide to come back. But it doesn't entirely discredit my argument. What I did was not ban worthy. This entire thing was an in character dispute. You tried to get me lynched. I deflected. Apologies for misremembering something that I didn't think was going to come back and become something bigger. Maybe if you didn't go SSD at the first sign of conflict this would have never happened? You could have tried to talk to security, and if you hadn't been SSD when I arrived I would have never let them execute you.

Also, as a side not me saying I was going to remove your ears was my excuse to take you back to medbay and let you go. Security just wouldn't let me have you. Then as I said since you were unresponsive I decided to let them do whatever.
Last edited by PrinceThespian on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #530238

PrinceThespian wrote:Thank you for reminding me of the PDA message Kat. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't find the logs. I had thought it happened on general comms.

01:08:24 SAY AbominationBanisher/(Saul Goodman) "oi, firing squad"
01:08:28 SAY CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Sure"
01:08:29 SAY CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "do whatever"
[2019-12-23 01:08:41.645] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "clone em after tho" (Prisoner Education Chamber (216, 161, 2))
This is the full strand of dialogue. I opted this route because 1: You were unresponsive, and 2: they wouldn't let me take you. They kept dragging you away from me. I figured this would be the quickest route.

So 1) Is not false.
...It literally is? YOU cut the tree down, and YOU blamed it on me. Intentionally. There is so much evidence plainly showing this it's not even funny. You do not get to approve my execution because I tried to clear my name of something YOU lied about me doing, denthead.
PrinceThespian wrote:I let them "kill" you because I thought you were SSD. I had you cloned, and left you set up just as you were should you decide to come back.
Also, again, false. You handcuffed me when I came out of the cloner, and left all my things including my ID laying on the floor of genetics, then dragged me into a brig cell and left me there the rest of the round. Are you going for a record breaking attempt at number of times lying in an appeal?
PrinceThespian wrote:But it doesn't entirely discredit my argument.
Yes it does.
PrinceThespian wrote:What I did was not ban worthy.
Yes it was.
PrinceThespian wrote:You tried to get me lynched.
No I didn't.
PrinceThespian wrote:Apologies for misremembering something that I didn't think was going to come back and become something bigger.
Yeah no, the logical conclusion here is not that you were "misremembering" this round, but that you aren't aware how much is in fact visible in logs.
PrinceThespian wrote:Maybe if you didn't go SSD at the first sign of conflict this would have never happened?
Perhaps if you didn't grief other players as a head of staff you wouldn't have gotten banned to begin with. And perhaps your appeal would go better if you had offered an honest apology instead of spinning a web of bullshit. But I guess hindsight is 20/20 huh?
PrinceThespian

Post by PrinceThespian » #530242

Hi. So once again I will offer my apologies. I did mis remember the fact about letting security kill you. It wasn't an intentional lie. I appreciate you remembering every detail that happened that round down to specific lines of dialogue. But as I talked to a bunch of people that round, and our exchange was brief in the grand scheme of things I didn't remember every minute detail. I readily admit I was wrong however.

I am also not trying to say I didn't blame it on you? You flat out told the entire crew I did it. Of course I was going to take steps to not get lynched.

As for your rebuttal of me handcuffing you. Well Yea. I did. I didn't know if you were gonna come out of the cloner fighting, or try to run away.

[2019-12-23 01:17:06.370] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "Kat" (Chief Medical Officer's Office (176, 79, 2))
[2019-12-23 01:17:08.644] SAY: CataChaos/(Thes Pian) "You in there?" (Chief Medical Officer's Office (176, 79, 2))

When I realized you were STILL SSD after being cloned I just left you. You were alive when I left you. You may have still been handcuffed. Sorry. But I wasn't paying much attention after seeing you just werent there.

Again I am sorry for misreporting facts at first. It isn't a case of trying to lie. I know what the logs show. I look at them often when I play after the rounds are over. Anything I said falsely has been corrected, and I am truly sorry for it. It was human error, not deception. Our exchange took place over minutes in what was a 2 hour round. I played atleast 3-4 rounds that day.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530246

Ordering someone detained and letting them be killed for something you did is no good so the day ban sticks. Especially when you have the authority to prevent it as Captain.

Due to previous history of sub par behavior as command roles I stuck a command role ban on, I set that length to permanent so we'd have a chance to talk at each other. I'll ask a few other admins as the day goes on for their opinions regarding the role ban and the length and get back to you before the eastern USA's day is over.

