Rany_Rain
Byond Username: Rany_Rain

[FloranOtten] Rany_rain - Sec ban

Post by Rany_Rain » #537973

BYOND account: Rany_rain
Character name: Gannon Digson
Ban type: Job
Ban length: One Week
Ban reason: As a security officer, lockerwelded an assistant for shoving them during a chase. Cited the person they were chasing saying the person was their friend as reasoning afterwards. Please do not lockerweld people for shoving you, even if you suspect they were metabuddies.

Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall

Round ID in which ban was placed: 129206

Your side of the story:

Myself and the other detective were ordered to patrol by the HOS due to lack of officers.

Call came in that an engineer was running around with a stolen shotgun in his hand. https://imgur.com/a/eiqd7lE

While I was getting clothes at arrivals said engineer ran past me, so I pulled out my baton and began to chase, I first threw my baton at the suspect however to no effect, I picked up said baton and then Chrisato who was trailing the suspect the entire time attempted to disarm me. I then stunned and in combat, locked him in a locker to prevent his escape/interference.
https://imgur.com/a/neFLjTe

I then continued my chase and managed to stun john who then fired two rounds at me before I was able to fully secure.
https://imgur.com/a/JQyZhDO

I know for a fact John and Christato were and are friends due to his statement by john
https://imgur.com/a/OWfyMbz

After this, I traveled south of brig to go and collect Chrisato however all of primary hallway was on fire due to a plasma fire (and was much of the station) preventing me from brigging Christato/rescueing him.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Although logs unfortunately don't show the full picture there was a scuffle and quite a bit of movement throughout the situation. Chrisato was chasing me and as I was chasing John. As this was near enough round start, the antagonists were not yet known. So to have an engineer running around with a shotgun and a friend following him, it was left to be assumed. EDIT: Also to have an engineer at round start with incendiary shells only strengthened my assumption they were blood brothers.

Furthermore to have someone with a shotgun in their hand and me chasing them with a baton, it was a risky situation which led me to prioritize which suspect to brig first so I decided that the most important one to capture first and foremost, was the one with the shotgun.

My intention was to capture both and unfortunately due to a plasma fire, I was unable to retrieve the other engineer.

I feel like the ban is unjust due to circumstances which were out of my control, like not being able to go and retrieve the engineer due to plasma. Christato in my opinion had the clear intention of helping his engineering buddy shoot me/escape by attempting to disarm/push me into a wall during the chase, which made him also complicit with the other engineer. It didn't appear to me as if it was a random engineer trying to tide me due to him following/being with the other engineer, which my assumption was proven after the fact.
Rany_Rain

Re: [FloranOtten] Rany_rain - Sec ban

Post by Rany_Rain » #537982

I have just noticed something too. The ban reason states assistant, when in fact, Chris was also an engineer like John.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #538116

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/129206

08:14:54 ATTACK Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has threw and hit Chefblicker/(John Douglas) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 93) (78, 141, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:00 ATTACK ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) has shoved Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) (NEWHP: 100) (73, 142, 2) Port Primary Hallway - this is the first physical contact between Chisato and Gannon

Attacking security for shits and giggles is antagonistic behaviour and goes into the Rule 4 territory, since Gannon didn't kill nor round remove, then this would be an IC issue. Chisato played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

08:15:11 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "what the fuck" (85, 140, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:16 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "what do you stun me for?" (87, 139, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:28 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "???" (86, 138, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:17:37 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "HELP" (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:17:38 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "HELP" (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:25 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:49 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:51 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:51 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless... (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage

Not sure what happened here, but it doesn't seem to be the detective's direct involvement.

All and all, if Chisato had not pushed the detective and been doing his job like a good boy, he would have not been stunned and inconvenienced.

