BYOND account: Iamgoofball
Character name: n/a
Ban type: discord
Ban length: perma
Ban reason: telling people to kill themselves
Time ban was placed: i forgot
Server you were playing on when banned: n/a
Round ID in which ban was placed: n/a
Your side of the story: i was mad about my github ban and was telling people to kill themselves, completely immature behavior on my part
Why you think you should be unbanned:[/b] I'm missing valuable player feedback for the major gamemode PRs I'm doing right now, and I've stopped telling people to kill themselves since I'm now a staunch anarchosyndicalist instead of a dumb alt right shithead, and that shit isn't cool
References of good conduct: i only play tg but im an active member in a lot of Something Awful community discords because they're extremely leftist and i got tired of hanging out with non-leftists because slurs, transphobia, ableism, and homophobia isn't cool or good or something I want to be around.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Iamgoofball - discord ban appeal

Post by bobbahbrown » #543353

Please follow the ban template for discord appeals. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18834
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #543367

well, i figured that just saying "i don't tell people to kill themselves anymore" wasn't enough so i wanted to explain the why behind it for transparency
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #543368

also i brought up being wrong and admitting guilt in the "your side of the story" before the politics
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #543370

bobbahbrown wrote:Please follow the ban template for discord appeals. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18834
too late to do this but all the relevant info is there + the original discord account no longer exists
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #543552

Moderator reminder that if you are not the banning admin and you claim that "well really the reason for this ban was actually x" or "who even cares about x in your ban, really it was for y," that's an "I feel like..." post and is peanut.
If you'd like to bring up an objective, factual ban reason with proof, that would be acceptable.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #544461

We've decided to lift the discord ban, although I do have a couple things to add.

You've recently (as of writing this) been coding a new game mode and making interactions with the community, this I have no issue with and I'm glad you're trying to contribute content. However, you have sent multiple admins some extremely rage fueled messages simply because a key holder wasn't around to run your mode and watch over you, taking this as personal attacks. Not once has this been the case, and in fact has mostly just been "I can't really do that right now because I'm busy"

If this sort of thing continues to be the case moving forward, or you go back to sowing drama in the discord expect yourself to end up removed from it once again rather swiftly.