SmokingsSquirrel
Byond Username: SmokingSquirrel

[Vekter] Smokingsquirrel - Banned for "Captain" Suicide

Post by SmokingsSquirrel » #536327

BYOND account: Smokingsquirrel
Character name: Jonah Gibson
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Smokingsquirrel) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Disconnected as Captain without notifying anyone. Comes after suiciding a few weeks ago as HoS. Please make sure to let us know if you need to leave as important role. This ban (BanID #45305) was applied by Vekter on 2020-01-17 15:34:31 during round ID 128379. The ban is for 1 day and expires on 20202-01-18 15:31:31 (server time).
Time ban was placed: 2020-01-17 15:34:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 128379
Your side of the story: Borg and an assistant constantly broke into bridge, and as HOP, not captain, I tried to defuse that and chased after the Assistant with the actual Captain. After this was done, I, the HOP, entered the AI upload with former notification and wanted to change a law to not allow people without clearance into the respective apartments they should have no access to. I was accompanied by a janiborg and stated my visit several times via Command channel as HOP. AI, for the reason that i flashed the assistant and hit him with a hanzo steel once because I picked it up and might have been too slow to change off it in my hands. While I do understand the AI's reaction on that part, it insisted on letting me in and then stunlocking me with its turrets. Captain in the meantime was afk or not vigilant enough to respond to my help calls in the command channel, and after I was refused to leave the Upload by the AI, i suicided.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I take this 1 day ban, because it is stated I shouldnt suicide as HoS. I accept this and it is totally reasonable and fair, but I want to clarify that I was not the captain, but HOP. Yes, I had captain's access, but this did not make me captain because we had an actual captain on the station, and as far as I know, giving myself captain access with an actual captain on board is no meta reason to think I am actually a captain. Now this might have been an oversight which I won't judge or condemn because these things can happen, but in case you log or take notes, I do not want to be known as a suiciding captain when I was actually HOP, and I want to state that I do understand that HOP is also an important position you shouldnt just leave, but given the ingame situation I ended my life as only way out because I had no help.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Smokingsquirrel - Banned for "Captain" Suicide

Post by Vekter » #536379

Nah, you're good. I mainly wanted to make sure you came back and explained the situation. I'll lift the ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you