I think everyone here is wise enough that I don't have to explain further why this behavior is inappropriate in roles of authority. By the way the situation is pretty hilarious it's a fun thing to be banned for.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530247

It's like you were the villain from a kids cartoon Christmas special episode
PrinceThespian

Post by PrinceThespian » #530250

I am disappointed you don't see things my way, but I understand. I hope you take into account regarding the command role ban that It has been months since my last note, and the fact that 1) I had the person cloned, and 2) the person was SSD at the time into account. Thank you for your time, and apologies that it had to be spent like this
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #530252

I don't find your apology very sincere or moving at this point, and it is clear as day to me your intention -from what you did in game all the way to this appeal- was to do something mean and rulebreaking to me and then spin things in your favor "misrember" events that you had not only witnessed firsthand but directly caused yourself.
Your defense has whittled down to "I cloned them after" (whoop-de-fucking-do) and claiming that I tried to get you lynched... for doing a lynchable thing... which the logs show you did specifically to blame on me...
Which, even if we take your perversion of what actually happened at face value, does not give you the right to ruin my round and have me executed, or even merely imprison me. If you as a non-antag kill Ian and somebody tells the crew that you did it, they do not become valid for you to kill or have executed, and "I cloned them after" excuses exactly nothing. That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen said in this section of the forums, and that is not a statement I make lightly.

The day ban is appropriate and not harsh, the note is not in any way inaccurate, and honestly I would love to see you or anyone else who takes sec/head roles just to be a shithead to people with impunity catch an extended vacation from being able to play them. It seems like we don't have much else to discuss here and I'll stop replying, but in summary I'd like if this note stayed on your record as is.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530255

The above post is fair by the way I think I'd sound like that if I wasn't laughing about how it's the plot to a crappy cartoon where a kid gets mad and knocks over the tree and pins it on another kid, and then spends the episode feeling guilty until he comes clean and everyone becomes friends and realizes the true meaning of Christmas,
Except instead of the kid feeling guilt and fessing up he has the other kid executed by firing squad
PrinceThespian

Post by PrinceThespian » #530261

Kat. I am sorry you feel the way you feel. But to be clear I am not apologizing to you. I still think I was in the right. That being said being told I am wrong by an admin puts me in the wrong. I apologize to the admin/the community for being in the wrong. That apology is sincere. I cannot apologize to you, as that would not be sincere. Which is why I haven't done so. I would greatly appreciate if this post could be locked now. There is nothing further to add, and Kat doesn't understand the difference between personal insults/peanut posting, and adding anything of worth. Kat I was never appealing your feelings, and I could not care less if you forgive me or not. Apologies.

Once again I apologize to the community. I am sorry for my actions as they placed me against the rules. I own up to it, and accept whatever punishment I receive.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530262

If you think you were right then the fuck are you apologizing for
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530263

You should be able to lock it from the drop down to the bottom right of the most recent post by the way
PrinceThespian

Post by PrinceThespian » #530264

Lazengann wrote:If you think you were right then the fuck are you apologizing for
Wasting time mostly. And I was directly in the wrong for letting them execute her. However she wasn't even at her keyboard when it happened, and was SSD. When they would have gotten back (if she ever did) she would have been cloned and alive. So while my actions were wrong in letting her be killed, she didn't suffer much from it. So, while I feel remorse for breaking the rules, I find it hard to be sorry for barely inconveniencing her when she couldn't be bothered to finish roleplaying it out.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530265

No man listen, once you're pegged as the grinch that ruined christmas, that round is OVER, you're already a dead man it's just a matter of time until the christmas crusaders lynch you. This is the core of why what you did is wrong
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #530266

PrinceThespian wrote:
Lazengann wrote:If you think you were right then the fuck are you apologizing for
Wasting time mostly. And I was directly in the wrong for letting them execute her. However she wasn't even at her keyboard when it happened, and was SSD. When they would have gotten back (if she ever did) she would have been cloned and alive. So while my actions were wrong in letting her be killed, she didn't suffer much from it. So, while I feel remorse for breaking the rules, I find it hard to be sorry for barely inconveniencing her when she couldn't be bothered to finish roleplaying it out.
I was at the keyboard the entire shift, waiting for a supportmin to come help. There are say logs clearly showing me in the brig trying to explain that I was innocent and that you framed me, which you and sec obviously just flat out ignored. I went Do Not Resuscitate after the execution was carried out because as I already stated, I had no interest in playing in a shift in which I had been wrongly executed for breaking and depriving people of a fun thing that they like.
But hey, on the bright side, we can also conclude that if I had let myself be cloned, I could have looked forward to you losing all my things, including my ID, and leaving me handcuffed in the brig for no reason.

Keep digging, dude.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530267

Turns out he can't lock it himself, I'm hitting the button for him because this is just a public roasting at this point, I'll make a final ruling later.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530325

Just as a note, this is the last thing Kat said followed by the time she died.
01:06:36 SAY Uomo91/(Kat Green) "I already told you the captain did its."
01:10:38 EMOTE Uomo91/(Kat Green) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless...
You said she was SSD but you didn't even give her five minutes, when I have to take a dump mid round you better believe it's longer than that but I don't eat any vegetables which probably contributes.

I lowered the length of the role ban, you'll be unbanned right in time for Mardi Gras. Things that factored into the length:
-Previous history with command roles
-The weird insincere apologies
-The fact that you still don't see what you did wrong
-Me looking at the lengths of role bans other admins have made
-I thought banning you until another holiday would be funny

Thanks for coming to appeal, and also for committing the offense in the first place as it's brought some more enjoyment into my life.