BYOND account: Abductme
Character name: Citrus(???)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 24h
Ban reason: https://i.imgur.com/jHzvU7R.png
Time ban was placed: The above
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 129478

Your side of the story: Playing podperson for the first time, learning botany for the first time as well. Decided once I'd made a pile of gatfruit and combustible lemons (and accidentally exploding a random assistant who was mining past the seed vault with them, whoops) to plant the kudzu I'd made slightly earlier to reclaim lavaland for the plants. Planted it around the seed vault and in random spots in lavaland and eventually found my way to the mining base. Planted it in there when I was bwoinked, I had no plans to put it on the shuttle, just to reclaim lavaland itself. The base is man-made, gotta be thorough. When bwoinked I left the base and continued planting kudzu throughout lavaland before being banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think making lavaland green again is a perfectly valid reason for a plant person to plant a spreading vine in an otherwise hostile environment.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] Abductme - Podperson Kudzu

Post by Stickymayhem » #539435

This is a very straightforward ban

Kudzu is deadly

Roleplay doesn't justify antagonistic behaviour.

You were not an antag.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #539445

I'd like to point out the seed vault ghost roles flavor text and goal. We outline ash lizard rules in this very same flavor text, so wouldnt it follow that they are allowed to spread life (in this case kudzu) whereever it will go?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #539519

skoglol wrote:I'd like to point out the seed vault ghost roles flavor text and goal. We outline ash lizard rules in this very same flavor text, so wouldnt it follow that they are allowed to spread life (in this case kudzu) whereever it will go?
I'd go with unspoken intent. Seed vault was added to be like a botany practice room, not to spread kudzu. What you've written is sort of analogous to "free golems have backstory saying they're free to do whatever, so why do we ban them for releasing singulos?"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Abductkaz

Post by Abductkaz » #539528

Well good to see it sparked a discussion, as minor as it was. I was basing my actions off of the spawn text as well as plant = want more plant, but alright. An adjustment to the flavor text would probably prevent anything like this from happening in the future.

Either way now I wonder if 0 potency kudzu never mutates or if it still has a chance to do so. 0 pot kudzu with the light mutation would be pretty based in lavaland, especially for a podperson. Since kudzu needs to mutate to be actually harmful, doesn't it?
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #544441

I will agree that there is some ambiguity involved in the role, but as kudzu is indeed as deadly as it is, there's nothing wrong with this ruling.

If an effort was made to create a beneficial kudzu (there is such a thing!) or something along those lines, it may have been a different story entirely.

As it is, you can view this as a standard rule 1 ban, it's just massively disruptive to anyone who may be mining after it grows to a critical point.