Forum Ban Appeal - Iamgoofball - Banning admin is Nervere

Appeals which have been closed.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Forum Ban Appeal - Iamgoofball - Banning admin is Nervere

Post by iamgoofball » #530746

BYOND account: Irrelevent because forums ban, but see profile for ckey.
Character name: Irrelevant
Ban type: Forums
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: Long history of rule 6 violations - Despite innumerable warnings and bans for this rule and others, your behavior has not improved. Most recently, created digg thread for forums drama.

Time ban was placed: Apr 27, 2019 11:28 am
Server you were playing on when banned: Irrelevant.
Round ID in which ban was placed: Irrelevant.
Your side of the story:
Just to head this off at the pass, no, Nervere, I will not be communicating with you in private. If you make any attempt to contact me in private, any messages or audio conversations you send me will be posted here immediately with no other response. Yes, I am legally allowed to record whatever you try to tell me as per my state's laws on single-party consent for recording electronic conversation. Be smart.

I posted a link to a ban appeal on digg that I felt was handled poorly by the involved headmin. It gained little traction.

Nervere, the admin who banned me, proceeded to post the thread himself. See this thread.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190504032 ... 55&t=22482
I archived it on archive.org since I know that the NTR hut deletes threads after like, a week of inactivity.
I made some dumb posts here that I regret, and after taking some time off after this ban I proceeded to become a leftist, stop being a colossal douchebag, and move on with my life.

I've done a lot of shitty things. I expect people to pull out said shitty things to get me with a gotcha and use it as evidence that I shouldn't be unbanned. I will instead apologize for those things as they come up and are posted, as I feel guilt for my actions in the past. They hurt people, either intentionally or unintentionally and I feel awful that I did that.

The Ban itself.

I'm here today to explain why this ban is not only illegitimate, but why Nervere didn't place this ban with honest intentions.
I am NOT justifying my posts in that thread. They were awful posts and I had a shitty outlook on life at the time. I apologize for those. However, the ban is still illegitimate, because the bans were not about these posts. The ban was because Nervere saw an opportunity to get a spotlight once again for banning me.

The first thing to note about this thread is that Nervere was the one who posted it. They, in a sense, set up the scene. They knew I would come to defend my digg post.

The second thing to note is that the digg thread itself lapsed into death well before Nervere found it and reposted it on the forums. For someone claiming to hate digg so much, he must of really been digging around on digg to find that post. But, that's just a theory. A forums theory.

The third thing to note is that this was posted in the NTR hut. A subforum which rapidly deletes threads when people stop posting in them. Almost like Nervere wanted the evidence of all of this to automatically cover itself up. Unfortunately for him, I have more than two brain cells and archived it for when I could appeal the forum ban.

Finally, let us get to the meat of the ban. Admins shifted the goal posts when I protested this obvious bullshit of a ban, and told me it was for my general "drama causing" history. I would like to note, as of this post, Nervere himself is actively claiming that it is "not okay" to be banned "because people attack him[Shezza] with drama".

Nervere took my digg post onto the forums, and actively tried to make it a drama thing. He even put "drama" in the title. He took a failed digg post and tried to boost it's visibility while claiming I was the one responsible for making a big thing out of it. My only actions were to post on digg and shoot MSO a DM about checking the logs on the original ban incident. We did, and it turns out the situation was an edge case that wasn't actually logged, so there was no way for an admin to really make an accurate ruling on the issue, but since the user kept fucking up the appeals process they got shitcanned anyways. I no longer think wubli should of resigned.

Arguments for the ban from the administration at the time, and debunks of these arguments.

Now, one could argue that "drama" is a bannable offence. Except that I was doing something that MSO explicitly laid out was perfectly okay, and in fact, should be expected!

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 91#p422891
To quote MSO:
At the end of the day when we fuck up players should be mad and they will naturally want to talk with each other about how mad they are and want to voice and express how bad we fucked up to our faces while encouraging other players to do the same because there is safety in numbers and there is no practical distinction from this and rabble rousing.
This is literally normal behavior for being in a community. When something you don't like happens, you complain about it, and safety in numbers allows you to present your complaint without getting fucked over by the people you're complaining about. In my case, my complaint was dumb, and so people didn't agree with it and it got below zero karma and dismissed by digg's algorithm.

