Appeals which have been closed.
WheatleyGames

[Delaron] WheatleyGames - Bootlegging, Uploading, Banning

Post by WheatleyGames » #531679

BYOND account: <WheatleyGames>
Character name:<John Doe>
Ban type: <Server>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <During round 126838 secret extended uploaded the following law with the context being seemingly drunk racist? [2019-12-29 02:15:47.255] LAW: WheatleyGames/John Doe used 'Freeform' AI Module on hooper87/(Remove Catgirls.exe) from Service Hallway (146, 113, 2). The law specified Felinids, Lizardpeople and Moths are not human and must be terminated.>
Time ban was placed: <2019-12-29 02:15:47.224>
Server you were playing on when banned: <Sybil>
Round ID in which ban was placed:<126838>
Your side of the story:<I was making bootleg hooch in the back room of botany, and I went to grab some bottles when I found someone had built an AI upload console in the room. I decided to jokingly add the law because the AI's name was "Remove Catgirls.exe" I didn't really seriously believe anything would happen, because all the times anyone's ever uploaded a law like that to the AI, the AI has rarely initiated a station-wide purge. I wanted to play a joke round and I took it too far, that's what I thought at least.>
Why you think you should be unbanned:<I really enjoy playing on /tg/station, and I have had countless hours of fun playing as different roles, surviving disasters, fighting off cultists, riding around on a skateboard with a leather jacket, backwards baseball cap, cigarette, while playing Castlevania music on an Electric Guitar. This is why I got Space Station 13, because of how detailed it was, because there wasn't anything like it, because I wanted to have fun. I'm sorry that I get carried away sometimes, I just want to be able to play my favorite game again.>
References of good conduct: <I've played on Goonstation for a long time before joining /tg/station, without any bans or warnings in all the time I've played on it. I've also played on the Fallout 13 server "Desert Rose" because it was one of the few Fallout 13 servers, if you need more than the Goons to vouch for me. Probably nobody remembers me on those servers since I didn't do anything noteworthy.>
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Re: [Delaron] WheatleyGames - Bootlegging, Uploading, Banning

Post by delaron » #531715

I understand the idea of humor being attempted here but that doesn't exonerate you from the fallout of the uploaded laws. I also have to ask why you didn't see to correcting the situation once the non human races were being ignored and then removed?

Please tell me how this made it more enjoyable for your play experience as it put your fun over that of the other players. If in hindsight you feel this was the incorrect move, please explain what you are willing to change for future play to be more community play minded. If none of these apply to your current mindset then please elaborate why this is the case and what value you bring to the community by holding said opinion.

In the end I am looking at a 1 day per death ban but depending on your take away and input that can be adjusted.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
WheatleyGames

Post by WheatleyGames » #531776

To be honest, I'd be alright with a one day per death ban. I understand that I messed up, and I didn't rectify the situation because I didn't think it was a problem at the time.
What was I thinking? I wasn't thinking, to be honest. I was just acting without any sort of end goal in mind, and I'm sorry if I ruined other people's fun. I'll take the day-per-death ban.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #531941

Adjusted to a 3 day ban as discussed.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.