Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

[Arianya] Deedubya - excuse me what the hecc

Post by deedubya » #544774

BYOND account: Deedubya

Character name: still none

Ban type: Appearance ban

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: unintentional ban evasion(that's my b)

Time ban was placed: over three and a half months ago

Server you were playing on when banned: none

Round ID in which ban was placed: who knows

Your side of the story: I was told I could appeal again in three months, here I am, fashionably late

Why you think you should be unbanned: For what it's worth, I haven't had any notes or incidents of either ban evasion or naming policy violations since both the original appearance ban, and the recent appearance ban.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Arianya] Deedubya - excuse me what the hecc

Post by Arianya » #544775

You've also barely played in the intervening time, so I don't think that's as strong a vouch for you as you think it is.

That said, I can't realistically handle a ban appeal from a political opponent during election time without, whatever my decision would be, being interpreted in political light, so I'm going to recuse myself and ask the headmins to rule on this one.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #544781

Arianya wrote:You've also barely played in the intervening time, so I don't think that's as strong a vouch for you as you think it is.
It's also basically impossible for me to have broken either of those rules during my time banned. If I had ban evaded again, I wouldn't be here making this appeal, as I'd be rightfully permabanned. It's also literally impossible for me to violate naming policy when I'm unable to set a name. The "vouch" is mostly regarding the several months I played beforehand where I'd never received even a note for naming policy.

Also, somewhat unrelated but food for thought: The name ban is one of the reasons I have lowered my playtime on this server. In that regard, you could interpret the ban as being more effective than intended. But that's a bit of a wild stretch. I believe my conduct regarding the two reasons I received this ban to begin with should speak for itself.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #546402

Regardless of whether or not your playtime was reduced because of said appearance ban or not, it's genuinely difficult to get a feeling that you've got good behavior more so than it used to be if you more or less didn't play at all in the given time frame. As of writing this you're running for election and have also multiple times in the election threads talked about your lack of activity.

I'm going to push this appeal off for only a month, with the caveat being you need to show that you actually want to play on the server during that month by keeping your activity at a fairly decent level. Not saying you need to play all day every day, but an average amount.

Full disclosure that I am making this decision on my own given that plapatin is also running against you and that karp is for the most part MIA. Take that information however you like.