Now, you could say because I posted on digg, this nullifies that. I disagree. After all, a large chunk of our userbase actively posts on digg. Everyone knows this. After all, at least some /tg/station players saw it. How else would Nervere have seen it? Unless, perhaps, he was stalking my posts or something.

I mean, that'd be a weird thing to do and I doubt it, so I assume that he was just reading digg normally like normal people do. Although, the post was at zero karma, so it shouldn't of shown up on the front page, or the second page, or really most the pages. That'd mean Nervere reads digg enough to have seen it when it was posted originally.

Seems odd for someone claiming to hate digg so much that they banned "multiple people" based on them posting on digg.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191225111 ... 50#p527985

I suspect these people were sacrificed to make his ban on me more legitimate looking.

But, unfortunately for Nervere, you can paint a facade all you want, but the second someone looks at it from the side, the illusion falls apart. I hope these people come forward so we can get them unbanned too.

Now, this raises an even more interesting. Why did he wait to post the thread until well after it had tanked to below zero karma and was therefore invisible as per the algorithm?

I'll stop pussyfooting around and get to the obvious conclusion of all of this. Nervere used this thread after seeing it during his regular digg reading as an excuse to ban me, and get the spotlight back on themselves for having taken out a high profile player who he knew would cause a stink about his ban.

I didn't contest the ban at the time as he had allies in the administration who backed his plays. Since he's been ousted and demoted to purely being a forums warrior who fails the first rule of ban appeals, apologize for your shitty actions instead of tripling down, it's clear he no longer holds the power he once did, so I feel safe posting this appeal finally.

Nervere the Narcissist

Now, with my ban thoroughly debunked, we must go to why Nervere is an untrustworthy individual aside from the obvious evidence of his abysmal conduct and shoddy reasoning in regards to this ban.

Nervere is a crook and a charlatan. They are a narcissistic manchild obsessed with being omnipresent in the community. They strive to keep the attention and the spotlight on them at all times. They've demonstrated this in their ban appeal. In fact, let's take a look at this ban appeal.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 35#p525434
The very first thing we see, upon entering this ban appeal, is Nervere insisting he was innocent and committed no wrongdoing. He then tells us about how he intended to break the rule against handling bans in private, and namedropped the admin that he claimed was responsible for properly abiding by the rules and regulations on appeals.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 35#p525599
An administrator, when going to retrieve case relevant logs, expressed their shock at Nervere deleting literally everything between the two's correspondence. Nervere immediately replies that he wanted to delete personal information, but if he really wanted to do that, surely he would leave all the case relevant information behind and just delete the compromising messages, yes?

He then proceeds to commit the most obvious case of ban evasion I've ever seen since we had that one guy join, get banned, them immediately evade on an account that was the same name as his last one but with the number incremented by one.

Upon being asked why he does this, he immediately asks the administrator to enter a private voice call with him to "verify his identity". For obvious safety reasons, and the fact this once again falls under the rule against resolving bans privately, something that we enforce to avoid obvious corruption issues, the administrator refuses.

He then proceeds to double and triple down as more and more evidence is posted that no, those byond accounts aren't actually used on /tg/station and are obvious alts. Then someone chimes in with evidence of him using that Bobah account before he made his Nervere account.

Plapatin proceeds to them tell him to fuck off forever.

This entire appeal shows that Nervere legitimately thinks they have done nothing wrong, and they spent the entire appeal period instead of self-reflecting, choosing to try to drag administrators into personal conversations.

They then proceed to peanut post in their ban appeal peanut thread in the NTR hut, keeping it bumped, active, and not deleting. He wants the spotlight to stay on his ban appeal, and by proxy, him. They used Shezza's appeal to do the exact same thing. Additionally, we must talk about Shezza.

Nervere and Shezza

They continue to attach to this community like a cancerous leech alongside the toxic entity that is Shezza, otherwise known as Wilchen in this community. They've gone by both names here.

Nervere shoved piles of evidence I sent him and the rest of the administration team, including MSO, under the carpet.
The evidence showed Shezza harassing multiple members of the community
The evidence showed Shezza blackmailing children into recording clips of them saying stuff and putting it on soundcloud.
The evidence showed Shezza taking to DMs and telling community members to kill themselves in private, insisting that "nobody loves them" and that no one would miss them if they were gone.
The evidence showed Shezza plotting metagaming on servers.
The evidence showed Shezza bragging about having stalked and found the personal twitter of an administrator without consent.
The evidence showed a few administrators having full knowledge of these events, such as Beesting12, as they were present in the discord where this was being organized and conducted, along with actively commenting on and laughing at the antics of Shezza. Those administrators never reported it themselves.