Rule 7 - Ban Baiting and Rule 10 - Losing is part of the game.
Rany_Rain

Post by Rany_Rain » #538125

Istoprocent1 wrote:https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/129206

08:14:54 ATTACK Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has threw and hit Chefblicker/(John Douglas) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 93) (78, 141, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:00 ATTACK ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) has shoved Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) (NEWHP: 100) (73, 142, 2) Port Primary Hallway - this is the first physical contact between Chisato and Gannon

Attacking security for shits and giggles is antagonistic behaviour and goes into the Rule 4 territory, since Gannon didn't kill nor round remove, then this would be an IC issue. Chisato played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

08:15:11 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "what the fuck" (85, 140, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:16 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "what do you stun me for?" (87, 139, 2) Port Primary Hallway
08:15:28 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "???" (86, 138, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:17:37 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "HELP" (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:17:38 SAY ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) "HELP" (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:25 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:49 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:51 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) gasps! (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage
08:19:51 EMOTE ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless... (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage

Not sure what happened here, but it doesn't seem to be the detective's direct involvement.

All and all, if Chisato had not pushed the detective and been doing his job like a good boy, he would have not been stunned and inconvenienced.

Rule 7 - Ban Baiting and Rule 10 - Losing is part of the game.
I couldn't of put it better myself. After reviewing the logs myself it appears as if he shot at me with beanbags which in turn must of ignited the plasma in the air. Interestingly there no chat logs between these friends.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #538147

Beanbags don't set things on fire, unless I am mistaken.

It could have been a number of things as well as any of those:

08:15:26 ATTACK Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has thrown the emergency welding tool (86, 139, 2) Port Primary Hallway

or

08:16:20 ATTACK Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has thrown the cigarette (85, 142, 2) Port Primary Hallway

---------------------------

08:19:51 ATTACK ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) has died (BRUTE: 0, BURN: 217.1, TOX: 10, OXY: 9.33333, CLONE: 0) (88, 137, 2) Port Emergency Storage

Even, if the fire was your fault, the engineer had it coming by disrupting an arrest or brigging of a dangerous criminal - becoming valid by aiding and abetting somebody who was using restricted or lethal weaponry against security.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #538166

The assistant deserved to get hit, but lockerwelding someone goes too far. The only evidence you had at that time of them being metabuddies is them working together. You can pull hindsight into things all you want (like the statement of friendship, or the no-talking logs) but that doesn't matter. Stunning, cuffing and lockerwelding someone takes long enough that it would have been possible to brig them, or barring that, bucklecuff them to a chair. A bucklecuff means that someone can be rescued in case of, say, a plasmaflood. If you have the time to stand still and weld a locker, you have the time to brig someone, or find an alternative. You are not, then, in a high intensity chase.

Having done some log diving, the post above is accurate and indicates that you intentionally lit the room on fire. Furthermore, given the plasmaflood started at:
20:09:43|| Mix to Distro was set to 4500 kPa by Odst117/(Jack Teller)

and the arrest was at:
[20:15:18] ATTACK: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has stunned ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) (NEWHP: 100) (Port Primary Hallway (86, 139, 2))

This indicates to me that you were not, in fact, planning to return to arrest them. I suspect there might have been plasma in the room when you stunned them, but I cannot prove this. Lying in ahelps, then your appeal, is not a good thing.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Rany_Rain

Post by Rany_Rain » #538174

FloranOtten wrote:The assistant deserved to get hit, but lockerwelding someone goes too far. The only evidence you had at that time of them being metabuddies is them working together. You can pull hindsight into things all you want (like the statement of friendship, or the no-talking logs) but that doesn't matter. Stunning, cuffing and lockerwelding someone takes long enough that it would have been possible to brig them, or barring that, bucklecuff them to a chair. A bucklecuff means that someone can be rescued in case of, say, a plasmaflood. If you have the time to stand still and weld a locker, you have the time to brig someone, or find an alternative. You are not, then, in a high intensity chase.

