[Peoplearestrange] I don't remember the name - Wrong guy banned?

Appeals which have been closed.
zampon

[Peoplearestrange] I don't remember the name - Wrong guy banned?

Post by zampon » #536067

BYOND account: Zampon
Character name: I don't remember
Ban type: Server?
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, for another user of this computer or connection (Billy Pilgrim) is banned from playing here.
The ban reason is: As a non antag made a "Eloba/aids" virus and then released it on the crew. Harming a few and
killing many others. Then attacked ERT and left before I could talk to them. Probably a troll. If not explain yourself
on the forums. This ban (BanID #44978) was applied by Peoplearestrange on 2019-12-30 18:14:11 during round ID
126959. This is a permanent ban.
Time ban was placed: 2019-12-30 18:14:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 126159
Your side of the story: No other user is playing from my computer. There is a name in the ban "BillyPilgriim" never seen that before nor used it. Allegedly I made a virus as a non antag role. I don't play as a virologist and I don't know how to make a virus.I don't even remember playing that day. I just came back from a break just to see that I have been banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is a mix up? You banned the wrong guy?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Peoplearestrange] I don't remember the name - Wrong guy banned?

Post by bobbahbrown » #536098

Do you use a VPN?
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Post by NamesAreHard » #536114

I'm guessing you're either using a VM or a pirated version of Windows, as you seem to share the same ckey as 129 other people.
zampon

Post by zampon » #536200

So there is no other way to tell that it was someone else?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #536226

Not that I know of if you're using a pirated version of windows. I'll have to check with the coders/server host as this is a bit above what I know.

EDIT: Looking in to it it seems you have unique, non VPN addressees. Which would probably show that you are a different player to the one banned. Can I ask which country you mostly play from? If you don't feel comfortable saying this publicly you may PM it. I'll do some more digging in the mean time
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
zampon

Post by zampon » #536322

Greece
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #536334

NamesAreHard wrote:I'm guessing you're either using a VM or a pirated version of Windows, as you seem to share the same ckey as 129 other people.
Windows does not assign IPs. I also dont think that VMs change what public IP you have. If it isnt a VPN then that means he is sharing a router with 129 other people somehow.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #536338

Critawakets wrote:
NamesAreHard wrote:I'm guessing you're either using a VM or a pirated version of Windows, as you seem to share the same ckey as 129 other people.
Windows does not assign IPs. I also dont think that VMs change what public IP you have. If it isnt a VPN then that means he is sharing a router with 129 other people somehow.
this is a misunderstanding on how bans are maintained, they are not limited to ip addresses. there are many pieces of information tied to a ckey. what pas said is completely relevant.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #536342

bobbahbrown wrote:
Critawakets wrote:
this is a misunderstanding on how bans are maintained, they are not limited to ip addresses. there are many pieces of information tied to a ckey. what pas said is completely relevant.
I was attempting to sepearte the CID - CKEY via IP, to ensure that the CKEY isn't related to an actual banned player. I don't want to go too much into detail to prevent abuse of how bans are upheld though.
Either way im pretty convinced this person isn't related to the bans. I'll try to unban you now.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
zampon

Post by zampon » #536461

peoplearestrange wrote: I'll try to unban you now.
Worked. I am now unbanned. Thank you.