BYOND account: deedubya
Character name: still can't have one lol
Ban type: FNR post approval
Ban length: who knows
Ban reason: good question
Time ban was placed: probably today
Server you were playing on when banned: the forums
Round ID in which ban was placed: not applicable
Your side of the story: Tried to edit a post I made in FNR and noticed someone put me on post approval.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have a single (somewhat deserved) warning for peanut posting from two months ago. Apart from that, I recently made a questionable post in goof's appeal where I basically wanted to remind him to try and stay on topic rather than attempt a character assassination. Apart from two minor examples in my entire posting history(one of which didn't even warrant a warning), every post I've made in appeals/complaints has been peanut-compliant. Pointing out inconsistencies, rules, precedents or lack thereof, while also making an honest effort not to inject my personal opinion into such posts. This ban was made with no warning for seemingly no reason with nobody to answer for it.
References of good conduct: basically every post I've made in FNR as a whole
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: [an overzealous jannie] deedubya - post approval

Post by peoplearestrange » #531513

You have a deleted post for peanut posting in a thread within this month (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24987). Whilst it might not have been warned for directly you are still breaking the forum rules, even whilst on post approval.

EDIT: You also have a deleted, but unwarned, post in this thread as well: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25009. Again you're not listening to the forum rules
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #531527

I already admitted that the post in goof's thread was borderline at best. Well intentioned, but probably a bad case of backseat modding on my part. That one's my bad.

However, I know for a fact that every single post I made in the schute topic was peanut compliant. Posts were only made to point out facts and inconsistencies between the judgement and the rules as posted, and I refrained from injecting my personal opinion on the matter as much as possible, only attempting to be informative and factual. If the content of the posts are still available to forum mods/admins, I'd recommend you pull them up and review them versus the peanut policy as posted.

Also, the person responsible for the ghostban still hasn't come forward to take responsibility and explain their actions.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #531538

(Total number of posts in ban appeals: 28) - (Posts in which you are the appellant: 14) = (Posts in which you are uninvolved: 14)

(Posts deleted for peanut posting: 6) ÷ (Posts in which you are uninvolved: 14) = (42.8% of your total uninvolved posts are peanut posts.)

deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #531544

The presumptive to that data is that every deleted post was actually violating the rules, and not a moderator/administrator overstepping their bounds - and that every post that did violate the rules was malicious or non-borderline in nature. I can speak from personal experience that the first is most certainly untrue, and that the second point is likely true as the moderators have only seen fit to issue an official warning for one of my supposed 28 posts in this forum. Which means only one out of 14 posts in uninvolved topics was poor enough to warrant corrective reinforcement by the administration, which has since been heeded and adhered to.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #531797

Speaking as a moderator:

- It doesn't matter if your post was malicious or not, if they are off-topic in FNR they will be removed
- It is presumptuous to assume every post deleted was an evil moderator with no grasp of the rules out to get you, and not just you breaking those rules
- Yes, you only got one warning, but that's because we usually only give one before applying post approval
- Also important to note, warnings are applied inconsistently because generally it's easier to delete an off topic post than to warn and ban the user, so doing that is generally saved for egregious repeat offenders
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #531986

PKPenguin321 wrote:- It doesn't matter if your post was malicious or not, if they are off-topic in FNR they will be removed
fair
- It is presumptuous to assume every post deleted was an evil moderator with no grasp of the rules out to get you, and not just you breaking those rules
I never said every post deleted was done in error or in bad faith. But given my first hand experience on the matter, I have sufficient reason to believe that the majority were. If I had access to the deleted posts, I'd link each one and let the evidence speak for itself. Unfortunately, due to the nature of deleted posts, it's not really possible to do so. Although, I'll use the most recent example to support my case: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 87#p530881
I have three posts total in this topic. The first and third were deleted...but the second post literally contains the entirety of both deleted posts. The second post was a repeat of the first with a more clear tone, and the edit of that post is a repeat of the third, to clear up what I was specifically referencing since I was clearly taken out of context. If there is no issue with the second post(there isn't, it references rules and precedent in a good faith attempt to correct proceedings, and contains no opinion whatsoever) then there was also no issue with the first and third posts, as the content is mirrored in the second.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #532580

Since it's been about a week without an admin explaining or even taking responsibility for this unjust action, I'd like to request a headmin come remove the ban, and also investigate into who was responsible and discipline them accordingly. This is incredibly shifty behavior from whoever was responsible, dropping a ban with no notice, no reasoning, and no defense.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #533053

The overzealous jannie in question you you are seeking responsibility from is me and the headmins as a whole. You have repeatedly been a headache throughout the ban appeals forum between constantly appealing the same note that's been denied (and you created a complaint about) to a large amount of peanut posting. In fact, being put on post approval didn't even stop you from continuing to peanut post as I'm told moderators have denied posts after the punishment was put into place.

You seem to be more of a visual learner, so I have produced and edited a small video for you, hosting courtesy of qbmax's youtube.

[youtube]f8_3A5MOGUk[/youtube]

Your appeal is denied.