Having done some log diving, the post above is accurate and indicates that you intentionally lit the room on fire. Furthermore, given the plasmaflood started at:
20:09:43|| Mix to Distro was set to 4500 kPa by Odst117/(Jack Teller)

and the arrest was at:
[20:15:18] ATTACK: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has stunned ChisatoMoritaka/(Chisato Moritaka) (NEWHP: 100) (Port Primary Hallway (86, 139, 2))

This indicates to me that you were not, in fact, planning to return to arrest them. I suspect there might have been plasma in the room when you stunned them, but I cannot prove this. Lying in ahelps, then your appeal, is not a good thing.
Firstly, you are missing the point, metabuddies or not they were working together. One had lethal restricted weaponry and the other was following/assisting.

The evidence I have shown of them being buddies although in the hindsight does nothing more then prove my original point. I knew they were buddies due to the fact Chris was assisting John in his shotgun wielding shenanigans and following him and then attempting to help him escape.

Although you are correct, locker welding someone may take the same amount of time as brigging someone, my intention wasn't to use a locker as a substitute for brig. It was mid combat. The intention was to prevent Chris from assisting his friend shooting at me and to capture both of them. Furthermore to add to my point, on box station under gateway there are no beds/chairs, I did think of this, however there are lockers which acted as a substitute. And even more so, even if I did buckle them to a bed or chair under gateway it would've had the same effect as locker welding them. As you state "A bucklecuff means that someone can be rescued", you can still be rescued, you can quite easily pull a welder locker however I think discussing what if's takes away from the fact's of the situation, who's to say that if I created a chair and buckle cuffed him too it that he wouldn't of been rescued and died in the exact same way.

To summarize however, I did not have the intention of keeping him in the locker. This wasn't brash or random, it was calculated during a fight.

In the moment that I captured Chris there was no plasma in the corridor otherwise while I was welding them, which I would estimate takes around 5/10 seconds, I would've been lit on fire while doing so.
Had I intentionally lit the room on fire I would've ran or not remained in the room for around another minute afterwards.
From what I can see he died three ish minutes afterwards.

Fact of the matter is, if John didn't tide a shotgun round start as a non-antag and his friend didn't attempt to assist in his friends shenanigans none of this would've happened.

If you can prove that I am lying then feel free to do so, I believe you didn't take the time to look through logs correctly and decided to drop a week long job ban without investigation for whatever the reason may be.
Nothing you have said has proven anything apart from the fact that you are not acknowledging game mechanics, such as if there was plasma in the corridor me originally welding him would've set myself and him on fire.
Furthermore, you mention lying in ahelps, I would estimate you boinked me half an hour after at round end rather then dealing with the ticket as it came in. I fully explained myself over ahelps but you were argumentative which didn't help the situation. If an admin would like to post logs of the ahelps I would be more then enthusiastic.
EDIT: To add onto this you originally accused me leaving him for dead and that welder locking someone isn't acceptable behavior. If you are now accusing me of intentionally killing him, why didn't you do so originally half an hour after the fact when you had plenty of time to investigate it?

And for reference "08:16:20 ATTACK Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has thrown the cigarette (85, 142, 2) Port Primary Hallway" this was the default cigarette that detective spawns with, it was thrown so I could put on 02. EDIT: to add onto this, cigarette's also have a different def name; https://imgur.com/a/HvocaKL
Last edited by Rany_Rain on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #538180

I'm sorry for not understanding that you meant buddy rather than metabuddy. I was a bit misled by you claiming this in the ahelp.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Oh, his metabuddy had a shotgun and was shooting at me so I locker welded to make sure he didn't escape when I caught him, then I birgged his friend then fire happened
If you are capable of standing still long enough to weld a locker, you are capable of finding a chair, or brigging them. Mid-combat is typically not the situation where you can stand still and weld a locker shut.

Why did you need the oxygen? Was there plasma in the room? If so, isn't dropping a lit ciggarette a bad idea? And then, isn't it a bad idea to leave a potential prisoner in a room filling with plasma?