Nervere didn't act on any of this evidence. In fact, afterwards, he tried to use an administrator position that he himself had set Shezza up with as an excuse to UNBAN him.

I have no idea why Nervere shackles himself to the sociopath that is Shezza. It makes zero sense. Perhaps their shared hatred of morality allows them to bond as friends. Why Shezza hasn't thrown Nervere under the bus for quick laughs, and why Nervere allows Shezza to steal the spotlight from him, I will never know. But it is the only confusing element to all of this. They actively shoot eachother in the foot in their support of eachother. It's both the funniest thing and the saddest thing about all of this.

This evidence will not be posted in this thread unless by the victims themselves or the NEW head administrators I have sent the evidence to. It contains information that could identify the victims and I don't want them harassed by Nervere and Shezza for this.

When I sent this evidence to Nervere's headmin administration, nothing happened. Shezza was not blacklisted.

I sent this to our current headmins and they wondered why the blacklist hadn't already happened and why they hadn't been informed of this at all despite multiple admins and ex-headmins knowing of it.

TL;DR
Nervere made a shitty dumb ban so he could get attention, quadrupled down on it, then proceeded to powertrip and ban a bunch of other people for being digg posters.

Basically, you know Scarface? He watched that, got to the bit with the Tony Montana Success Montage, but then stopped watching before the finale of the movie where Tony's hubris was his downfall. Now he just sits around on the forums angry posting about how we don't let his obvious bullshit ban evasions fly and acts offended that we see through his pathetic charades to get his friend Shezza unbanned. He let his perceived power get ahead of him, and he fell out of graces with the community and the rest of the administration team.

I suspect they will lock ranks once more to contest this, but Nervere's shaming and removal from the team is already a matter of public record. I hold no ill will against the administration of right now. I only have a beef with Nervere for being a horrible, horrible individual who throws logic, justice, and reasoning under the bus to advance his own narcissistic goals.

To those of you who were also banned by Nervere for bullshit reasons, come forward and appeal. You have my support.
Last edited by iamgoofball on Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Forum Ban Appeal - Iamgoofball - Banning admin is Nervere

Post by Shezza » #530777

I don't even know why you're including me in your ban appeal as i'm completely not involved but lets call you out on your bullshit.
iamgoofball wrote:The evidence showed Shezza harassing multiple members of the community
The evidence showed Shezza blackmailing children into recording clips of them saying stuff and putting it on soundcloud.
The evidence showed Shezza taking to DMs and telling community members to kill themselves in private, insisting that "nobody loves them" and that no one would miss them if they were gone.
The evidence showed Shezza plotting metagaming on servers.
The evidence showed Shezza bragging about having stalked and found the personal twitter of an administrator without consent.
You're a lying sack of shit who exaggerates what happened for the sake of somehow saving your own skin, you are a spineless coward with no morals yourself.
You constantly try to play yourself off as morally superior to everyone else.
I'm actually not sure if you actually believe the stuff you're saying here or you're just plainly lying.
Here's a reality check for you

1. If not being nice to some people is "harassement" then you are guilty of this more than me, you've successfully driven off several people from the community all by yourself. You've actually tried to rally digg against Wubli because of a decision you didn't like. https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ing_a_ban/
2. A 16-17 year old is not a "child" and jokingly asking them to "shill for catgirls" is not "making them record stuff and put it on soundcloud". Stuff you claim happened never actually happened so fuck off.
3. If you have any proof of this happening more than once then go ahead. As far as I know it didn't happen to multiple "community members".
You were also banned from the /tg/discord for telling multiple people to kill themselves, no doubt the reason behind your discord account being banned from discord is because you've told people to "hang themselves" in other places aswell.
4. If you mean the silly "citadel safari" where we would all go to citadel and laugh at shitty OC's then you should've also said that Literally everyone knew it was a joke and not actual raid/metagaming, Citadel didn't even ban me for doing this.
5. I've cleared the situation and its not like you're portraying it here. I will not say publicy what happened but none of it was malicious. You make it appear as if i "doxxed them" while they were an admin, which is quite far fetched from reality.

