Appeals which have been closed.
CroagunkTimes

[NecromancerAnne] <CroagunkTimes> - Ban Appeal for CroagunkTimes 03-02-2020

Post by CroagunkTimes » #546835

BYOND account: <CroagunkTimes>
Character name: <Chance (Something)>
Ban type: <Metacomms>
Ban length: <1 week>
Ban reason: <Metacomms between Caker and Smenlly_Birb. Used thsi to grant Caker a distinct in-game advantage while they were an antagonist. Lower punishment only because you are new, and I'm giving you this opportunity to read and familiarize yourself with our rules.>
Time ban was placed: <2020-03-03 02:37:45>
Server you were playing on when banned: < Bagil>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <131400>
Your side of the story: <Me and my friends were chatting over discord while playing. It was a mix of teaching me how to play (I have like 5 rounds under my belt), insulting each other, and talking shit. I didn't interact with them, or anyone really, for the entirety of the round. I don't understand how any of us had a "distinct in-game advantage" we were three different roles in three different parts of the stations. For sake of complete clarity I will admit that my friend Caker asked me to give him my ID card when he was wizard. I didn't know this was against the rules or helpful. Honestly I haven't seen a use for the ID card yet so I just figured I would hand it to him. If I didn't he probably would of beaten me for it anyway. I'm just trying to learn the game and relax from a stressful college day. I would really appreciate if I could get access back to this really interesting game as I fear that I won't end up playing on a different server for a multitude of personal reasons.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I am brand new to the game, I just learned how to smoke yesterday. I don't see how my friends giving me advice and us talking about general shit and life stories affected anything in game. I find it hard to enjoy a quiet game like this without talking to some buddies. WE weren't hurting anyone or affecting other's experiences. We just wanted to enjoy each other's company and fuck around.>
References of good conduct: <I have had this game downloaded for only a few days. I have broken no rules so far and have not negatively affected any one's game (as far as I can tell at least). My interactions with the community thus far have been positive. >
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject fix
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] <CroagunkTimes> - Ban Appeal for CroagunkTimes 03-02-2020

Post by NecromancerAnne » #547364

Not sure what to tell you mate but I gave you a week out of sheer and total mercy. You literally, with no pretense, were an accomplice to metacommunications between you and all your friends. We have a very, very strict policy about this, and that you have only received a week is only because I want you to take the time to read over our rules and recognize how exactly your friend Caker is an, and I'm sorry, a massive manipulative arsehole.

There is nothing wrong with introducing new players to the game. And there is nothing wrong with introducing those players and communicating to us that you intend to teach them via voice channels. But in this instance, your friend only wanted to use you to gain an advantage in-game. SS13 is a game about happenstance and small variables leading to a very different experience in unforeseeable ways. When you have someone deliberately tilting the scales in their favour via means unavailable to other players, such as in-game co-operation (metafriending) and outside communication (metacommunication) with those players to gain an advantage you would otherwise not have if it were not for those factors, it ends up utterly ruining the experience.

So the appeal is denied. If there is anyone else involved in this group of yours, you should tell them not to play together over discord and you should probably tell Caker to pull his head in.