Due to our logging systems, I cannot conclusively prove that there was plasma in the room. But it seems curious to throw a welder and a ciggarette in a room you lockerwelded someone in, especially considering there was a plasmaflood being pumped into the distro for 6 minutes at this point.
Rany_Rain

Post by Rany_Rain » #538193

FloranOtten wrote:I'm sorry for not understanding that you meant buddy rather than metabuddy. I was a bit misled by you claiming this in the ahelp.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Oh, his metabuddy had a shotgun and was shooting at me so I locker welded to make sure he didn't escape when I caught him, then I birgged his friend then fire happened
If you are capable of standing still long enough to weld a locker, you are capable of finding a chair, or brigging them. Mid-combat is typically not the situation where you can stand still and weld a locker shut.

Why did you need the oxygen? Was there plasma in the room? If so, isn't dropping a lit ciggarette a bad idea? And then, isn't it a bad idea to leave a potential prisoner in a room filling with plasma?

Due to our logging systems, I cannot conclusively prove that there was plasma in the room. But it seems curious to throw a welder and a ciggarette in a room you lockerwelded someone in, especially considering there was a plasmaflood being pumped into the distro for 6 minutes at this point.
Gonna call you out here so I am sorry for any unintended disrespect.

Firstly, the cigarette wasn't lit as proven by logs and by this screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/HvocaKL and thus couldn't cause a fire. It was to put 02 on. The fact that you are attempting to frame this as me intentionally killing him is disingenuous
Because it was during a chase there was movement involved. When Chris attacked me John ran off.

As soon as Chris was locker'ed John ran back as seen here

[2020-01-29 20:15:26.837] ATTACK: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has thrown the emergency welding tool (Port Primary Hallway (86, 139, 2)) - my position when Chris was welded

[2020-01-29 20:15:44.915] ATTACK: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson) has stunned Chefblicker/(John Douglas) (NEWHP: 91) (Port Emergency Storage (86, 138, 2)) - my position when John ran back at me with the shotgun

[2020-01-29 20:15:46.624] ATTACK: Chefblicker/(John Douglas) has fired at [floor] with the beanbag slug from Port Primary Hallway (Port Primary Hallway (91, 141, 2)) - when John shot at me, notice the times.

How am I suppose to brig someone when there is someone running at me with a shotgun? I had two people in front of me. I can only pull one. He was there to be held while John was brigged first.

You attempting to frame this as if I lockered him, set fire to the room and ran away. This all happened within a 5x5 square. Me lockering him was the right call when his friend was actively looking to shoot me.
Why did you need the oxygen? Was there plasma in the room?
Had there been plasma in the room me turning on the welder would've set myself on fire.

I can't in detective gear run through a corridor of fire to retrieve Chris. This isn't a reasonable request or thought.

I believe you've fucked up and your attempting to frame this in a way that makes me look like a shitter. Its clear that you either actively didn't check logs and even more so are disregarding the logs in front of you.
Rany_Rain

Post by Rany_Rain » #538195

FloranOtten wrote:I'm sorry for not understanding that you meant buddy rather than metabuddy. I was a bit misled by you claiming this in the ahelp.

To add to this I want the entire ahelp log shown for transparency.

Correct me if am wrong you accused me of leaving him for dead and that locker welding wasn't acceptable behavior. You accusing me of intentionally killing him is a new accusation.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #538218

To be clear, this ban is still centrally about the lockerwelding. I'm entirely willing to lift this if you promise to improve. I'm merely pointing out that your reason for being unbanned are not holding water.