I am still not sure if you're a pathological liar that tries to gaslight people
karp on discord wrote:He said he was being doxxed when someone pulled up his digg post
on his linked digg account
he tried to gaslight people into thinking that he was somehow being doxxed and that there was no day they could figure it out unless they doxxed him
or you actually believe the shit you spill.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #530784

The evidence will not be posted here publicly for they contain sensitive information and I'm not going to burn the victims because you wanted to damage control.

I'm not arguing the nuts and bolts, because the nuts and bolts don't matter for your involvement in this. What matters is Nervere shoving it all under the rug.

What matters is that by me refusing to throw everything on the table here and show you my hand, you don't know what all I've sent to the headmins. You don't know what specific incidents, how many, or which ones I didn't mention. This makes you afraid. I know it does. This is a situation where you don't hold the controls, and you don't like it. Go ahead, feel free to burn every card you've got to try and fuck with me, or get me to back down. It isn't going to work.

You're demanding the proof so you can try to damage control. I'm not going to damage control, and I'm not going to give you the opportunity to do so. Go face your demons in another thread.
Shezza

Post by Shezza » #530792

iamgoofball wrote:*snip because its pointless garbage*
You're demanding the proof so you can try to damage control. *snip more garbage*
If you're claiming something then you have to provide proof.
Unless you only wanted to harass me by defaming me, like you did multiple times in the past.

below: goof telling people to hang themselves
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #530799

Unfortunately for you, I'm still not providing any tools for you to damage control with. You don't get the logs. The headmins get the logs. You are not a headmin, as much as you wish you were because of the control it'd afford you over others that you so desperately crave.

As for those logs? Yep, they happened. It was incredibly fucked up for me to tell people that shit, and I regret it heavily because of the hurt it inflicted upon others. Tons of sexist slurs. Telling people to kill themselves is messed up. Posts like that are why I had to take a deep, inner look at myself, and change my ways. Now? I'm happier with myself, stopped being in the closet, and now lead a much more happy and productive life. Leftism can help you, comrade. Embrace it. Stop hating others for their gender identity, sexuality, race, or any other facet of their being you can look for to judge them upon.

People can change, and those posts are proof of a shittier past version of myself I've left abandoned on the side of the road like a plastic bag filled with McDonalds wrappers.
Shezza

Post by Shezza » #530808

iamgoofball wrote:*snip*
Very nice of you to apologize to public instead of the people you've been harassing.
Its almost as genuine as the act you've put on.
Liar.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #530813

All three headmins at the time, plus MSO, went over your retarded dossier on Shezza. We all agreed it wasn't actionable.
Anyway, I'm celebrating Christmas. I don't have time to read this essay of a spergout. From a quick skim-through though: maybe acknowledge your faults instead of saying your ban is because I'm evil?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #530820

Gee, nice job not only
1. Not reading the post
2. Being ableist and using slurs
3. Not realizing that as proven time and time again, any decision regarding shezza involving you as an administrator is suspect. Please, continue to be willfully ignorant. It doesn't help your case.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #531040

The ban reason is
Long history of rule 6 violations - Despite innumerable warnings and bans for this rule and others, your behavior has not improved. Most recently, created digg thread for forums drama.
placed on Apr 27, 2019 11:28 am
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #531043

Thanks, I'll edit that in. Thread might disappear for a moment because of post approval.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #531096

iamgoofball wrote:Thanks, I'll edit that in. Thread might disappear for a moment because of post approval.
That is not how that works
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #531102

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:Thanks, I'll edit that in. Thread might disappear for a moment because of post approval.
That is not how that works
Unless post approval got changed, edited thread OPs make the thread disappear until the edits get approved.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #535670

As it stands right now, the headmin team has voted on this and we've elected to keep the ban in place.

While your history with Nervere and Shezza may be what it is, the ban was never put into place for that sole reason. Regardless of what his motivations may have been at the time for seeking out your digg post, or his personal feelings toward you, I can speak as a headmin of that term that it was mutually agreed upon to be the course of action we wanted to take.

As it stands to your ban now, the fact that you've chosen to focus primarily upon this conspiracy theory of ideas you've put together, your personal view of one of the headmins during the banning term, and the involvement of another individual who isn't really relevant to this particular ban appeal I nor any of the other headmins can really say that you've reflected upon the time gone with anything other than bitterness and that you've learned little.

If you had expressed something resembling genuine want to improve, perhaps this thread would've gone differently. As it stands now, the way you've tackled this appeal is nothing other than a microcosm of the exact sort of things you were removed for to begin with.