[phuzzylodgik] calbloxs - still a better story than twilight

Appeals which have been closed.
freddygamer777

[phuzzylodgik] calbloxs - still a better story than twilight

Post by freddygamer777 » #531753

BYOND account:calbloxs

character: davis summy

ban and length type: 3 days

reason for ban: "playing as antag and having found himself killed during round #126920, became an asimov borg and immediately set out to take revenge on the person who killed him in their previous life, eventually beating them into crit just before the round ended"

time and date of ban: 4:58:06

server where ban happend: Basil, ban id: 44971

side story: Ok do I really need to defend myself here? Because Im pretty sure the reason I was banned mostly explained everything, No? ok then, Ill just add a few extra details to what happend.
1. I was killed in robotics
2. the dude who killed me is oskar who happend to be captain during this round
3. before my final confrontation in the escape shuttle i fought the captain in the med hall for a while but didn't kill him out of fear of getting banned and also partly because the escape shuttle had arrived
4. I made a post on digg about this and one user said "completely based admin, the utter state basil is in is beyond repair. clearly no wrongdoings whatsoever from the events described. asimov revenge killing in second life is clearly within the bounds of rules any self respecting server applies, so says hippie."
5. i was killed with a syringe gun which was probably filled with poison or something like that
6. after the round was over I quitted the game and after a few hours came back and got the messenge

why i think my ban is unfair: Like I said before Do I really need to explain myself here? because 4. might be all the reasoning I need to explain myself here

What value I can bring back: Like I said in my last appeal: Im just a normal SS13 player who's just trying to have fun playing the game. but because of this ban im probably on my last nerve and if this appeal is denied, Ill just take it with a massive bag of salt, and if I get banned again IM LEAVING.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: [phuzzylodgik] calbloxs - still a better story than twilight

Post by Agux909 » #531777

This listing won't be discussing each of your points but rather listing what you did wrong (given ban reason and the contents of your appeal itself):

1 You died, then became something else (in this case a borg). Given your actions against the same person that killed you in your previous life, you metagrudged, which is against the rules.
RULE 1 precedent 4:
Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.
2 You became an asimov, so unless you were AI-less, harming a human goes against asimov laws. Breaking asimov laws (and to metagrudge no less) is against the rules.
2b even if you were AI-less, this doesn't immediately enable you to beat someone to crit without any IC reasoning, this is being a dick, which is against rule 1.

3 This isn't digg nor hippie station, please follow the rules and expected behavior of the server you're playing on. The argument "someone said this is bullshit and its allowed in x server" is completely irrelevant and doesn't help your case.
freddygamer777

Post by freddygamer777 » #531811

I thought the 3 wrong things I did were actually good evidence. sooooo... is my appeal fucked?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #532085

"Do I need to explain myself here?"

Yes, this is the subsection literally built around you explaining yourself so that the admin reevaluates the situation and determines if your ban needs to be kept or not.

To ensure this doesn't come across as a peanut, please fill out all forms of the appeal seriously if you want the appeal to be taken seriously. The people looking at it can't read minds so probably best to avoid making assumptions since that difference of mindset is how you're now not able to play the game for the next couple of days.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #532093

While I was logdiving just now hoping to knock out my reply prior to this evening's festivities, you ban evaded using the account "freddygamer7771."

Both accounts have been permabanned in accordance with our ban evasion policy.

This appeal is denied.

You are welcome to appeal again in 365 days.