Ahelp log (taken from https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/event- ... 6/game.log):
[2020-01-29 20:42:39.392] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Hey, what happened with you and Chisato Moritaka?
[2020-01-29 20:43:03.761] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): I don't know? Can you remind me? Unless you mean Bill Ledczhuk (as Iantha Catleay)!
[2020-01-29 20:43:16.826] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): The person you stunned and, presumably, lockerwelded.
[2020-01-29 20:43:46.349] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Oh, his metabuddy had a shotgun and was shooting at me so I locker welded to make sure he didn't escape when I caught him, then I birgged his friend then fire happened
[2020-01-29 20:43:59.731] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Brigged*
[2020-01-29 20:44:55.632] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): He was pushing or attempting to push me while I went after his friend with the shotty.
[2020-01-29 20:45:06.266] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): While I had a batton out
[2020-01-29 20:45:36.036] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): That's hardly proof of metabuddying, and is not a reason to lockerweld someone until they die.
Our conversation continues into the next round (logs taken from https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/event- ... 9/game.log):
[2020-01-29 20:47:45.827] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain): I'm going to give you a weekban from security roles. Please improve your conduct while playing another role.
[2020-01-29 20:47:51.843] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): Let me reply
[2020-01-29 20:49:45.691] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): His friend was reported as running around with a shotgun as reported over sec comms and common, I saw him in arrivals and ran after with a stun batton, during this his friend started pushing me so I stunned him and placed him in a locker to prevent him from preventing me capturing the guy with the shotgun in his hand, I then caught his friend while he was fireing at me ( friend being John Douglas ). I then brigged his friend. And then when I was enroute to collect the other engi the corridors set on fire, preventing me from recapturing or rescueing
[2020-01-29 20:50:40.117] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain): Lockerwelding someone is not appropriate behaviour for shoving from someone who has a brig available. Do you have any reason besides this that they were metabuddies?
[2020-01-29 20:51:23.053] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): Because his friend John had a shotgun in his hand and was shooting at me
[2020-01-29 20:51:48.418] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Do you have any proof that they were friends?
[2020-01-29 20:52:24.244] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Yes John Douglas says, "You fucker you welded my friend in a locker" - id recommend checking logs and chat logs
[2020-01-29 20:53:00.022] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): And you discovered this proof after you had already done the welding?
[2020-01-29 20:54:06.374] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): No I discovered this while his friend was shooting at me and while the guy who got welder locked was attempting to disarm me when I was trying to chase the guy with a shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:54:43.663] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): This wasn't random, this was mid fight and calculated as to capture both of them, one of which was armed and using said shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:55:03.038] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Yet he clearly said 'you lockerwelded my friend'. Bit odd to say if you had not lockerwelded yet.
[2020-01-29 20:55:59.557] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): I think your being confused, you asked me for evience that they were friends, which I provided. If your asking me why did I know he was involved with the guy running around with the shotgun it was because he was attempting to disarm/push me into a wall while I was chasing said guy with a shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:57:15.992] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): What you did crossed the line. I'm not going to argue about this.
[2020-01-29 20:57:37.504] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Ok drop the ban ill see you on the forums
[2020-01-29 20:59:34.753] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): See you there!
[2020-01-29 20:59:37.175] ADMINPRIVATE: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden) has created a temporary 1 week role ban from 4 roles for Rany_Rain. Roles: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer Reason: As a security officer, lockerwelded an assistant for shoving them during a chase. Cited the person they were chasing saying the person was their friend as reasoning afterwards. Please do not lockerweld people for shoving you, even if you suspect they were metabuddies.
For transparency's sake, here is the afformentioned security note:
2020-01-11 22:53:38
phuzzylodgik
Events
Playing as the head of security, removed the legs of a person they had arrested for assault. Massive overescalation and not the sort of behavior we expect from security, let alone a head.
Rany_Rain

Post by Rany_Rain » #538220

FloranOtten wrote:To be clear, this ban is still centrally about the lockerwelding. I'm entirely willing to lift this if you promise to improve. I'm merely pointing out that your reason for being unbanned are not holding water.

