[Vekter] Nezerette - Banned for protecting myself from shitsec

Appeals which have been closed.
Nezerette

[Vekter] Nezerette - Banned for protecting myself from shitsec

Post by Nezerette » #536590

Nezerette
Dick Johnson
Sever Ban

Reason: "Ordered the Sec officer to leave his department as QM because he insulted him, then set off a thirty minute bullshit-fest involving him ordering guns to prevent Sec from arresting him for trapping the sec officer in his office. Grow up, dude."

Time: 2020-01-19 14:08:02
Round ID 128506

Sever: Manuel

My side: The sec officer (dominik something I forgot) essentially refused to roleplay with me as the QM when he walked into my department and said "stop being an autist". I asked him to remove himself from my department and he refused. I asked the captain to remove him from my department and he also refused. Then, I bolted him into his own office and was promptly arrested. None of that is an issue. a little disproportionate but I have no complaints at that end.

I threatened that I would Bolt him in again as soon as I served my jail sentence. Another officer without access to my department (maddox something) Comes into my department in FULL RIOT GEAR and goes into the office, I tell them to leave, then the riot geared officer walks up to me then says "2 meters get back" Then proceeds to arrest me for not backing up. The same officer then refuses to charge me with a crime and hauls me cuffed around the brig for almost 30 minutes while the CE watches refusing to charge me with a crime or give me a timer for my arrest, then locks me in a cell for maximum sentence after making up "insubordination".

After which, fearing that security would continue to get in my way for the rest of my shift, I say I'm bolting myself inside my department for the rest of the shift so they can't interfere with me. To which, they spit roast me with disablers in full riot gear. Arrest me, then send me down the labour shuttle with no reprieve, ID or anything while the CE watches again. The CE breaks me out of the gulag and I return to cargo. Anticipating another full riot gear assault on my department for escaping the labour camp. I order lethals from centcom to fight off their raid on my department. To which I am perma'd (make sense, I did start a rebellion.)

So I did not order guns to prevent sec from arresting me for trapping an officer in his office. I ordered guns to prevent a full riot geared sec officer from sending me to the gulag for essentially no reason again.
I completely forgot the CEs name but they watched the whole incident and aggreed with me at every turn.

I think I should be unbanned or at least the ban amended to reflect the actual reason for me being banned. as the reason given is both inaccurate and does not make sense to me. Sure, I should've ordered energy weapons or disablers or even just accepted being perma gulaged with no ID or anything. But if they come at me with full riot gear after one offence I can't use energy weapons to stop them from there. "Grow up, dude." Makes no sense because I was the only one wronged in this situation. The only thing I may have done wrong is escalate a little too much. My entire shift was ruined because security decided to escalate much higher than I ever would have done.

I have only ever been banned on I think it was Sybil for OOC in ICC and giving the admin back talk for it. And otherwise I've played on Ausstation ever since it was launched without any admin issues whatsoever.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title formating
Mrhugo13
Byond Username: VonDiech

Re: [Vekter] Nezerette - Banned for protecting myself from shitsec

Post by Mrhugo13 » #536594

I was the CE, John Reginalds, that round and the entire story is pretty much straight, i can't say anything for the first thingy with bolting a sec officer inside of his office because i wasn't present at that time but i was present for the rest of the ordeal.

I was also banned similarly, however i did accidentaly kill Kat Green that round via depressurization that i didn't notice and of course a part of the ban was influenced by the guncargo thingy i helped the QM with a bit.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #536599

I was the HoS briefly this shift and arrived a little after the events themselves, but the CE seemed genuinely confused about Kat and people around the QM also told me ICly to go easy on him as they felt he hadn't been that out of line and had actually roleplayed the progression of events a fair bit. However, that's the extent I can vouch for this.
Nezerette

Post by Nezerette » #536611

Anyway, It's not like I particularly care about being banned for merely a day. I'll just keep playing like I have and always will do later, I just felt that being banned when I was the one that called for adminhelp because two members of security were actively antagonising me, acting arbitrarily and preventing me from roleplaying the situation simply because they had the guns and power which not only affected me, but the CE who felt the need to watch to prevent them from doing anything crazier than they already did and my entire department whilst they had to figure out what to do while I was being held by security for the entire round over bolting a door.

I feel like being told to "grow up" by someone who obviously didn't get the full story of the situation, who simply listened to both sides and decided that I was being immature when I was at least TRYING to roleplay the situation out as a cargo vs security conflict. Which, if security didn't burst into cargo with full riot gear nothing would've happened and I would have happily bolted myself into cargo like I planned and worked on our miasma farm on lavaland that I didn't get to help with at all thanks to the previously stated situation.

Anyways, the ban report is inaccurate and, in my opinion, unjust. But if the admins want to uphold the decision I don't mind as long as it reads properly as a proper out of control escalation of the situation rather than a infantile tantrum by a Quartermaster who doesn't want security interfering with them.

