Skorpio
Byond Username: Skorpting

[Dorsidwarf] Skorpting - Head role Jobban

Post by Skorpio » #546320

Byond account: Skorpting
Character name: Frederick Biscuit
Ban type: Head roles.
Ban length: 2 weeks.
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 14 days - Roundstart suicide and logoff as Research Director.
Time ban was placed: 2020-02-20 15:15:43
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: <Not present in ban reason from server.>
Your side of the story: From a simple aspect it was a case of not get antag, leave and try and join a quicker server. However, it was round start and my preferences were on medium for multiple roles and it just happened that I rolled RD, I accept that i am responsible for leaving and that I didn't think through the consequences of leaving as a head of department at the time. What happened was that I saw that I did not get antag and proceeded to jump out an airlock and turn off suit sensors, waiting a bit after dying before then disconnecting from the server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: From the moment I had the ban I had realised that I had taken the wrong action. Therefore, having thought about it I will avoid purposely disconnecting as a head at round start again as I now see how much of an impact it has on the round and the RP element of the game and I regret my actions. Previously to this ban, my most played head had been CMO and I had been dedicated and relatively successful in my job which I hope shows my previous care and responsibility towards being a head of staff. Why I think I should be unbanned? Well I honestly see a 2 week ban as being quite excessive for all head roles for the few negative actions that I took and that if I don't get an unban at least a shortening in length as I wish to return to being able to play the deeper elements of the gameplay that is provided by being a head of staff.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Re: [Dorsidwarf] Skorpting - Head role Jobban

Post by OhChildflayer » #546366

Just an FYI: Joining a round to see if you get antag, and suiciding when you don't is often referred to as "antag rolling", and is against the rules.
Skorpio
Byond Username: Skorpting

Post by Skorpio » #546371

Yeah, I am sorry about it and promise to not do it again.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #546394

Jobban appeal approved, please don't do that again.

Additonally, as has been mentioned in the thread, playing the game just to try and get antag & suiciding/DCing every time you don't is against the rules, and you can get in trouble for it up to a permanent antag ban. Again, do not do this, the game doesn't work if people only play to be antags.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