Appeals which have been closed.
Hajduk

[FatalX1] Hajduk - Two day ban

Post by Hajduk » #531658

BYOND account: Hajduk
Character name: I do not remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason:As a chemist, threw lube grenades and then used lethal syringes on the people who came after him, and then ahelped after he was killed by security, two people died from your actions and this is a horrible mix of kill baiting and ban baiting
Time ban was placed: 28/12/2019 22:03:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed:126811
Your side of the story: So the round started and i got the chemist role, on the previous round i saw somebody saying in OOC that syringes with napalm/phog/CT were a really powerful weapon, so now that i had the chemist role i decided to try it out, i created all chemicals that it required and took a medical belt filled it with syringes containing the incendiary mix, i went to the geneticist and asked if he could give me a humanized monkey for me to conduct my test on, he agreed and gave me the humanized monkey, i brought it to the chem lab and fired the syringes at it from a syringe gun, the mix worked really well and i was satisfied with results so i decided to keep rest of the syringes to use after the round ends, then i went back to the geneticist and took his monkey cubes, he chased me to my lab and then threatened to destroy it, i though it would be funny so i made some lube foam nades, i gave one of them to the clown and i kept the other two for myself, i threw one of the nades inside of gene lab as a prank for the geneticist that threatened to destroy my lab, then i ran off to security bridge and threw one lube nade inside to prank security, security guards then all ran towards me and started beating me instead of arresting me, i barely escaped because they slipped on lube, i ran to the second chemist lab where i wanted to seek refuge, while i was on my way there the geneticist that i pranked and one security guard started chasing me, it was just us three inside of the secondary chemistry lab area, i was out of options because i used up both of my lube nades so i used what i had at hand and those were the incendiary syringes, i shot both of them once with the syringes and ran away, after that i had no idea what happened to them but i suspected that they survived by resisting the fire or by using fire ext, the shuttle was about to leave so i ran to it and then while i was inside two guards started beating me to death with clubs, i died and in confusion i ahelped because i knew that i was not an antag.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I am relatively new to SS13 and tgStation13 server in general, i have started playing recently, and this was a situation where i did not know how to act accordingly because i knew that space lube nades were not against any rules but security was still killing me, so my first instinct was to defend myself with what i had at hand, i did not try to deliberately kill anybody trough the whole round and it was purely my lack of knowledge, i am asking if this could be overlooked and if my ban could be revoked, i promise to put more thought in my actions next time, its better for me to die with my current knowledge than to possibly cause more trouble in game.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Hajduk - Two day ban

Post by Fatal » #531662

Alright, because you are a new player who is learning, I'l reduce this by a day

All I can suggest is that you don't use lethal weaponry to defend yourself in future, and if you do make lube grenades and throw them around, the likelihood is people are going to come and club your skull in, so unless you want that to happen, you're better off not using them

Unfortunately two people did die during this round from your syringes, if you do kill someone you should make an effort to revive them