That's my two cents on the issue at least. Laters.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #536615

I was an officer in this round but mostly uninvolved until the brainlet CE killed me.
Nezerette wrote:My side: The sec officer (dominik something I forgot) essentially refused to roleplay with me as the QM when he walked into my department and said "stop being an autist".
Hmmm...

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/128506

11:57:25 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Senor security officer"
11:57:30 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Evening."
11:57:31 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "I wish to ask you something"
11:57:35 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "What's that?"
11:57:40 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Where doth thou allegences lie?"
11:57:46 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Nanotrasen."
11:57:49 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Ok"
11:57:52 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "But which comes firest"
11:57:53 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Security"
11:57:56 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Or Cargo"
11:58:06 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "The people."
11:58:11 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Then cargo?"
11:58:16 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Why are you dodging this question?"
11:58:18 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "If you don't break any laws."
11:58:23 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "I am, after all, your superior."
11:58:31 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "You're not."
11:58:48 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "You're in my department, you will answer to me"
11:58:54 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Fuck off."
11:58:59 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Then fuck out of my department"
11:59:01 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "GIve me that band"
11:59:10 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "I'm legally stationed here."
11:59:19 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "I am in charge of this department"
11:59:28 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Yeah, but I'm outside of your department."
11:59:33 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "I'm only here to enforce the law."
11:59:34 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "You're currently within it"
11:59:41 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Sure."
11:59:48 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Can you leave?"
11:59:51 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Didn't think so?"
11:59:56 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Give me that band"
12:00:02 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "And your encryption key"
12:00:06 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "No."
12:00:16 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Then learn your place maggot"
12:00:23 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Stop being an autist."
12:00:37 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "I am in charge of this department I will not take back talk"
12:00:47 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "If you wish to play this game I guarantee I will win"
12:00:54 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Buddy, I can talk however I want. Same as you. Being a prick isn't a crime."
12:01:02 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "But you're not my superior."
12:01:08 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "I will be speaking to your commanding officer give me a moment"
12:01:16 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "please keep an eye on that oficer"
12:01:23 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "If the QM drops by to complain, just pretend to entertain him."
12:01:28 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "He's being an idiot."
12:02:09 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "AI is there a head of security on the station?"
12:02:12 SAY Bluedin/(Derrick Townsend) "Can you search Jeremy Smith? Got a tip that he has a laser rifle on him."

At this point you both go your separate ways for a while, and you continue to raise hell about having him "demoted" to the Captain, precipitating mistrust in your intentions.
And then later you bolt him into the sec kiosk, and intentionally bolt sec (including the officer legitimately stationed there) out of your entire department, after explicitly telling them that's exactly what you were going to.
Then you're surprised you're arrested for it... And you then proceed to do what sec expected you had planned from the beginning, buy guns and revolt for no reason.

Very unsurprisingly, the logs clearly do not reflect your account of this evil sec officer "refusing to roleplay with you" and you getting bullied for no reason, they show him doing his job and you being a dumbass and shitstirring for kicks.
You cannot kick out a department sec guard for no reason, let alone the reason being you being a jerk who wants to flex on a security member who is just doing his job.
Mrhugo13 wrote:I was the CE, John Reginalds, that round and the entire story is pretty much straight, i can't say anything for the first thingy with bolting a sec officer inside of his office because i wasn't present at that time but i was present for the rest of the ordeal.

I was also banned similarly, however i did accidentaly kill Kat Green that round via depressurization that i didn't notice and of course a part of the ban was influenced by the guncargo thingy i helped the QM with a bit.
You, as non-antag, fullstripped me, welded me into an external airlock by the sec escape pod naked and without my ID/PDA (which you took with you) or a headset after I witnessed you fighting with another officer in the brig and tried to arrest you non-lethally, after the QM was broken out of the gulag and guns had been ordered, opened, and used on security with your explicit help. Even if I hadn't died to oxyloss, I would have been stuck there off suit sensors and with no way to communicate for just as long as it took them to find my corpse. It was like 30-40 minutes by the way. Kindly take your whining about your completely deserved self-antagging ban to your own appeal thread. Thanks and have a good day.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #536624

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:snip
Not sure if I'm peanutting but I kinda rescind my witness testimony after seeing these logs, holy shit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #536718

Yeah, no. You kicked off an hour-long bullshit fest between you and sec because you were harassing the assigned sec officer in your department and had zero sense to even consider thinking "Hm, maybe this is something that could easily be resolved by not being an asshole".
Anyways, the ban report is inaccurate and, in my opinion, unjust. But if the admins want to uphold the decision I don't mind as long as it reads properly as a proper out of control escalation of the situation rather than a infantile tantrum by a Quartermaster who doesn't want security interfering with them.
12:00:16 SAY Nezerette/(Dick Johnson) "Then learn your place maggot"
Appeal rejected. Take your time off to consider how you should be acting on an MRP server.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you