Ahelp log (taken from https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/event- ... 6/game.log):
[2020-01-29 20:42:39.392] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Hey, what happened with you and Chisato Moritaka?
[2020-01-29 20:43:03.761] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): I don't know? Can you remind me? Unless you mean Bill Ledczhuk (as Iantha Catleay)!
[2020-01-29 20:43:16.826] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): The person you stunned and, presumably, lockerwelded.
[2020-01-29 20:43:46.349] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Oh, his metabuddy had a shotgun and was shooting at me so I locker welded to make sure he didn't escape when I caught him, then I birgged his friend then fire happened
[2020-01-29 20:43:59.731] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Brigged*
[2020-01-29 20:44:55.632] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): He was pushing or attempting to push me while I went after his friend with the shotty.
[2020-01-29 20:45:06.266] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): While I had a batton out
[2020-01-29 20:45:36.036] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): That's hardly proof of metabuddying, and is not a reason to lockerweld someone until they die.
Our conversation continues into the next round (logs taken from https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/event- ... 9/game.log):
[2020-01-29 20:47:45.827] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain): I'm going to give you a weekban from security roles. Please improve your conduct while playing another role.
[2020-01-29 20:47:51.843] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): Let me reply
[2020-01-29 20:49:45.691] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): His friend was reported as running around with a shotgun as reported over sec comms and common, I saw him in arrivals and ran after with a stun batton, during this his friend started pushing me so I stunned him and placed him in a locker to prevent him from preventing me capturing the guy with the shotgun in his hand, I then caught his friend while he was fireing at me ( friend being John Douglas ). I then brigged his friend. And then when I was enroute to collect the other engi the corridors set on fire, preventing me from recapturing or rescueing
[2020-01-29 20:50:40.117] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Rany_Rain): Lockerwelding someone is not appropriate behaviour for shoving from someone who has a brig available. Do you have any reason besides this that they were metabuddies?
[2020-01-29 20:51:23.053] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(FloranOtten): Because his friend John had a shotgun in his hand and was shooting at me
[2020-01-29 20:51:48.418] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(FloranOtten)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Do you have any proof that they were friends?
[2020-01-29 20:52:24.244] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Yes John Douglas says, "You fucker you welded my friend in a locker" - id recommend checking logs and chat logs
[2020-01-29 20:53:00.022] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): And you discovered this proof after you had already done the welding?
[2020-01-29 20:54:06.374] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): No I discovered this while his friend was shooting at me and while the guy who got welder locked was attempting to disarm me when I was trying to chase the guy with a shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:54:43.663] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): This wasn't random, this was mid fight and calculated as to capture both of them, one of which was armed and using said shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:55:03.038] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): Yet he clearly said 'you lockerwelded my friend'. Bit odd to say if you had not lockerwelded yet.
[2020-01-29 20:55:59.557] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): I think your being confused, you asked me for evience that they were friends, which I provided. If your asking me why did I know he was involved with the guy running around with the shotgun it was because he was attempting to disarm/push me into a wall while I was chasing said guy with a shotgun
[2020-01-29 20:57:15.992] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): What you did crossed the line. I'm not going to argue about this.
[2020-01-29 20:57:37.504] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson)->FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden): Ok drop the ban ill see you on the forums
[2020-01-29 20:59:34.753] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden)->Rany_Rain/(Gannon Digson): See you there!
[2020-01-29 20:59:37.175] ADMINPRIVATE: FloranOtten/(Athena Teagarden) has created a temporary 1 week role ban from 4 roles for Rany_Rain. Roles: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer Reason: As a security officer, lockerwelded an assistant for shoving them during a chase. Cited the person they were chasing saying the person was their friend as reasoning afterwards. Please do not lockerweld people for shoving you, even if you suspect they were metabuddies.
phuzzylodgik
Events
Playing as the head of security, removed the legs of a person they had arrested for assault. Massive overescalation and not the sort of behavior we expect from security, let alone a head.
phuzzylodgik
Events
[/quote]

Not even gonna argue with that note FWI, it was shitty behavior 100%. But the circumstance behind it is why its a note and not a ban. I accept when I fuck up and tend to avoid carrying out such actions again. Hence why it was never appealed.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #538224

I accept when I fuck up and tend to avoid carrying out such actions again.
I'll take this as consent and shall lift the ban. Be good!
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!